shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling DejaWiz and other experts to weigh-in...

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, the H&A lab diamond that looked so perfect...and after purchasing it from loosegrowndiamond...it's no longer available, nor is it's IGI twin...(they were both H&A, one number apart, same size, same specs)....SO....I'm moving on to a new stone... Wondering if this a good one... The price is right, as is the size to fit my existing shank... and it's currently on hold for me...so if you could lend your expert opinion as soon as possible, I'd really appreciate it. It falls on the 'line' of IGI Excellent in Cut Estimator...and .05 on the HCA (Ex, Ex, Ex, Very Good)...and 9.2 on StoneAlgo... Thoughts?

Also, my custom shank, which I love, currently houses a 10 mm moissanite. This stone is 9.93-9.98 mm. Will it fit okay into the setting?

Specs:
E, VS1, Ideal, Excellent, Excellent, No florescence, HPHT (IGI) Hearts & Arrows

Attachments

• Screenshot (6015).png
    Screenshot (6015).png
    194 KB · Views: 390
  • Screenshot (6016).png
    Screenshot (6016).png
    183.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot (6017).png
    Screenshot (6017).png
    179.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (6018).png
    Screenshot (6018).png
    190.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (6019).png
    Screenshot (6019).png
    190.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

facebookin

Rough_Rock
Just my amateur opinion, experts please weigh in, isn't PA 40.6 a bit too low for CA 34.1? For PA 34.1 Ideally CA 40.88?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do personally prefer a higher pavilion angle for a 34.1 crown angle, as facebookin mentioned, but this combo can work. The diamond looks nicely cut. Can you provide a picture of the side profile?

togal

Brilliant_Rock
I do personally prefer a higher pavilion angle for a 34.1 crown angle, as facebookin mentioned, but this combo can work. The diamond looks nicely cut. Can you provide a picture of the side profile?

Screenshot (6012).png

togal

Brilliant_Rock

Here it is. The price is really good...so I'm hoping it gets approval. I don't think there's any blue nuance that's of concern... Just hoping it sparkles and has crisp facets...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
T

The material looks great, no blue nuance at all.

There may be a little bit of extra darkness around some of the arrow tips that I'd watch out for, but otherwise it's definitely worth bringing home to view in person.

togal

Brilliant_Rock

I understand that there's 'perfection'...which we all want...and then there's the trade-off...price/quality... I'm hoping that to the naked-eye, this stone is a performer...but again, I'll wait for others to weigh-in. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, the H&A lab diamond that looked so perfect...and after purchasing it from loosegrowndiamond...it's no longer available, nor is it's IGI twin...(they were both H&A, one number apart, same size, same specs)....SO....I'm moving on to a new stone... Wondering if this a good one... The price is right, as is the size to fit my existing shank... and it's currently on hold for me...so if you could lend your expert opinion as soon as possible, I'd really appreciate it. It falls on the 'line' of IGI Excellent in Cut Estimator...and .05 on the HCA (Ex, Ex, Ex, Very Good)...and 9.2 on StoneAlgo... Thoughts?

Also, my custom shank, which I love, currently houses a 10 mm moissanite. This stone is 9.93-9.98 mm. Will it fit okay into the setting?

Specs:
E, VS1, Ideal, Excellent, Excellent, No florescence, HPHT (IGI) Hearts & Arrows

Screenshot (6012).png

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Any more thoughts on this stone?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The combo works if well cut.
Not at PC to study the images but if Kim says they are good then you have a solid answer.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
T

The material looks great, no blue nuance at all.

There may be a little bit of extra darkness around some of the arrow tips that I'd watch out for, but otherwise it's definitely worth bringing home to view in person.

Thanks for you input. What happens with the darkness around the arrow tips? I feel that I'd need a comparative 'perfect' stone to notice this potential darkness... Does that mean no light enters that area...(no sparkle, no scintillation, no brightness in that region?)... The only thing I could compare it to is my current moissanite...which I'm wondering if the actual diamond will pale in comparison with... The only thing I don't like about the moissanite is the double refraction...even with the H&A... There's a look that in some lighting, looks 'plastic-y'... Mind you, I paid around the same for the moissanite as the price of this lab diamond...

Attachments

• 436551259_1402786174458753_2425838250349734601_n.jpg
    436551259_1402786174458753_2425838250349734601_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 35

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input. What happens with the darkness around the arrow tips? I feel that I'd need a comparative 'perfect' stone to notice this potential darkness... Does that mean no light enters that area...(no sparkle, no scintillation, no brightness in that region?)... The only thing I could compare it to is my current moissanite...which I'm wondering if the actual diamond will pale in comparison with... The only thing I don't like about the moissanite is the double refraction...even with the H&A... There's a look that in some lighting, looks 'plastic-y'... Mind you, I paid around the same for the moissanite as the price of this lab diamond...

Don't mind my fingers... I have eczema

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
togal I know exactly what diamond this is ("93")...and it's very well cut. It's one that I've recommended to a few Redditors that have been on the hunt for 2.5-3.2 carat range and didn't want one bigger, but surprises me that it's still available because of the great price tag.
It's a heck of a bargain for the diameter and carat weight - don't even hesitate!

Last edited:

togal

Brilliant_Rock
togal I know exactly what diamond this is ("93")...and it's very well cut. It's one that I've recommended to a few Redditors that have been on the hunt for 2.5-3.2 carat range and didn't want one bigger, but surprises me that it's still available because of the great price tag.
It's a heck of a bargain for the diameter and carat weight - don't even hesitate!

With all due respect....are you a shill for the companies? I have no idea how it all works...but you must be getting some sort of a kick-back... That said, I purchased the stone...lol... Your sales tactics worked... Are you paid by the 'lab diamond network'?....whatever that is?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect....are you a shill for the companies? I have no idea how it all works...but you must be getting some sort of a kick-back... That said, I purchased the stone...lol... Your sales tactics worked... Are you paid by the 'lab diamond network'?....whatever that is?

What are you talking about? No. None of us are in the trade. If anyone here without a "trade" badge is found to shill they're instantly banned.

Deja literally spends their time helping people for free. And your response is to call them a shill/accuse of kickbacks? Seriously?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock

That’s not a respectful comment. I’m indignant on behalf of @DejaWiz.

@DejaWiz and @Kim N are our top experts here, and you’ve been disrespectful to both of them. For someone who’s been a PSer since 2006, I’m surprised you’re not more informed about who’s giving you their incredible free insight.

togal

Brilliant_Rock

@DejaWiz and @Kim N are our top experts here, and you’ve been disrespectful to both of them. For someone who’s been a PSer since 2006, I’m surprised you’re not more informed about who’s giving you their incredible free insight.

Wow...I didn't mean to be rude... I guess my comment came off that way. I really haven't been active on PS for many years and am brand new to lab diamonds. I guess 'shill' isn't the right word. Just, the in depth knowledge of inventory seemed surprising to me. I'm very grateful for all of the experts who have guided me and who take the time to assist people like myself. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I really did think that perhaps some were invested monetarily. I stand corrected. It's hard to know who's who and what's what in the wild west of internet these days...and perhaps I'm cynical and jaded...with a dash of skepticism and panarnoia thrown into the mix. Again, I meant no offense to anyone. No need for indignation... I'm just naive to it all. After weeks of looking at stones all across the various lab diamond portals, I'm dizzy trying to remember which is which and what is what...and my understanding is there are thousands upon thousands of stones in an ever evolving inventory...so when Deja knew the cert number of the stone...and was able to track down a a photo of a another stone I asked about, without giving a cert number, I had a dejawiz moment...lol... I am sorry, Deja...you are indeed a wiz and a bastion of knowledge....and likely deserve a 'finders' fee' for all the stones you've helped to sell... :)

Last edited:

togal

Brilliant_Rock
What are you talking about? No. None of us are in the trade. If anyone here without a "trade" badge is found to shill they're instantly banned.

Deja literally spends their time helping people for free. And your response is to call them a shill/accuse of kickbacks? Seriously?

It was a question, not a declarative statement. I've addressed my comments below... Relax... :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

LOL - nope, I earn so much as not a penny. This particular diamond has really stood out to me because of the price tag compared to other diamonds around the same 4Cs and when I saw the dimensions that you posted, I had to go confirm that it was the diamond that I suspected it was. And indeed, it was the same diamond - so glad that FINALLY someone scooped it up!
Please let us know what you think about it, as I'm curious to know how it looks and performs.
(no offense taken!)

togal

Brilliant_Rock
LOL - nope, I earn so much as not a penny. This particular diamond has really stood out to me because of the price tag compared to other diamonds around the same 4Cs and when I saw the dimensions that you posted, I had to go confirm that it was the diamond that I suspected it was. And indeed, it was the same diamond - so glad that FINALLY someone scooped it up!
Please let us know what you think about it, as I'm curious to know how it looks and performs.
(no offense taken!)

I knew that you, the actual recipient of my message, would take my comment in the spirit in which it was written... ;-) ... I'm curious too, to see how I like this diamond... Hoping that this time, it's actually mine...(order's still 'processing')... My only concern is that it sits right on the cusp of the GIA cut estimator... I'm obsessively particular...but budget conscious,... Hoping that it at least out-sparkles my moissy... I have two diamonds coming within the next week or so...one set in a halo ring, so I'll be able to, at least, compare the two diamonds against one another... Hoping to keep them both... Both rate well by your eye...and through the various cut estimators available online...so let's see... I was bummed out that the other H&A wasn't available after I purchased it...but the price was, frankly, too good to be true...and now on StoneAlgo, the estimated price jumped by $2K from the time I purchased it...thus my cynicism with the process... Hoping it all works out.. :)

togal

Brilliant_Rock

And to add...my question was legit... I'm sure many others wonder the same thing...and unless you're a veteran, continual user of this site, it definitely sets-up a question for the person who's expending thousands of dollars and looking for impartial advice... Rather than a reactive response of indignation, a more tempered, understanding, and informative approach might be a better option, to set-up legitimacy. Just a thought... :)AND, people...many people, DO profit from being on Pricescope...so let's not pretend.... The diamond industry is BIG business... and, as I recall, PriceScope awards members, incrementally, who rack-up posts/advice, with gift certificates...or at least they used to, back in the earlier days when I was more active on this site...It's not a 'cult' with leaders...it's an open forum...where everyone should be able to ask a simple question in order to ascertain who the 'advice-giver' is...so that we're not blindly trusting... So relax...take a chill-pill...and maybe stop stomping on those who dare to question... :)

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
No one has been paid to be on Pricescope answering questions, everyone who is answering diamond/gem related questions here is a volunteer and does not work in the industry.

We take accusations of shilling very seriously as they compromise the integrity of Pricescope, the one place to get diamond advice online from fellow consumers with such strict rules. Please do not make accusations about shilling unless you have solid evidence that someone is working in the trade and if that’s the case, please do let us know so we can keep the forum free from bias.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
This place sucks... I'd rather have nails shoved up my finger tips than deal with this crap. Enjoy.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This place sucks... I'd rather have nails shoved up my finger tips than deal with this crap. Enjoy.

Couple deep breaths, please - everything is good, togal. Water under the bridge.

togal

Brilliant_Rock

togal

Brilliant_Rock
No one has been paid to be on Pricescope answering questions, everyone who is answering diamond/gem related questions here is a volunteer and does not work in the industry.

We take accusations of shilling very seriously as they compromise the integrity of Pricescope, the one place to get diamond advice online from fellow consumers with such strict rules. Please do not make accusations about shilling unless you have solid evidence that someone is working in the trade and if that’s the case, please do let us know so we can keep the forum free from bias.

It was a clear question… NOT an accusation

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I give free medical advice, too.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
yeah...I give all kinds of free advice too...most of which no one wants...lol... No idea how this place works... I don't think I'm suited for public forums... Clearly, I don't know how to play in the sandbox... I'm gonna toddle off, with my plastic bucket and my plastic shovel...and edumacate myself on blue nuance...crown and pavilion angles...and be on my merry way... :) Sorry I kicked up the sand... I didn't realize how tight this group is...and fiercely defensive...
Enjoy

togal

Brilliant_Rock

Ella, it was a question...and a light-hearted one at that... I purchased the stone that DejaWiz endorsed upon my asking...so all is right with the world. So much fuss made over something, to my mind, that is relatively minor. The short answer to all of this was exactly what DejaWiz responded with. If others had just let this person respond, rather than jumping on the 'protective' band-wagon, then all would have been solved...and others, who may have also wondered, would have an answer... I feel that people should be allowed to ask questions without getting jumped on... It's a little over-the-top for 'newbies'...even though I'm an 'oldbie'... There's an old saying that goes: "Trust No One"...and, to my mind, it's not a criminal offense to ask questions. I don't think I was rude....but I certainly was apologetic. I didn't come here to create issues...only to to seek advice...and I sought clarity on whom was giving the advice...which apparently was offensive to this community (or to the ones who took offence)... The 'mob mentality' is a little heavy-handed. Again, I rarely post here, so I don't really understand the nuances of the culture. And that's the last I'll say on this. Steam officially blown-off... :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results