shape
carat
color
clarity

5.46 OEC recut with SW

OMG, totally agree, i wouldnt be surprised if they stop at some point. In general as consumers we are more exhausting for them, we ask for more, more pics, more hand holding, more changes, more questions. Thats why a middle man is better for them to help guide them as to what they want and then they just have to cut. Honestly, it's part of why i just am having this cut now, even if i just sit on it!

I’m just getting caught up on this… omg!!! You bought the big one!!!! Omg omg omg… I’m so excited for you! Her peachy color is to die for!!! ❤️

I don't believe the culet has anything to do with optics.

I wouldn't classify either of these as American cut per se. Too deep for one thing and likely too high crowns. This style of cut is its own modern beastie.

When you consider cut you really need to try and find out the lower girdle facet length. It has a huge impact on appearance. It is the facet that makes arrows for example.

and theres where i just have to trust Ashley, because I would only get that with a sarin! Or knowing the formulas, Karl could probably do it in his head, LOL!

I am excited to see how this turns out! I think it's going to be pretty similar visually to this one I already have! I will report back in a month or so! LOL!

I’m just getting caught up on this… omg!!! You bought the big one!!!! Omg omg omg… I’m so excited for you! Her peachy color is to die for!!! ❤️

I couldnt stop thinking about it!!

I considered leaving it as MRB, but for one, it's 7.6ct which is crazy even for me, and two, I just really love the broad facets and chunkiness of that old cut pattern. Im curious as to if that underlying body color will change how it reflects colors.

I will report back in a month or so! LOL!

If you've got time on your hands and wouldn't mind staring at your sparklies more, would you make a video of your huge halo alongside the ring you have in the first photo on your pointer finger? I'm always interested in seeing the sparkle between giant honkers and megawatt melee antique rings :)

OK, so imgur seems to be putting the over 18 warning on these again, so i dont know if they're going to work... LOL!

if the media link doesnt work, maybe you can click below and certify you're over 18, lol apparently i have xrated looking fingers

Don't be surprised if access to this service changes as demand increases. Becoming popular on Pricescope often changes things a lot for boutique operations. Not sure how popular this approach could become given the risk and uncertainty involved, but it could happen.

I agree. I contemplated not even mentioning it, because “they…”make people’s dreams come true. And it’s really a public service, when you know anything about how protective of sources this industry is. And how competitive. So I won’t say much more.

I'm getting an "imgur refused to connect" @Inked can anyone else see the above vids?

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 8.04.45 AM.png

I'm getting an "imgur refused to connect" @Inked can anyone else see the above vids?

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 8.04.45 AM.png

they wont work, Imgur thinks it's over 18 content, i will have to do them over

I agree. I contemplated not even mentioning it, because “they…”make people’s dreams come true. And it’s really a public service, when you know anything about how protective of sources this industry is. And how competitive. So I won’t say much more.

I agree with this... I mean, SW is great because you can send a diamond and say "give me an OEC looking cut" or you can send basic stats and say "Do this" they allow you to not have to do a ton of research.

I did actually contact other cutters just because i was thinking "Maybe i should try someone else and see if i get something different", but the reality is I love this cut pattern, i truly just always go back to this. So I contacted 3 cutters who advertise re-habbing diamonds or cutting from old cut to modern cut. So i sent an an email asking if they could do the opposite and if I sent a MRB lab could they recut to an OEC and 2 replied they could do it.

With the internet it's not too hard to get the stats of something you like to ask specifics for the cut and find cutters. Unfortunately the internet makes it hard for middlemen because we can do it ourselves and pay less. And you have amazing vendors like Jon if you dont want to do it yourself.

In the end, i just really liked working with Ashley. It's not a savings if you dont like the results!

@Inked I am anxiously waiting to see the gorgeous recut! <3

@Inked I am anxiously waiting to see the gorgeous recut! <3

YES!!! i have it!! I received the completed ring last week, i have just been SO BUSY at work I havent had a chance to do a proper photoshoot with it!! :lol: I LOVE IT!! I wanted to not really like it and sell it to make up for all the OTHER jewelry I bought but it came out beautiful and I cant part with it.. notjust yet anyway!

I also ordered another OEC cut from another vendor for a FRACTION of the price (recuts are just expensive, you are buying a whole @ss diamond and then paying MORE than the original price to recut it) but that should be here any day too... so i was kind of hoping to do one thread instead of boring you all with multiple threads, but FINE :lol-2: I will make a thread for it tomorrow!! it came out to 5.7 carats. I told Ashley to cut it down, he could have hit the stats i asked for and left it over 6 carats but i said to make it smaller, i didnt really want bigger than 5.5 !

Tomorrow???! Can’t you give us a teensie tiny preview??! Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Lol of course! I’m just on my phone and I guess I’m an idiot because I can’t figure out how to get the pictures to insert on my iPhone so hopefully this works as an attachment

To be honest this is a pretty bad picture of the diamond…but I love the moodiness of it with the blackberries

t20240707_034732.jpeg

Lol of course! I’m just on my phone and I guess I’m an idiot because I can’t figure out how to get the pictures to insert on my iPhone so hopefully this works as an attachment

To be honest this is a pretty bad picture of the diamond…but I love the moodiness of it with the blackberries

t20240707_034732.jpeg

YES!!!! Thank you! :lol-2:

She’s beautiful!!! I can’t wait to see more pics videos and hear how you are going to set her!

t20240707_034732.jpeg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!

Yep I'm another one here just waiting for pics lol you're not boring any of us!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics