shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Asscher semi bezel split shank solitaire is done!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful, beautiful new setting (as well as the peace of mind that goes along with being done, lol!)! I love its graceful lines and it looks amazing with your Canera wedding band. Yellow gold is a lovely choice, always my favorite :)) .

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T|1304044194|2907642 said:
Amys Bling|1304043848|2907631 said:
well, congrats- it is stunning! I may have to seek you out and pick your brain on any upcoming projects I may have in the works... :naughty:

Amy!!! i love projects for others, of course anytime... wanna spill? :naughty:

Well I have 3 .2ish RB stones..... DBTY bracelet???? A 5.29 mm FLY OEC... ???? and a .60 tranny with approximately L-M-O in color. I have decided against rings... I love wt gold... But am definitely finding myself intrigued by yellow and rose gold... :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MrsSalvo, Baby Nurse, Lula - I am thrilled with the finish piece, the yellow gold does have this pink tone to it, but its not rose gold very subtle (my picture makes it look a little more rosey than real life). I love the high polish and curviness to the shank as well, I needed something a little more feminine to an already masculine semi bezel hence the curvy lines and airy open feeling of the split shank :))

Amy- well I do think Rose gold and white metal looks fabulous :appl: you could always bezel your diamonds in rose gold... but your piece could be predominently white metal or vice versa :naughty:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T|1304086971|2907900 said:
Thank you MrsSalvo, Baby Nurse, Lula - I am thrilled with the finish piece, the yellow gold does have this pink tone to it, but its not rose gold very subtle (my picture makes it look a little more rosey than real life). I love the high polish and curviness to the shank as well, I needed something a little more feminine to an already masculine semi bezel hence the curvy lines and airy open feeling of the split shank :))

Amy- well I do think Rose gold and white metal looks fabulous :appl: you could always bezel your diamonds in rose gold... but your piece could be predominently white metal or vice versa :naughty:

YES!!!! Love that idea!!!! I knew you would have a great idea! :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome DT!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful D&T, I love the setting and how well it complements your gorgeous stone! :love: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DT I'm so happy for you! It turned out exactly the way you wanted (which is fabulous) and it looks great with your band. Congrats honey!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the side profile of your new ring - we need more hand shots of the two rings together!

So glad you love this set - the ering setting is really unique and beautiful! :appl: :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MTG, Junebug, MissGotRocks nice to see you ladies, and for your kind words. I do love it, and its very *me*

Gypsy! awww glad to see you :wavey: The original ring/shank came with a round halo design with a trellis profile, I really loved that look as well. I thought about your asscher halo ring when I tried it on, but I knew this was more me ::)

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I love the smooth curves of this setting - very romantic but still strong and modern

(but I have to say, I loved quite a few of your former settings as well). ;-)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love loooooove it!!! And paired with your deeelicious band, too yummy!! :love: I love the colour of the gold too, it's awesome!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful and unique! I love it!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on yet another awesome reset, D&T!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

There's something about a nicely done bezel around an asscher that I just LOVE! And you've made it even better with the semi-bezel too! (I can't stop using exclamation points!)

It looks beautiful on your finger with your diamond band - and bonus points for your DH loving this reset the best! Your journey to this ring has been long and well-deserved! I haven't been around PS long enough to have seen all your revisions, but I feel like your tastes and attention to detail are things that I admire and can appreciate.

Wear your final set in the best of health! And I agree with everyone else that we need more PICS!!! I love love love :love: :love: :love: it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It's really lovely, D&T. Your latest set is one of my favorites of all the ones you've had (although I am still a teeny bit partial to the RB + Sholdt semi-bezel + bezel wedding band). I hope you enjoy this one for a long time!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
How lovely and unique! I love the design!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iota, Dandi, emeraldcrazed, kittybean, SandyandIaasac- you guys are so awesome, thank you for experiencing this journey with me ::)

Thank you all for your comments- i'm thrilled you get to see this all come to life and it really means so much to me :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asymons412 said:
How lovely and unique! I love the design!

thank you for the compliment and nice to have you on PS :wavey:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1304130311|2908398 said:
I also love the side profile of your new ring - we need more hand shots of the two rings together!

So glad you love this set - the ering setting is really unique and beautiful! :appl: :love:

Totally agree with this!!! The side profile is lovely! Side profile handshots please!!!!! :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What a great setting to showcase your beautiful asscher! Love the profile! You must just love having an unobstructed view of your stone! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amy, Ladies, I'll oblige to more pictures :cheeky:

sorry horrible hands :knockout: I just got done washing the dishes (forgot to take off the rings :-o ) and have not lotioned up :errrr:

Cachette, Thank you so much! I have always loved an open profile setting its very mesmerizing from either top or side view.

sideprofile%20001.jpg
sideprofile%20002.jpg
sideprofile%20003.jpg
sideprofile%20004.jpg
sideprofile.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WHEEE....more photos!!!! Love it!!!!

Lori

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an overused word, but it's "GORGEOUS!"

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lori, Motown-... 8)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it! What a stunning and unique set!! Enjoy it!!! :appl: :appl:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oohhhh, more pictures -- yay! D&T, I absolutely love this ring. It is beautiful from every angle, and I love the contrast between the modern, fluid lines of the e-ring with the vintage design of your wedding band. I'm not seeing how you can improve on this one, so maybe it's forever?

I wanted to ask, I think I remember you saying that you decided to work with a local jeweler this time around because it's easier to make decisions when you can see the ring design process in person. Did this help you choose the final design? Did you make many changes from the original concept to the wax to the finished piece?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani - sweetie thank you for your kind words!

Lula-I went through a few local jewelers to see their craftsmanships and designs. I almost resorted to going online again, but I finally hit the jackpot with Michael's Creative Jewelry and tried on soooo many different rings with different Flavor designed. I remembered what my inspiration collage looked like and wanted to evoke those same feelings so Emily pulled a number of different rings in front of me to pick apart the design that drew me to it. There were a few criteria that were 'must' haves (sometimes from the collage to actually seeing rings in person of what draws you in can be completely different imo so it really helped solidify my collage so to speak- otherwise I would have been back to the drawing board on creating a new collage based off of IRL ring experiences) which were strong lines /bar or semi bezel, solitaire with a "twist" in this case it was literal, and one huge factor that I never thought of when shopping online was the comfort feeling factor of a ring and many of the rings I've created online were not comfortable which began to bother me exponentially over time. I looked through my past sets to pick apart what went wrong with the piece. I really felt more at ease with my local jeweler in being able to see and feel the ring in person. The wax was pretty spot on the first time with the exception of the height was quite high as you can see from the wax, and all I had to say was 'please bring down the diamond a little bit', I didn't ask them to recreate the wax as I was confident my SA "knew" exactly what I wanted plus I was on a time crunch for an event I wanted to have my ring by.

So yes, it helped make my final decision when I went local, otherwise I would have stilled wavered on my decision and probably started second guessing myself had I gone online to try and recreate my "perfect ring" and probably while the custom piece was in production. I am 100% thrilled with the outcome and have no second thoughts :bigsmile: I am now looking forward to creating the perfect RHR anniversary present.

Part of me wished I could have turned the clock back three years ago bought the "right" diamond the first time put it in a temp setting so I can enjoy the diamond for a little bit made sure it was the right diamond shape for me, go around to my local jeweler and did what I did for this last reset. Instead I went full on buying the diamond, didn't see the diamond in person yet, built a custom piece around one ring I tried on that I "liked" not sure if I loved it at the time and the proportions were completely off because of my diamond size and when I received it, although beautiful, i was extremely disappointed in myself hence the cycle of upgrade and resets began. Honestly, having gone through so many resets and having the experience I did, I feel that I've become more aware of the pros and cons of online custom projects vs local and vice versa and the finer details that some dont' realize until its too late (there are some limitations and sometimes you have to go online to complete a piece due to limited competent jeweler in the area). Sorry Lula, I'm writing a novel here hope that helps :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe I didn't post in this thread earlier! I've definitely spent some time drooling over your photos, though, D&T!

I love your new ring. I really love the shot of the band from the side--the ring is substantial yet elegant, I feel that's a combination that so many strive to achieve in a setting.

Really, really wonderful ring, D&T! I love it!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Yes, D&T, your novel is very helpful! I am frustrated with the options available to me locally. There are a number of local jewelers that offer custom design, but they are all stuck in what I call the 1980's-1990's chunky-organic look. Everything looks so dated, and I'm not confident that they would have the skills to do something outside their comfort level. Working with the online vendors here offers so much more choice, but I am really bad at imagining how things will look (and feel, as you mention!) on my hand. So I haven't decided what to do for my re-set next year. Your jeweler did a wonderful job on this project.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven.. Thank you so much! Don't worry about not commenting earlier, it is great to hear from you and Thank you for you taking the time to stop in :wavey:

Lula- arrghh that is frustrating to not find a jeweler that has your similar design tastes. I was fortunate to have a few jeweler around me that specializes in modern designs. If online is the only option, I really feel strongly that you ask for wax piece so you can try on, even if it means paying a little extra for that service even though i know it delays the project some and a littl more costly(I wished more jeweler would do it and wished I had asked for something like this from the very beginning, I think GreenLakeJewelry does but I can't remember for certain) even taking pictures really can't tell you exactly how tall/short squatty something is on your hand and whether you'd be comfortable with the whole ring or if it "looks" good on you vs on some other model if that makes sense. I think you'll be fine ::) online, I just got a bit more pickier and more frustrated with the whole process the more I reset :???: and both DH and I had to finally come to a conclusion what needed to happen in order for me to be happy and this to be the last reset.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Took a while for me to comment, but that didn't mean I wasn't admiring your reset. Love the latest pictures posted...the open setting really does allow all its assher-ness to shine from all angles. The fluidity of the band is so graceful and modern. Love it paired with your new band as well. Yay for D&T! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results