shape
carat
color
clarity

Cameo drop earrings

milo89

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased these cameo drop earrings from a thrift store that are 9ct gold (they are stamped) and have screw backs. I haven’t been able to find anything similar online and wondered whether they are a common find or not and are they valuable ?DA0F6D41-9605-440A-B3BB-C530B369DACD.jpegDA0F6D41-9605-440A-B3BB-C530B369DACD.jpeg4AEAD6D5-B7BD-4DDE-94A4-3814C40B6FEF.jpeg

Oh, I love cameos! Yours are quite nice, certainly a lot nicer than most cameo earrings I’ve seen. Do you happen to know anything about their age? (I’m a history nerd, yes :lol: and curious as a cat to boot!) I love the fact that they dangle. So elegant!

To answer your question: the value of a cameo is firstly in the carving, then in the frame/mount. I’ve seen earrings similar to yours varying wildly in value, so I’m not going to say any numbers, because I don’t want to be very very off in my estimates.

What I would suggest is to browse sold ebay items or etsy to see what other sell for, maybe that will help to get an idea of their value.

Oh, I love cameos! Yours are quite nice, certainly a lot nicer than most cameo earrings I’ve seen. Do you happen to know anything about their age? (I’m a history nerd, yes :lol: and curious as a cat to boot!) I love the fact that they dangle. So elegant!

To answer your question: the value of a cameo is firstly in the carving, then in the frame/mount. I’ve seen earrings similar to yours varying wildly in value, so I’m not going to say any numbers, because I don’t want to be very very off in my estimates.

What I would suggest is to browse sold ebay items or etsy to see what other sell for, maybe that will help to get an idea of their value.

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about their age and I have looked on eBay and Etsy and not found anything similar I think I may take them to a jewellery shop to get some information about them

The following 9ct screw back earrings sold for $78 on ebay. This may give you some idea as to what a buyer will pay.

1723551620483.png

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP