shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t decide on a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For inspiration for wedding bands - have a look at the US Tiffany site and under the jewellery dropdown menu on the top, scroll ''all the way down'' to Wedding bands.

Some very nice examples - which is where the one I posted is from.

Just bear in mind you''re likely to get bigger or smaller with age so perhaps the potential for resizing is a good idea. The other caveat of course is if you can''t resize your ring, it''s an excuse to ask for an upgrade!

It becomes a matter of personal preference at the end of the day. The starlight band is gorgeous but I''m just a fan of the channel set :razz: Then again, I''m biased as I did post picture of the Tiffany 3mm channel set :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ebree,

I really like either the Starlight band or the plain platinum one. The Starlight band is super delicate and sparkly, and I am also a big fan of the plain bands with a solitaire- so classic and pretty! Maybe you should get both!!
2.gif

ps- Which website is the pic of the plain band from? I really like it...perfect size, and I love its rounded shank....
2.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, the Starlight band is beautiful. I think EP does it in rose gold also, Yes?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I love your ring! It''s so beautiful on it''s own! I know I will be the odd one out here, but I definately like the plain platinum high polish band. The ones with diamonds are pretty also, but I feel it would take away from the beauty of your e-ring. I wore a diamond band with my e-ring for some time, then changed to a 2mm plain band. I just cant get over how much larger my e-ring looks without the diamond band! Although I still wear it the other way occasionally, I by far like the plain band best. Sometimes less is more, but again, it depends on what YOU like best. Good luck choosing!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going against the grain here, but I'm voting for #1.

I think if you can find a very pretty carved ring with milgrain, it will look very unique with your ring and stand on it's own. You could even get some dainty milgrain or engraving on your prongs (see attached pic with yellow stone) to make it a very unique "set", but not matchy-matchy!

forPSer.jpg

Brilliant_Rock
EBREE!! Did you get to go see the Starlight at Servis and Taylor?
9.gif
I am so excited that you might get to see it this way!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that starlight band...
3.gif

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
definately the starlight band.

I bought a replica of it and I love it. Wish that I had put some better quality stones in mine though even though they are tiny. Hmm, maybe I still could...!

E B

Ideal_Rock

I DID see them yesterday, thank you so much for recommending the place! I wouldn't have known it existed (or carried Etienne) without your post.

But about the bands...so delicate and beautiful. Because they were all satin finish (and the smallest width they had was 3mm) it was hard to tell exactly what it'd look like, but as of now, a starlight band is my #1 choice.

The only thing that concerned me, however, was how light the band she called platinum was. I love the heft of platinum, and perhaps she was confused, but the ring she billed as platinum felt as light as the gold. She said it was because the profile was low (which I also LOVED), but I don't know.

Hmm.

Fisiogrl, I'd love to see pictures of your band, if you have them!

And thank you to everyone else for the compliments and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results