shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for a little ruby

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I think your stone is lovely, whoever made it. This whole thread I've been thinking, how can that be glass? (And why didn't the seller defend it?) I hope you set it and show us.

Last edited:

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Newbie here with my first post! I came across this little pre-owned loose gem (0.6 ct., ~5mm across and 4.9mm top-bottom) and the color nearly stopped my heart. I'm having it sent out to GIA for a cert, but a G.G. gemologist believes it's a natural ruby. While I'm waiting for the certification, I'm having fun imagining how I might set it. I started out assuming it would be best as a pendant stone -- it's tiny, especially compared to some of the amazing pieces on this forum! -- but I'd be able to see it so much better on a ring. What would you do: pendant or ring? (My hands and fingers are average-sized and square, and dainty rings don't normally look great on me. I wear necklaces often. But if it's in a ring, I could stare at it all day! ... )

IMG_4430.jpg

Edit: I just caught up with the whole thread. Holy smoke. What an adventure, to put it mildly. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way it should have. Anyway, here's my response about setting ideas — for your next ruby heart, of course!

It's so pretty, @Treflo! My .30 ruby heart is in a teensy-diamond halo, and I love how it looks. I've posted it for sale on LT and in the Pre-loved channel here, but if it doesn't sell, I will have the ruby set into a more modern design, something similar to this beauty (but with softer lines, more organic):

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 4.10.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Treflo

Rough_Rock
Edit: I just caught up with the whole thread. Holy smoke. What an adventure, to put it mildly. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way it should have. Anyway, here's my response about setting ideas — for your next ruby heart, of course!

It's so pretty, @Treflo! My .30 ruby heart is in a teensy-diamond halo, and I love how it looks. I've posted it for sale on LT and in the Pre-loved channel here, but if it doesn't sell, I will have the ruby set into a more modern design, something similar to this beauty (but with softer lines, more organic):

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 4.10.12 PM.png

Thanks so much! The ring you've listed is really lovely, just not quite what I'm looking for at the moment. Best wishes for a quick sale! ... Or maybe not, so you can use the stone for this beautiful setting instead?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! The ring you've listed is really lovely, just not quite what I'm looking for at the moment. Best wishes for a quick sale! ... Or maybe not, so you can use the stone for this beautiful setting instead?

Thank you! And, yes, either way would be OK with me. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results