shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Belated post - 10 year anniversary upgrade - 3.6ct M SI2 old mine cut cluster

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Before coming to PS, I didn't know that upgrades were a thing! My now hubby started off presenting me with a $10 ebay ring. I was really upset and for many years we worked towards an upgrade to a diamond ring.

Our 10 year anniversary happened at the start of COVID. We found this stone from Alex Park which was sitting there for a few weeks. Just our luck as his stuff sells like hot cakes. We decided on a simple yet intricate design with lots of engraving. It was perfect and came just in time for the birth of our first child.

Screenshot_20210306-172755_Gallery.jpg

Due to COVID and then pregnancy weight gain, DSS set in rather quickly. I had been planning a reset for the last two years however the jeweller that I was working with could not deliver. Thank goodness for David Klass who was able to get the melee stones back for me and was able to make this setting for me.

I can't believe this setting was two years in the making. This new suit and the centre stone go so well together. I've affectionately named him Helios or baby H which means sun because he's my little ray of sunshine who lights up my world - just like my son. Is it just a PS thing to name our rings?

For anyone interested in the specifics:
  • The centre stone is 3.6ct M SI2 old mine cut
  • The old cut melee are 1.44ctw and ~3mm
  • Total spread is 15.39mm
  • Ring size 8.25
The setting was inspired off an ErstWhile cluster ring.

IMG_20240716_065634.jpg

IMG_20240712_170949.jpg

IMG_20240714_020247.jpg

Last edited:

lala646

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, talk about coverage!! It's absolutely gorgeous! :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love!

Your patience has paid off in spades!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! What a fabulous setting for your stunning antique diamond.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you certainly caught up in time! Your ring is beautiful and I am so glad you were finally able to get your dream ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So gorgeous!! Would
Love more pictures!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo beautiful- LOVE all that bling!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty congrats! Would love to see more pictures of that side detail!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and those talon prongs reaching up to grasp that mile high crown are sumptuous.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
The chunk on Baby H is the stuff dreams are made of!!! I LOVE the new setting!!! I know exactly which Erstwhile ring you are talking about and David hit it right out of the park! ❤️

I know how hard it is to wait for something for so long…. I’m SO SO SO happy for you! Happy tears over here! Enjoy your new ring and post a hundred more pics for us!

Side note…. Perfect baby fingers :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I LOVE a big bold ring! Well worth the wait, enjoy!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is amazing! Made my heart skip a beat ❤️ Just beautiful

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly, talk about coverage!! It's absolutely gorgeous! :kiss2:

Thank you so much! I love how it turned out. It's 15.39mm compared to baby K which is 13.2mm. It's very impressive.

Love, love, love!

Your patience has paid off in spades!!!

Thank you. I know I feel really lucky now! Definitely making up for it that's for sure hehe.

Gorgeous! What a fabulous setting for your stunning antique diamond.

Thank you. This new setting showcases my diamond so much more than the previous one! I'm so glad I went with a cluster.

Well, you certainly caught up in time! Your ring is beautiful and I am so glad you were finally able to get your dream ring!

Thank you so much. It has been a dream for a while now. I know how lucky I am to have two beautiful children and two beautiful rings.

Wow! So gorgeous!! Would
Love more pictures!

Thank you so much. I'll try and take some more photos. The weather wasn't great in Melbourne. I'm going somewhere sunny so will definitely pull it out. I just hope my fingers don't swell too much so I can put it on.

Soooooo beautiful- LOVE all that bling!

Thank you so much!! I do love the bling but it is a little high maintenance for me haha all these prongs.

So cheerful.

Thank you so much. He's does bring me so much joy!

That is so pretty congrats! Would love to see more pictures of that side detail!

Thank you so much. And request noted haha I'll try and get some more photos of the side details for you. I'm having trouble uploading videos to Imgur so will have to take pictures hopefully tomorrow!

Lovely and those talon prongs reaching up to grasp that mile high crown are sumptuous.

I love the high crown on my diamond so much. I didn't know the prongs were going to go that high to be honest. But when I look down I don't see prongs at all, just a blinding disco ball hehehe.

The chunk on Baby H is the stuff dreams are made of!!! I LOVE the new setting!!! I know exactly which Erstwhile ring you are talking about and David hit it right out of the park! ❤️

I know how hard it is to wait for something for so long…. I’m SO SO SO happy for you! Happy tears over here! Enjoy your new ring and post a hundred more pics for us!

Side note…. Perfect baby fingers :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Haha I love this! Thank you so much. We have a very small circle haha, if you know the ring that I'm talking about then that thing has a massive chunkilicious crown. But I'm very happy with my modest but high crown haha.

I can't wait for you to get your ring too. It's not just the ring but I guess what it signifies. All the years and memories in your relationship and it's a milestone to be celebrated.

Hehe I'll try and get her to model some more. Maybe I'll ask my son to model one too lol.

Yes I LOVE a big bold ring! Well worth the wait, enjoy!

Thank you so much!! I'm really happy with it and wished I had it done sooner. If it weren't for the delays it should have been done two years ago.

Wow! That is amazing! Made my heart skip a beat ❤️ Just beautiful

Thank you so much. I really love it so much. I found before I wasn't reaching for it as much being in its solitaire setting but now it's definitely got presence and can hold his own.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Such sparkle, size, coverage & all round GLAM! The diamonds look as if they have always been together - it has a real antique vibe about it.

Would love to see LOTS of more pictures from EVERY angle!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! How did you decide on the mm size for the cluster stones?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Such sparkle, size, coverage & all round GLAM! The diamonds look as if they have always been together - it has a real antique vibe about it.

Would love to see LOTS of more pictures from EVERY angle!

Thank you so much. Definitely perfectly imperfect! All the side stones vary in sizes and tint and somehow it just works together. I'll try and get some photos in the morning!

Absolutely gorgeous! How did you decide on the mm size for the cluster stones?

I actually had 7 stones initially that I was intending to make a 7 stone band with. But I wouldn't have loved it as much as a cluster. The jeweller I was working with initially said I'd need a total of 12. So I sourced another 5 myself. That first jeweller didn't work out and DK had this setting made. Surprisingly the difference in tint between the melee aren't noticeable at all in real life.

99089-2.jpg OMC.JPG USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1650886957462_6924321769230714751.jpeg USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1650887225940_6924322895309575727.jpeg DK 99089-QUAD-2.jpg 99089.jpg 99089-4.jpg

Sorry somehow the pics uploaded in the wrong order! Hope you can make sense of it lol.

Attachments

• 99089-3.jpg
    99089-3.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 62

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04 congrats on a lovely reset! :kiss2:

The chonky melee is gorgeous - you mentioned they weren’t colour matched but you couldn’t tell the difference, just wondering what the colours were please?

Dr_Diesel

Brilliant_Rock
Before coming to PS, I didn't know that upgrades were a thing! My now hubby started off presenting me with a $10 ebay ring. I was really upset and for many years we worked towards an upgrade to a diamond ring.

Our 10 year anniversary happened at the start of COVID. We found this stone from Alex Park which was sitting there for a few weeks. Just our luck as his stuff sells like hot cakes. We decided on a simple yet intricate design with lots of engraving. It was perfect and came just in time for the birth of our first child.

Due to COVID and then pregnancy weight gain, DSS set in rather quickly. I had been planning a reset for the last two years however the jeweller that I was working with could not deliver. Thank goodness for David Klass who was able to get the melee stones back for me and was able to make this setting for me.

I can't believe this setting was two years in the making. This new suit and the centre stone go so well together. I've affectionately named him Helios or baby H which means sun because he's my little ray of sunshine who lights up my world - just like my son. Is it just a PS thing to name our rings?

• Ring size 8.25

IMG_20240716_065634.jpg

IMG_20240712_170949.jpg

IMG_20240714_020247.jpg

Now THAT is an upgrade!!! …and I’m so glad you kept that incredible OMC!!!

Congratulations!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04 congrats on a lovely reset! :kiss2:

The chonky melee is gorgeous - you mentioned they weren’t colour matched but you couldn’t tell the difference, just wondering what the colours were please?

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. So 7/12 that I got we're estimated as G/H. I sourced another 5 melee later and it's more tinted if you can see from DK's glamour shot. My centre stone is an M and does show warmth especially in the sun but the colour difference isn't that obvious.

Now THAT is an upgrade!!! …and I’m so glad you kept that incredible OMC!!!

Congratulations!

Haha it doesn't feel like an upgrade compared to my other rock and this setting kinda feels like it's cheating but I love it so much. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOw MJ, what a year you're having! Helios is off the charts spectacular!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an incredible upgrade and sparkle bomb!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof. That’s stunning! What a beautiful upgrade and I love her dress!! Gorgeous on you!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Totally gorgeous! And the pictures on baby's hand make my heart just sing.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
WOw MJ, what a year you're having! Helios is off the charts spectacular!!

Thank you so much haha yeah it's been quite a year. Although I've had this stone for a few years now, a new setting makes it feel brand new hehe. Baby H is a firebomb!

What an incredible upgrade and sparkle bomb!

Thank you so much! It feels like an upgrade x2 with the new setting.

Oof. That’s stunning! What a beautiful upgrade and I love her dress!! Gorgeous on you!!

Thank you! The new setting is beautiful! It was always meant to be a cluster ring.

Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!

Thank you! Helios is truly amazing.

Totally gorgeous! And the pictures on baby's hand make my heart just sing.

Thank you haha well she's claiming her inheritance early. The only issue with this ring is all the prongs and it's not very baby friendly and catches on everything. So she'll have to wait a few more years to wear it lol.

HS4S_2

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very beautiful! I would never get any work done!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
So very beautiful! I would never get any work done!

Haha thank you, I literally can't do anything wearing this ring either. I forgot how high maintenance prongs are especially when handling the kiddies and anything with material. It catches on everything!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

• Ring size 8.25

IMG_20240716_065634.jpg

IMG_20240712_170949.jpg

IMG_20240714_020247.jpg

Amazing! It is like the sun - warm & dazzling!!! I just love this so much and your precious little model is :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results