carat
color
clarity

Are you getting used to PS 2.0?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:
Kaleigh said:
I appreciate all the hard work that went into getting PS2 up and running. What I miss is being able to easily jump from Hangout, to RT, to SMTR and FH&H. It takes a lot to jump around.... I wish we could have that back, PS2 takes a lot of time, and when you don't have all day to be doing the jumping around, you just don't do it.

I have a mac and made each forum a bookmark.
I think on PCs they call them favorites.
One click and you're there.
Thank you, Kenny. Please post any other "Mac-tips" as I have only had mine a short time and computers are not my strong suit in the first place.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lisa. It is just a sense, though...

Kaleigh said:
I appreciate all the hard work that went into getting PS2 up and running. What I miss is being able to easily jump from Hangout, to RT, to SMTR and FH&H. It takes a lot to jump around.... I wish we could have that back, PS2 takes a lot of time, and when you don't have all day to be doing the jumping around, you just don't do it.

I haven't been to RT. I love RT. I haven't seen what's up in SMTR...

I think regular guy summed up what I am feeling...

I'd like to know how to comment on parts of your text.

I agree about the hard work.

But...going from section to section...I think I did figure out early (why was it hard to figure it out?) the headings work the same in PS2 as PS1. You can navigate the same way....starting by going up to the heading: Forum. Then the drop down. Then, to the specific forum.

I don't think you can any longer go to the bottom of a particular thread. But, I think you can get to the forums pretty similar as before.

I'm sympathetic to the commenter above who notes she is used to changing environments all the time. That is the survivor's way. I suspect a lot of people HAVE gone away, but maybe they''ll come back. And, maybe much of the primary functionality remains. We'll just see how long it takes me to figure it out, and if I make the time, etc.

P.S. Any idea why my google spell check won't work at home but does at work? I think I read there's a built in spell check somewhere. There's like a dozen page thread of things that have been figured out, but I've only gone through page 1 or two of it. Maybe an edited down version of "changes" and "notes" can be created and pinned.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you everyone for sharing your concerns and suggestions. We appreciate it!

Our goal is to make PS 2.0 better than PS 1.0. PS 1.0 has served us well for the last 10 years, but unfortunately the old platform was at its capacity and had to be retired. PS 2.0 will just take a little time to learn and you will be able to navigate it for your personal use. It’s only two weeks old, and we are working to improve it every day.

You’ll be seeing lots of questions raised like in Garry’s AGS thread, because we are trying to make the searches even more thorough and better than before by adding new features.

We’ve had several comments that people did not like the old version when we started, so we took the opportunity to make it better. For example, our goal with the diamond search function is to make it easy for newbies and powerful enough for advanced users. We have created one search area compared to the previous two areas by combining cut selections with the regular search.

Remember, this is a work in progress, and our team is dedicated to making Pricescope better for all users.

Again thank you for your support and patience!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still getting used to PS2 and I have to say that I haven't experienced that many substantive differences-other than the format. Of course, it's probably that I just don't know how to use the new features. I am thrilled that after a year and a half of being unable to subscribe to topics on PS1, the feature finally works for me on PS2. Yayyyyy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am slow to change but have found I like this version as well. Anything new just takes getting used to.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting used to it, though it's still really frustrating not to be able to read most of the posts on my older browser at work. However, I know that's something I will have to live with not just with PS but with other sites as well.

As I've gotten used to PS 2.0 the two things I miss most are 1) Being able to "hover" and see a snippet of a post's content in the "View New Posts" option and 2) being able to choose "View New Posts" within any forum instead of having to navigate all the way back to the main Forum page in order to do so.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sort of, but I think PS 1.0 was more fun because it seemed like there were more posters.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regular Guy said:
AGBF said:
Regular Guy said:
Hi, Deb,

I'm guessing the admin would like to be focused on content, and is taking a hit on presentation to get there.

This place feels like a "big suit," kind of blown up, and the close fitting seams of PS 1 has left. Hopefully, with a focus on content, the design will be less of an issue. We'll see.

I'm sorry, Ira, but I don't know what you mean. What do you mean by focusing on content versus presentation? I also don't understand the idea of a big suit or tight seams. I am sorry to be so dense, but I have been truly left behind by everything you said. Would you try again, please?

Deb
:read:

Projecting...

I'm intending to create a website. Really. I expect to pick up something off the shelf. This will not be ideally portable, but I don't expect to make the time to figure out creating web pages, etc. This follows a previous thread.

I talked about this with my wife. She's interested, too, and bought a book about building web pages.

I'm just guessing Andrey is now using something off the shelf, and fit the contents of Pricescope into it.

It had seemed before that things were there because they were there by design.

Now, it seems content is just squeezed in, which has it exploding on the scene.

Garry has a pinned a topic on finding AGS stones.

One has to wonder what it's all about.

The old search by cut template is gone. Maybe this is intended. Do folks know that when you leave n/a alone, HCA is not operative. Are we imputing HCA is not so helpful anymore, so we SHOULD search for AGS? The old option for identifying AGS is as ever present as it ever was, but now buried a level. And...where are the reflector pictures that are in such high regard?

I read a few selected things are improvements, which I haven't used, like including pictures.

Otherwise, primarily, I think the intent was to keep the heart of the content going, in an environment that is maybe off the shelf, not customized for PS particularly, that fits the content like a big suit.

Sorry, I've wanted to be positive, but am using the opportunity of your query to me, Deb, to speculate about what I'm seeing.
Hi Ira,
Douse the conspiracy theories.
We put HCA on more stones than before, and it is there as a default search now - so no need for the other search.
The AGS questions pertains to some rethinking based on the stones AGS do not give 0 to - that should still be worth considering. No agenda - a genuine question. You know me - I shoot straight.
But any and every suggestion is being taken seriously. We aint special!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Yo,

Garry, on HCA, OK, but consider returning to including the default with at least Excellent to Good.

But, yes, if this screens out many, advertisers may not like this.

What is the logic for doing an integrated inclusion of HCA?

Maybe either decision is reasonable, but this explanation is at least helpful.

Re AGS...I'll post new comments under your pinned thread...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am getting used to it but I do miss the old format. It felt more like home. I also miss the people that have stopped posting so hopefully they'll come back. I appreciate the hard work that the mods put in and I'm sure that I'll continue to get used to PS2.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bee* said:
I am getting used to it but I do miss the old format. It felt more like home. I also miss the people that have stopped posting so hopefully they'll come back. I appreciate the hard work that the mods put in and I'm sure that I'll continue to get used to PS2.

bee* said exactly what I was going to say. I do miss the old format much the same way I've missed my old neighborhood when I moved. I can only add that the only difficult thing for me to get used to is the new format for posting pictures, but I'm going to work on that before some of my new pieces are finished so I'll know what I'm doing. I do appreciate being able to post a few pics at a time. I think that was a great improvement.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so, new day, new glasses...

As the old saying goes, usage makes the heart grow fonder.

Unless PS2 is changing, it is then simply getting more familiar looking to me, which I regard as good news.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I am more used to it. It took some time, but I am nowused to it and on board so to speak. However I do still notice a significant drop in traffic ever since the switch. Particularly on some of the regular theads which is what kept me coming back. So this has actually made me visit less and less.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
janinegirly said:
I am more used to it. It took some time, but I am nowused to it and on board so to speak. However I do still notice a significant drop in traffic ever since the switch. Particularly on some of the regular theads which is what kept me coming back. So this has actually made me visit less and less.

Yes. Just hang in there and stay loyal. Things will change. They always do. Before you know it, hoardes of people will be posting again.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am getting used to it. I love the new picture functionalities, but I hate having separate "reply" and "quote" buttons. I also hit save quite a few times instead of post.

For navigating between the boards, I found it easier to edit the adress line manually than using the drop menu.

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
I don't quite like it yet. I was locked out of my original account and so I gave up and started a new one. That annoyed me.
Also, I hate how it doesn't automatically scroll to the last thread you were reading in the forum. You have to click down each time.
Lastly, the colors are funky to my eyes. I feel like I'm trying harder to read. Ok, I'm done =)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine said:
I always stayed logged in on the old one and do on the new one as well...never found any reason to log out.

Sabine -- The old PS didn't time out after a while? I would have to occasionally log back in if I stepped away for a bit.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Zoe said:
Sabine said:
I always stayed logged in on the old one and do on the new one as well...never found any reason to log out.

Sabine -- The old PS didn't time out after a while? I would have to occasionally log back in if I stepped away for a bit.

If, when you log in, you click on "keep me logged on" (or something to that effect), PS won't log you out. I haven't had to log in since PS rolled the new system.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I like the new sticky icon, and the new firey icons with use is active!

But...now...so many pages on the top sticky, to go through...(so I thought I'd bring this one up instead).

To find my posts, I go to my pages. They are I think broken up a) by forums, b) by the first part, authored by you, and c) not authored by you. Then, I think for each of these parts b & c, they're in order. But, now, no search function in either, right?

In queries made in PS1, there were lots of comments about improving searching. Now, can you search for anything? Used to be, in addition to the general search box, you could go to a search page, and specify a number of things, including: a) the author, b) dates a post would have been written in, c) forum the thread would have come from, d) search terms. Currently, none of these options are available, that I can see, and I haven't been able to pull up anything. Anybody else?

Thanks,

P.S. (Edited to add)...I actually was going to query admin about these things first, but now can't seem to see the place to go to, to query admin. I can report concern for a given post, but where else?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady said:
More or less, yes.

But, I sincerely dislike that I can't search through threads. Everytime I do a search, it searches through posts, and it becomes way too much to handle.

ITA. I'm not a fan of the new search. I can never find what I'm looking for.. It's better off to do a google search and add pricecope.com

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I really hate the hot topic icon. I try to read the posts and all my eyes do is go to the moving flame. Why do there have to be hot posts anyways? You can tell that they are by how many pages there are!

Everything else, though, is a great improvement!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Berryluv said:
I don't quite like it yet. I was locked out of my original account and so I gave up and started a new one. That annoyed me.
Also, I hate how it doesn't automatically scroll to the last thread you were reading in the forum. You have to click down each time.
Lastly, the colors are funky to my eyes. I feel like I'm trying harder to read. Ok, I'm done =)

If you email me I would be happy to help you get back into your old account.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain said:
Zoe said:
Sabine said:

If, when you log in, you click on "keep me logged on" (or something to that effect), PS won't log you out. I haven't had to log in since PS rolled the new system.

So, does this mean the little "online" and "offline" symbol is always on for most people?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I am getting used to it =) slowly! and i do hope the traffic pics up...

My two concerns are: the search function. As has already been mentioned you just cant find things. I've been on this forum for some time, but in the next 6months ill be finally looking for an EC - and i worry i cant find any of the threads about reading EC ASETS etc etc...

My other *wish* i guess is that i would like the advanced search feature to include length/width ratio - i find it difficult to search for ECs without it.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
When i logged on this morning all the threads are squished up? is this in response to people not liking scrolling?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I can't even remember what the old version looked like.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like how they changed it last night.
They squished away the wasted space in the threads last night so we don't have to scroll so much.

Also now you can more easily tell where the pinned threads stop.

HUGE improvement!

Thanks Ella and Andrey. :appl:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
I really like how they changed it last night.
They squished the threads last night so we don't have to scroll so much.

Also now you can more easily tell where the pinned threads stop.

HUGE improvement!

Thanks Ella and Andrey. :appl:

Ditto that!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I really don't like the new PS at all...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovethiswebsite said:
I really don't like the new PS at all...

Well then you'll have to change your name. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results