shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful diamond bangle that has slack yet is small. Any ideas?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I will probably have to return it which saddens me. Tagging @GemView bc she has sized a bangle before. I bumped that old thread but sometimes when ppl see and old thread bumped they don't necessarily look at it so thought I would start anew.

It was supposed to be 5.75 but it is NOT. It's smaller than my child 5.5 bangle (which fits me but barely). It also has a curve so that contributes to the odd size I believe and the fact that it doesn't quite fit. Wondering if anyone thinks anything can be done to make it more comfy.

The stones are AMAZING. They look to be transitional. It's obviously an older piece. The price was great. It's solid feeling (11.7 grams for what is a tiny bracelet). I hate to return it for these reasons, but obviously my wrist isn't going to magically get smaller. :lol: Here are some vids and pics:

I wrote DK but wanted to hear from you guys as well.

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 190
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 19
I think this bangle can be sized, it just might be a PITA because it’ll likely have to be reshaped. They could insert a piece of metal in the bottom plain half (the way they resize rings that are too small) but the top half will have to be stretched out too and I’m not sure how to do that.

I wonder if it could be sized by chopping off the diamond part and welding it to a new bangle? That way they won’t bend/stress the settings, but there goes the good deal.

Do you think it would work if it were just hammered flat and more oval?

I wonder if it could be sized by chopping off the diamond part and welding it to a new bangle? That way they won’t bend/stress the settings, but there goes the good deal.

Exactly hahaha it no longer makes it cost-effective

I’m sure DK can figure out how to make it looser.

It actually kind of fits you…

Maybe he can pound it, or add a slight extension?

I’d buy it at that price too, and wear it proudly it’s incredible!! … if it went around my wrist!

Do you think it would work if it were just hammered flat and more oval?

Idk - the shape is so odd and that contributes to it not fitting properly.

I’m sure DK can figure out how to make it looser.

It actually kind of fits you…

Maybe he can pound it, or add a slight extension?

I’d buy it at that price too, and wear it proudly it’s incredible!! … if it went around my wrist!

That’s what is weird - it fits but doesn’t lol. The shape and curve contributes to the problem I think.

That’s what is weird - it fits but doesn’t lol. The shape and curve contributes to the problem I think.

Maybe I missed something, but are you sure that the "shape" is what it started out as? Could it have be bent somehow?

Maybe I missed something, but are you sure that the "shape" is what it started out as? Could it have be bent somehow?

The curve with the diamonds is definitely intentional, and I assumed the gold part also but perhaps not. But there aren’t any dents that I see in it.

ETA - here’s a similar design

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The curve with the diamonds is definitely intentional, and I assumed the gold part also but perhaps not. But there aren’t any dents that I see in it.

ETA - here’s a similar design

Interesting. I guess it's one of those pieces where measurement doesn't tell the whole story and it needs to be tried on.

I can't tell from the videos if that warp is a design element or the result of unintentional bending. It matters because it "wastes" some circumference such that, as others have said, flattening it will buy some additional wiggle-room. But I wouldn't just put it under a stack of encyclopedias. (Oof showing my age there -- that was the book-form of the internet except it was all true.) In case there is not a ready fix, I hate to point out what you already know -- that it is really lovely!

I’ve seen a couple more intentionally wavy bracelets from that time period. It was a style. Your’s is fabulous, I hope David can extend it just a little bit so you can enjoy those diamonds in platinum and warm colored gold.

I’ve seen a couple more intentionally wavy bracelets from that time period. It was a style. Your’s is fabulous, I hope David can extend it just a little bit so you can enjoy those diamonds in platinum and warm colored gold.

Thank you LightBright. I actually returned it :( David gave me a reasonable quote, but said it may still feel snug because of the top wavy part. I also experimented with tape - I opened the bangle and taped it together - and it gave me room but it still felt weird I think bc of the wave. So I didn't want to gamble on it not working even if David tried to fix it. If it dramatically decreases in price I might re-buy it (this will the 4th times it's returned lol so maybe it will go down).

Thank you LightBright. I actually returned it :( David gave me a reasonable quote, but said it may still feel snug because of the top wavy part. I also experimented with tape - I opened the bangle and taped it together - and it gave me room but it still felt weird I think bc of the wave. So I didn't want to gamble on it not working even if David tried to fix it. If it dramatically decreases in price I might re-buy it (this will the 4th times it's returned lol so maybe it will go down).

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the price drops! Hate that it was so close but not quite there for you :(

I'm guessing that the wavy part would just make it feel awkward for lack of a better word. And may still feel that way, no matter the size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results