shape
carat
color
clarity

Another work of art by Victor Canera! Cushion w/Emilia Halo

edge29

Rough_Rock
First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who posts on PriceScope. I owe this community for the incredible ring that I am about to reveal! I think this ring is a testament to the guidance and knowledge we've gained from countless hours of reading posts.

A brief history of our search: We started looking at stones and rings around January of this year. I knew I liked the look of halo settings, but was drawn to asscher, radiant, cushion and emerald cuts for the center stone. Several visits to local jewelers were disappointing -- they really did not stock many fancy cuts and none that were particularly beautiful. We began scouring the web for info and came across PS. We learned of JamesAllen.com and ended up purchasing a 2.21ct asscher stone. It was a J and we knew the color might be a deal-breaker when we bought it, but had to see it in person to know. As we suspected, it was too warm for our tastes. Additionally, we just didn't love the asscher as much as we thought. The difference in reflection and sparkle in step-cuts vs. other fancies really struck us. I still love the look of a honkin' asscher or emerald cut, but our budget wouldn't allow for the size I would need to love the cut. We decided to focus on cushion brilliants. I loved the large facets and pillowy look.

Because of PS'ers experience, we decided to reach out to Perry Chen at Leon Mege. I can't say enough great things about Perry. He gave us his honest opinion of stones, was very responsive and brought us several stones for review. In the end, it was PS that brought us to diamondbistro and the stone we ultimately purchased. I stumbled across a 1.52ct elongated cushion brilliant one night for a price that couldn't be beat. Perry had brought us similar stones (higher ct weight but similar face-up size) for much more. We just couldn't justify the premium and decided to purchase from diamondbistro (and a fellow PS'er). With the money saved, we were able to get my dream setting from Victor Canera!

We considered settings from Steven Kirsch, Leon Mege and Victor. Ultimately, the glowing reviews from PS'ers sealed the deal w/ Victor. His work is absolute perfection! My fiance handled the setting w/ Victor, so the ultimate ring was a surprise to me. The setting is an Emilia Halo in platinum, with flush-fitting stems.

I cannot believe how incredibly gorgeous the finished product is. The stone is set to the perfect height, the pave is delicate and proportional to the stone, with the halo slightly tilted so no thick metal from the side view. It was well worth the wait -- I don't know if I will ever look at jewelry the same way ever again! I look forward to many more projects w/ Victor : )

Ring stats:
Cushion Brilliant
1.52ct
7.73 x 6.48 x 4.19
H VS2
Strong Blue Fluorescence
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Ring Size 4.5
Pave stones are single cut
and now...some pics!

loose.jpg

edge29

Rough_Rock
Re: Another work of art by Victor Canera! Cushion w/Emilia H

More pictures..

just_engaged.jpg

photo_7_0.jpg

instagram.jpg

_1461.jpg

edge29

Rough_Rock

And finally, some glamor shots! I think you can really see the strong blue in the last one. I really love the effect and the rainbow of colors the ring shoots off in every light. Ahhh totally in love : )

glam_shot.jpg

glam_2.jpg

glam_3.jpg

sbf.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! :love: :love: :love: What a lovely, lovely set!

JW, are there any cons to purchasing the diamond through LM, then not getting the setting made there? What are their diamond policies, regarding return period, upgrade, trade in? Of course, only if you don't mind sharing :saint:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

It is gorgeous!!!!!! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely ring, congrats!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Simply exquisite! Love the SBF in your diamond!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!! :love: Another beautiful creation by Victor!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous stone and ring!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

BEAUTIFUL!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring!!! Wear in health and happiness!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely ring - congrats and enjoy!

edge29

Rough_Rock

madelise|1351041485|3291151 said:
Beautiful! :love: :love: :love: What a lovely, lovely set!

JW, are there any cons to purchasing the diamond through LM, then not getting the setting made there? What are their diamond policies, regarding return period, upgrade, trade in? Of course, only if you don't mind sharing :saint:

Thats actually a great question and I do not know the answer about purchasing from LM and not having the setting made w/ him. When we reached out to Perry, we were considering Leon (as well as Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera) for the setting. If we had ultimately purchased a stone from Perry, we likely would have gone w/ Leon for the setting. But when we decided to purchase the stone from DB, we spent some additional time researching jewelers, and ultimately decided to go w/ Victor. Frankiextah's unbelievably detailed and helpful post comparing the work of Leon, Steven and Victor really helped us make up our minds.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/[/URL]

Sorry that wasn't really a helpful answer, maybe someone else will chime in : )

edge29

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for the kind words! We are thrilled to finally be engaged and my gorgeous ring is icing on the cake. The light show it gives off still takes my breath away :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the delicate halo and the flush fit stems! :love: :love: :love:
Victor is all about Perfection!!

Congrats on your engagement!! :appl:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

congrats on such an amazingly beautiful heirloom worthy piece !!! :appl:

i'm really glad my thread was able to help !

please post more photos !!! :love:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Not sure how I missed this but your ring is stunning. Congrats!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock

really really pretty!!! love it!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It is a beautiful ring, and congrats on your engagement!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous cushion and ring...congrats on your engagement. I see why you are so excited...great choices.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

I don't know how I missed this one either but she is gorgeous!!! I usually prefer more square halos but your elongated one totally sings to me. Wear her in good health!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

What a beautiful ring!!! Congrats on your engagement, and yes, having a beautiful ering is always better :bigsmile: We'll definitely need more pics!!! Congrats again! :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone and setting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock

Another Victor Canera masterpiece...he is truly gifted. Enjoy your ring, it's absolutely gorgeous and accents your hand very well! Wear it good health :)

irisheyes9

Rough_Rock

Beautiful ring! Do you know the size of the diamonds in the halo? I love the proportion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results