shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.55 G VS1 ACA in Vatche U-113

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
The size difference is shocking. My husband’s first words when he saw it was, “Dang!” Lol. I feel this is the perfect size for me. I want to turn my old ring into a pendant. Just need to figure out how to do that now.

Beautiful upgrade! I did a similar one December 2022.
I also kept my old diamond (1.2 ct G SI1 Expert Selection) and made a floating martini pendant from BGD. It’s rose gold chain with a platinum setting.

Attachments

• IMG_4077.jpeg
    IMG_4077.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 18

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! I did a similar one December 2022.
I also kept my old diamond (1.2 ct G SI1 Expert Selection) and made a floating martini pendant from BGD. It’s rose gold chain with a platinum setting.

Thank you! That’s a beautiful pendant! Does it flip at all?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash also has this full bezel pendant. Bezels give a bit of size umph to a diamond!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think this would flip?

I think because it is a bit heavier it wouldn’t, but I would ask Whiteflash about it. If you go down to the bottom of the page I sent, you can see all the folks that have gotten that setting. Gives you a bit of an idea with all of the different sized diamonds that have been set in it.

CB3

Rough_Rock
What an amazing upgrade.

It looks so spectacular. Thank you for sharing... And I will say that your posts were inspiring and helped me finish/decide on the one I'm designing!

I love your prongs. The view from the top as well as side profile just seems perfect.

Did you request any special modifications or alterations for that look?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My upgrade arrived and all I can say is WOW! I can’t stop staring at it. I went from a 1.57 G SI2 to this beauty.

2.55 G VS1 ACA
Platinum Vatche U-113
Ring size 4.5

Ignore my sausage fingers.

IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2646.jpeg IMG_2641.jpeg IMG_2639.jpeg IMG_2636.jpeg

Classic and gorgeous! What a beautiful upgrade in every way! Congratulations on JOTW!!

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It looks lovely on you especially with your wedding band

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing upgrade.

It looks so spectacular. Thank you for sharing... And I will say that your posts were inspiring and helped me finish/decide on the one I'm designing!

I love your prongs. The view from the top as well as side profile just seems perfect.

Thank you! I tried to have WF make my prongs look like @Tonks prongs. She gave a really great detailed report on how she wanted her prongs. I basically told WF to make them like hers (provided pictures of her prongs and the prong photo) and set the diamond on the low side of medium.

Last edited:

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing upgrade.

Forgot to add when I got my completed picture, I thought my prongs looked bulky and not petite. If you look at my other thread asking for extra eyes on my prongs, @mrs-b suggested that I have WF shave the prongs down so they wouldn’t protrude outwards as much. Hope this helps a bit.

CB3

Rough_Rock
Forgot to add when I got my completed picture, I thought my prongs looked bulky and not petite. If you look at my other thread asking for extra eyes on my prongs, @mrs-b suggested that I have WF shave the prongs down so they wouldn’t protrude outwards as much. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks!

If you don't mind taking a peak... I have a very similar ring im trying to design! Link below. Although you can skip to page 3 to see the proofs/pics provided by WF

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

If you don't mind taking a peak... I have a very similar ring im trying to design! Link below. Although you can skip to page 3 to see the proofs/pics provided by WF

Here is a picture of your on top and mine on the bottom. They seem really close. Mine look slightly more rounded on some vs tab. IMG_2790.jpeg

Reactions: CB3

CB3

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of your on top and mine on the bottom. They seem really close. Mine look slightly more rounded on some vs tab. IMG_2790.jpeg

Thanks!

What do you think about the way they look from the side? Yours looks so perfect.

I'm wondering if mine is set a little higher? Or if that basket/base of prongs is bigger?

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

What do you think about the way they look from the side? Yours looks so perfect.

I'm wondering if mine is set a little higher? Or if that basket/base of prongs is bigger?

Yours on the left and mine in the right. In this profile view, yours does look a tad not as open than mine. However, on the side view, they look the same. It could be that mine is set lower than yours and that is why mine looks more open?
IMG_2792.jpeg

CB3

Rough_Rock
Yours on the left and mine in the right. In this profile view, yours does look a tad not as open than mine. However, on the side view, they look the same. It could be that mine is set lower than yours and that is why mine looks more open?
IMG_2792.jpeg

Thanks, I think so! Sorry to hijack your thread here. I just wanted to say that I loved your ring/design, and everything you've done for it. You have helped and are still inspiring me on mine! I am glad you are so happy with yours and thank you again for all that you have shared with us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results