shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you rec me a good princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinggold

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

We are having the makers mark ''precious'' engagement ring made (well a copy of) and are having some trouble with the main stone.

We went to a jeweller and he sourced a stone for us but since we have discovered that is it not a great deal.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy loose diamonds? and what do I look for?

I am based in Melbourne, Australia.

e.g. I have found this online @ diamondexchange, is this a good diamond? its priced at $AU2268

Carat 0.63
Colour E
Clarity VVS2
Total Depth 81.00
Pavilion Depth 0.00
Table 71.00
Dimensions 4.71*4.48*3.63
Crown Angle 0.00
Pavilion Angle 0.00
Girdle M-STK
Culet NO
Fluorescence N
Lustre
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Cut
Report GIA

or this one for $AU2,130.00 ?

Carat 0.63
Colour F
Clarity VS1
Total Depth 69.60
Pavilion Depth 58.20
Table 72.30
Dimensions 4.9*4.78*1.02
Crown Angle 43.50
Pavilion Angle 57.20
Girdle 2.3
Culet NN
Fluorescence None
Lustre VG
Polish EX
Symmetry GD
Cut ICE VG
Report MGR*

The problem with princess stones is that they really need to be seen to know if they are any good. Does this vendor provide pictures?

If no pictures, I would try to find a princess graded by AGS that scores a "0" for light performance. That will ensure that you get a well cut stone with great optics.

okay, thanks for the reply ! I have no idea if they supply photos but I can email and enquiry. What would I look for in the photo???

Date: 12/8/2008 10:12:43 PM
Author: lovinggold
okay, thanks for the reply ! I have no idea if they supply photos but I can email and enquiry. What would I look for in the photo???

While you are at it ask for an ASET image, it''ll tell you much more than a photo. With photos you want to look for a nice pattern, no blurry facets, etc. But an ASET is MUCH better.

Great ! Thank you, I will do this.

Garry Holloway is a very well respected PS member and runs a business in Melbourne:
http://www.hollowaydiamonds.com.au/

I'm not sure if he deals in princesses or just rounds, but he could probably get you started.

ETA: Sorry, he's in Victoria, not Melbourne. Contact info is here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP