shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Southwest recut 7.64 ct MRB to 5.69 carat OEC

Very lovely! It is much more a classic OEC than you other big one, and it’s nice to have both styles. And how fun to use Tolkowskis proportions like that! Me thinks you could start a trend.

it was fun reading all the history!! I only didnt use them before because i couldn't see them, so just relying on the stats without seeing the facets was my road block... leave it to AI to fix that !

I forgot my audience.... :lol:

BUT it was more because i have a transitional and an emerald also coming soooo... how many posts do you really want to see from me??!! LOL!!

Haha post them all!! For those of us on ban island it's a welcome distraction but it's also adding things to our wishlist that wasn't there before lol.

Do you notice any difference in color after the recut?

Honestly, i didnt see the color before the recut and i still dont, I mean I am sure it's there in the background making it do the fabulous things it does!

Thanks for sharing! I love that labs allow us to create our dream(s) :)
PS I think we could all use a family shot of your collection!

Totally agree, i would never pay for one 5 carat in earth mined but lab allows me to have TWO! Oh, and the other 4 rings... lol!

Gorgeous! Who made the setting? It's beautiful!

OMG, I can't believe i forgot to say, David Klass! I can guarantee you this- if i have something made, David made it... my diamond purchases are all over the place (Alex Parks, China, India, recut my own, NYC) but ONLY David Klass for my settings! LOL!

Holy Smokes that's gorgeous!!! Your attention to detail and style just the best!! I may have read too fast, but who made your setting?

More photos please ;-)

UG, that was my bad, it was David Klass, i tried to edit it on Saturday but i missed the edit window, lol!

Honestly, i didnt see the color before the recut and i still dont, I mean I am sure it's there in the background making it do the fabulous things it does!

You may notice is more by how it reacts to environmental colors! More tinted diamonds tend to take on more of the warmth in an environment. I wonder if you compare this diamond to a colorless one (or near) in a yellow or beige room would you see a difference.

Last edited:
Wowzers! You have such a great eye for this! And stomach of steel, lol! I would be so anxious the whole time.
Agree we need a family picture :kiss2:

I will work on it! It's super hectic at work and my stepdaughter leaving for college TOMORROW! I definitely had anxiety the first time, but now that I am on my 5th its gotten easier.. LOL!

Haha post them all!! For those of us on ban island it's a welcome distraction but it's also adding things to our wishlist that wasn't there before lol.

:lol-2: I *should* be on ban island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was just going to say the exact same thing -- like pansy petals! So amazing!

Still it's too bad you couldn't hold out for a big one. :P2

I'm saving up... :lol-2:

It's funny, i kept thinking, will I ever find a size that's TOO big for my eye?? and the answer is this 5.7 is definitely my limit!!! I wouldn't want any bigger than this. Even this is a stretch, i told him 5.5, the Sarine says it's 5.7 but the 'carat calculator' says it's 5.86. I kind of regret not sending it to IGI to re-cert, it's just a lot of shipping back and forth and i worried about losing it LOL

Wowsers, absolutely stunning :kiss2:

OOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTLY STUNNING <3

thank you! for some reason i have trouble with imgur, it always flags my posts as x-rated :lol-2: I mean, maybe my fingers look like penises, but how many penises can one person have??

x1uFlD4.mp4

Last edited:
thank you! for some reason i have trouble with imgur, it always flags my posts as x-rated :lol-2: I mean, maybe my fingers look like penises, but how many penises can one person have??

x1uFlD4.mp4
@Inked The "penis" comment had me LOL!!! :lol-2: Too funny.

Thank you so much for posting all you know about specific OEC cuts. Its inspired me to go larger for the next stone. I am currently in talks with a vendor to custom cut a 5+ OEC carat as we speak. I think I am going to sell my other lab to fund the new one. Like you, I am in love with traditional OEC specs. It is the flowery facets!

Wear your gorgeous new ring in good health. She looks perfect on your finger :kiss2:

Thank you - I have an antique emerald cut coming, you may like :twisted:

Omg girl don’t tease me!!!! I need photos!!!!

❤️❤️❤️

I forgot my audience.... :lol:

BUT it was more because i have a transitional and an emerald also coming soooo... how many posts do you really want to see from me??!! LOL!!

The limit does not exist!!

I will work on it! It's super hectic at work and my stepdaughter leaving for college TOMORROW! I definitely had anxiety the first time, but now that I am on my 5th its gotten easier.. LOL!

I'm in the same boat, work keeps piling up with no end in sight! So I come here for a distraction :).
Good luck with sending her to college! That must be exciting and terrifying at the same time (I'm not ready for that).
Just looked up where Southwest Diamond Cutters are located. Should not have done that. They are about 30 mins away from me....must.resist.the.temptation

Spectacular! I love those chunky facets and rainbow flashes!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP