shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with this Asscher ASAP! :)

sst

Rough_Rock
Hello lovely people! I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this stone. It seems that picking a 2 C Asscher is a bit of a mine field. I LOVE the way this stone looks in person and it fits many of my criteria, but I want to make sure I don't make a rookie mistake. I appreciate your input very much!
Many Thanks! ASET.jpg IdealScope.jpg
Diamond.jpg
SST

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video is unavailable. And can we get the specs? Thanks.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks beautiful to me! It's hard to go wrong with a Yekutiel pick :)

Reactions: sst

sst

Rough_Rock
Lets try this!

sst

Rough_Rock
Wow, it looks beautiful to me! It's hard to go wrong with a Yekutiel pick :)
Thanks ILikeShiny. He seems to be amazing. I just dont know enough about diamonds yet so I really appreciate your input. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks worth a shot to me. It is best to see it in person.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that looks promising - not a lot of leakage and seems to have active faceting, although the video isn't that high quality so it's a little difficult to judge!

sst

Rough_Rock
Thanks Whitewave and ILikeShiny! Its a 2.40 C , H color, VVS1, S/P Excellent, Table 61.6%, Depth 64.8%, Crown Angle 37.1, Crown height 14.2, Girdle 3.3%, F None.
Unfortunately I cannot go there as I live in LA.
Did you see teh video they sent me?

sst

Rough_Rock
I think that looks promising - not a lot of leakage and seems to have active faceting, although the video isn't that high quality so it's a little difficult to judge!
Thanks OoohShiny!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The bottom picture in the first posts shows the downside of this stone, it may look a bit dark in some lighting.
This is also shown by all the green on ASET when there is no light the green zone it goes dark.
In the real world this is less of an issue because there is usually some light in the green zone. It also depends on how quickly it flashes with tilt.
It is something to look for because it cant really be known if its a large issue without seeing it in person.

sst

Rough_Rock
Start with the stones table towards you then rotate it slowly left and right and you will see what I am talking about.
Large sections under the table go dark all at once instead of it walking across the stone.
Thanks Karl, I see what you mean. Is this a deal-breaker for you? Very kindly offered offered to send it to me to see in person. I don't want to waste their time and money...

sst

Rough_Rock
btw it has excellent fire and Good Scintillation and Brilliance

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Shameless plug, I am selling a 2ct asscher with an amazing ASET listed under preloved PS jewels. I live 3 hrs from LA so it would also be an option to see in person just FYI. ;))

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karl, I see what you mean. Is this a deal-breaker for you? Very kindly offered offered to send it to me to see in person. I don't want to waste their time and money...

It will be disappointment to you, should you look at your big rock & see darkness l, instead of cascading flashes downward toward the center, as you rotate the diamond in certain lighting. Yes, step-Cuts dim, and flash, and sparkle...but you don't want blank spots. A lifeless Asscher is a sad Asscher...
:(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results