shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get a little dust for finding my lost jewelry.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Gah. That's too much to even contemplate! DUST DUST DUST for a speedy retrieval!!!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When checking dresser drawers, remove the entire drawer from the chest if possible. I have lost (and found) so many things that got wedged behind the drawer. Assuming that no one has come in and stolen your case, you must have tucked it away in a safe place. I can never remember my "safe places" because I'm usually thinking about a million other things as I tuck away. But the location is in your memory, you just have to retrieve it! I've had some success with relaxing and thinking of the object, what does it look like, what does it feel like, etc., until the place pops into my brain. Once it even came to me in a dream after I fell asleep thinking about it. It's in your memory -- seek out a hypnotist if you have to! Good luck and dust, dust..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dreamt about your jewellery roll last night Gypsy! You found it safe and sound - it'd rolled off the bathroom counter behind the waste basket - is that possible IRL?

The good news is that unless you've taken it somewhere recently it's still in the house, so no worrying you lost it on the subway home, at least!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
OMG.

What are you girls doing to me?

My poor heart can't take this.

I'm sending a truckload, no a 747 planeload of dust your way gypsy.

I've made my special prayer for finding things for you. Don't laugh, but it has never failed me (I'm trying it out for the first time for someone else!)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh gypsy...I cannot even imagine. DUST DUST DUST your way.

hoping to come back later today with a good update from you.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
oh dear... LOTS of dust coming your way... you will find it!! please keep us updated!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1308762641|2952062 said:
I dreamt about your jewellery roll last night Gypsy! You found it safe and sound - it'd rolled off the bathroom counter behind the waste basket - is that possible IRL?

Not a bad idea. Ugh, this thread makes me cringe - so much prettiness lost! I hope you find it soon.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hope you find it, Gypsy. Way too much prettiness to lose Lots of dust...Any update?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I'm SO SORRY!!! I'm verklempt because I lost just a pair of 20 ct. white topaz earrings. You must be absolutely nauseous. Sending tons of dust your way..... I hope to hear soon that you found it.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I know how you must feel- panic stricken!!! :-o . My method, FWIW, is to sort through every room in the house. Just keep saying to yourself, " The jewelry wrap is too big to be lost; I've just misplaced it". Think of all your 'hiding places' and ...pray.

Jewelry finding dust is on its way ****
*************************************** DUST!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
fairy%20dust.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
diamond dust for you!you are living my worst nightmare!but when i loose jewelry it always finds its way home.Yours will too!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noooo!!! I'm so sorry to hear this gypsy, sending a ton of dust and many positive jewelry -finding thoughts your way - keep looking in every conceivable nook and cranny, and look numerous times. Good luck and keep us posted if you can.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Tons and tons of dust coming your way, Gypsy! St. Anthony very seldom fails me. Turn an empty glass upside down and say, "Tony, Tony, please come 'round; there's something lost that needs to be found."

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I have a few more off the wall suggestions... You have a cat as your avatar, so I'm assuming you have (a) pet/pets? Do you have a dog? Is it possible that they "hid" it?

Have you had any children over lately? My step-brother, who is 12 years younger than myself, had a habit of "borrowing" jewelry when he was 7 or 8. He swiped my emerald ring once, another time he took his mom's engagement ring to school :errrr:.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
behind the cushions of the couch
under the mattress
in the laundry
sock drawer;
pantry, behind the little debbie cakes
tool room->toolbox mistaken for a roll of tools

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh geez.... dust, dust, DUST!!!

i know this feeling all too well, and it isn't fun. is there any chance your DH mistook it for something other than a jewelry roll and put it somewhere? in your excitement over having all of your pieces nicely organized and together, could you have tried putting it somewhere *interesting* or *nifty* (luggage, lingerie drawer, closet shelf, unused purse, etc.) to test it out?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
any luck????

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no gypsy... :(sad DUST DUST DUST your way :!:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
lots of dust coming your way! have you checked on your bookshelf, in that small space above the books? i sometimes shove things up there so the cats can't get to them.. then i forget about it.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry!

Our couch is a recliner couch; it has a hunger for small shiny objects (keys, phones, change, you name it). When we lose something, one flips the couch backwards, and the other looks on the floor underneath.

Check windowsills, silverware drawers...

Good luck! Sending lots of dust your way!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry Gypsy, it will turn up (sending you lots of dust and prayers anyway). I lost my James Meyer ring at the end of Jan, turned the house upside down over the course of a week and eventually found it in my underwear drawer. It's happened with a couple of other pieces of jewelry and they both turned up as well.

I hope iLander sees this thread-- she's really good at picking up vibes about lost beloved items.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust to you...I "lost" my YG charm bracelet during a move once...didn't find it for a year! I finally found it in a plastic three-drawer bin that I kept my craft stuff in. Who knows why I put it there? :rolleyes: Sometimes I do ridiculous things like that. You will find your jewelry, probably in some crazy place you can't remember getting into for ages.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you tons of dust my dear Gypsy.... It's got to be lost in the house... I think you had this happen before?? I am thinking bureau or closet.... I hope you find it soon... And when going through drawers... Sift through everything... That roll could get caught up in something, thus you wouldn't notice it....

Next time you hide something.... Make a file with a code name... Just something like roll is ... ##########

I am so sorry and pray you find it soon.. Big hugs my friend.. xo

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
((((gypsy))))
I'm so sorry :( I hope you find it soon! Breathe! Sending my dust and glows and vibes your way!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - Where are you? did you check the bathroom?!?!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
any news? LOts of dust your way Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are amazing.

I haven't found the jewelry roll yet. My housekeeper was here today and we were both looking high and low for it together (she's very trustworthy). So... I am starting to think it is really gone. Which is enough to give me a migraine just thinking about it.

BUT I do have some good news.

I think all the dust you guys sent my way did help a lot. We found my Odds and Ends necklace and I remembered that the last time I pulled out the jewelry roll I grabbed this necklace to wear instead of leaving it in the roll and then that night I put it in my bedside drawer instead of putting it away in the roll cause I was feeling lazy. So that's a HUGE piece of good news, as it was my most expensive piece that I hadn't had time to take to get appraised (and therefore it wasn't listed on my policy).

So thank you guys for the dust because I at least have that necklace now.

I've searched over under and in every piece of furniture in the house. My drawers (although not in one closet, now that I think about it, I will look there too) have been pulled out and examined. No trash has left without being searched through, One car has been searched and I will get the other today. All the bathrooms have been checked and rechecked by both hubby and the housekeeper.

The last time I was actively holding it we had guests over who are getting married later this year and who wanted advice on some jewelry... so I pulled mine out to show them the difference in metals (platinum and white gold, 18K and 14K etc.) and then I left it out on one of the end tables. At least I thought I did. I don't remember putting it someplace "safe" (i.e. never to be seen again) but I suppose it is possible.

The refrigerator has also been checked and Clairetek is coming over tonight to help me hunt some more. Finger crossed cause she says she's feeling lucky.

Your outpouring of empathy and advice has been keeping me sane. I really am riding the edge of panic a bit. I don't WANT to replace my pieces. Especially not my engagement ring. Damn it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you called your guest and asked her if she has seen it? Maybe there was an honest mistake (like her husband thought it was hers and put it in her purse?) and somehow it is with them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too patient, they are hubby's friends so I am asking him to give them a call and let them know it's missing and ask them if they remembered me putting it someplace particular. I am hoping if they did accidentally walk out with it, this will jog their memory.

We're invited to their wedding and they are a great couple, I can't imagine that they'd do anything except maybe as an accident.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results