shape
carat
color
clarity

Are tiaras "in"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Your gown is stunning! Thanks for posting some photos.

Your dress is absolutely stunning!!! As for the tiara being $450, have you looked for cheaper options?

I love your dress!
30.gif
You will be a beautiful bride, with or without the tiara.

Personally, I don''t like tiaras...but I think they can look gorgeous on others. And the one you chose is really pretty and looks fantastic on you! Just something I wouldn''t wear myself (hmmm...unless you consider the one I''m wearing in my avatar for my 25th birthday. Oh well!
41.gif
)

Yeah, I''ve done a TON of looking in local shops. I found one other one that could work that is $150 and it''s solid pearls with a few rhinestones sprinkled in. I''m a little worried that the pearls on it would clash with my real pearl earrings and bracelet. Otherwise I haven''t found much that I like -- so much of it is really cheesy! There are a lot of inexpensive ones online but it''s so hard to tell what they would look like in real life and you usually can''t return them as they are special orders.

I didn''t take a picture of the cheaper option but I think this is it...
(from Erica Koesler)

Pearl headpiece.gif

I wore a headbandy type tiara for my wedding in 2004 when I was 44. It was really narrow and subtle and I decided to wear a veil as well despite it being my second wedding since my dress seemed unfinished without one. Wear what you want and what makes your heart sing! BTW I got mine from Ebay to match my grandmother''s amethyst brooch, that might be a great place for you to look.

Your tiara is lovely. And 30 IS NOT OLD!!! Using a tiara is a very traditional way to attach a veil and will never go out of style because those are often passed down through the generations. I think it looks perfect with your dress and hair style. Gorgeous dress, too!!

Date: 3/3/2009 5:21:49 PM
Author: monarch64
Hee hee, I wore a tiara when I got married in 2003 at age 26 (no veil), and now I'm 31 and going through a divorce...no engagement or wedding in sight (heck, not even dating!) but if I ever get married again I'm wearing a CROWN!!!
OMG, you are hysterical Monnie! :) A frigging crown...

Seriously though, my friend at 28 wore a petite tiara, which went very well with her dress and jewelry. She wanted to feel like a princess and she did!

Lovesparklies - your dress is amazing and is perfect for you. Either way you go, tiara or sans tiara you will look lovely. Tiaras are IMHO accessories, we really do not NEED, BUT, go for it if you want. I am going to be 32 this year (scary), though I am not engaged yet, I know I will want some sort of bling in my hair, be it a tiara, or a comb. Last October, I stood up to my friend's wedding and had the stylist pin a broach that had fakey pears and diamonds in my hair, which was just the right touch. If you are not sure you want to go for a tiara, maybe look for a comb with sparkle then. In fact, the one you posted seems quite nice. Check out ebay too, as my friend sold her tiara there after her wedding for a reduced price.

Do not be concerned about the tiara being "in" either. My mother told me she picked her dress, when it was "in" back in the 70's...need I say more?

Lovesparklies, your dress is gorgeous and you look lovely! Regarding the tiara question, I''m not a fan of them at any age. Imho, your dress is plenty pretty and it doesn''t need any extra (and distracting) bling. However, I do agree that it''s your wedding day and you should wear whatever makes you feel beautiful.

my opinion...from (what will be) a 35 year old bride...

there are some really awful and gawdy tiaras out there. we''ve all seen them. maybe this is why you feel that tiaras are a "young thing?"

the tiara you have chosen is beautiful and tasteful, and i must say, it looks absolutely beautiful on you!

I really do think it depends on the personality of the bride.

Thanks, omieluv and ilovethiswebsite for the links, and to all of your for your opinions. (By the way, there are so many fun things on etsy but I haven''t quite figured out how it works to actually buy things so I never have!
33.gif
)

I''m starting to agree with those who have said that my dress can stand on its own and will look pretty without extra bling. I''m thinking a good compromise might be to get a cheapy tiara to just have to wear around the house but not on my wedding day!
31.gif
LOL!!

A lot of us are influenced by what our friends have done previously at their weddings, whether it''s tiaras or favors or the order of the ceremony or whatever. In my case, none of my friends have done tiaras or any sort of headpiece so it seems a little odd to wear one myself. I think that''s where a lot of my hesitation comes from. As much as we try to stay true to our own personalities it''s hard not to be influenced by those around us. (Hello, pricescope! How many of us have been influenced by what other pricescopers are doing at their weddings?!)

I think the tiara looks very pretty-- I have to say that I really prefer the pic without it!
(I tend to like the more natural look for brides-- not usually a fan of tiaras in general, or overdone hair for that matter)
you look so stunning without it (a very simple, tasteful beauty)

Personally, for weddings, I think one item should really stand out and everything else should be kept simple. In your case, the dress (like everyone has said) really speaks for itself (gorgeous!).

p.s.
I kinda like the veil a little farther back on you too!
Anyway you decide, you will be a knock-out!

I''m not a fan of tiaras either but that one in the photo looks really good on you!

I don''t know if this helps as an alternative, but I was reading a short article in a bridal magazine that said headbands are the ''new'' tiaras...

You can most definitely go without the tiara, as your dress and veil certainly are enough. However, if the princess in you really wants one, why not buy a cheapie as you suggested and put it on toward the middle of the reception. Not sure if you were planning to keep your veil on during the reception, but should you decide to remove it, you could replace it with the tiara, which might be fun...I dunno, just a thought.

As for Etsy, I am working with a vendor right now to design a custom ring for a garnet I bought. She told me that she accepts payment via paypal, so I think all you would have to do is reach out to the vendor regarding payment. I have a friend who has an Etsy store and she uses Paypal as well, however, the customer has to contact her to get the process going as she does not have an auto checkout feature. I bought a necklace from her site before and it was easy. Of course, it helps that she was a friend of mine, but she has sold to others like that and had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP