shape
carat
color
clarity

Cecile Raley Design Contest Winners

I love both of these designs so much! You both did a fabulous job! :kiss2:

Thank you all so much for your kind responses! It was fun to be chosen and to work with Yvonne. She is great and knows her stuff!
But I also have to thank @strawrose for all the support and encouragement behind the scenes! It was great having you to share with!:kiss2:

Thank you all so much for your kind responses! It was fun to be chosen and to work with Yvonne. She is great and knows her stuff!
But I also have to thank @strawrose for all the support and encouragement behind the scenes! It was great having you to share with!:kiss2:

You were great to me, too! :kiss2:

Congratulations to both of you @strawrose and @CHRISTY-DANIELLE ! Both your designs are lovely and the rings turned out beautiful!

Both of these rings are amazing! I'm always impressed by the hidden talents of PSers. :-) I'm sure that these designs will generate some gorgeous rings from CRD!

Beautiful designs and finished rings, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

@strawrose and @CHRISTY-DANIELLE I agree with all your other admirers here that you both have a great design sense. Both designs are beautiful and distinctive. Your rings fit nicely into Yvonne’s collection. Now I need to find some 9x7 ovals!!

Thanks for this post with all the cad shots and other insider details

You both picked out attractive color palettes and I am sure to use in the future.

Hi everyone,

It’s been an adventure! CRD had a design contest for her new ring. She said there were many entries that were lovely. We ended up having two winners, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and me. Tbh, I already wanted to buy Christy’s ring the moment I saw it. :lol-2:

Here was my process. Christy will post hers, too.

1F752AD1-50F3-4E5C-A885-63D3EF29A391.jpeg

This was the first draft I made. There were other designs, but those went into the trash. I wanted an Art Deco inspired ring that would fit into Yvonne’s style aesthetic.

1496A152-2355-4C92-A1B1-0C44A89B99B7.jpeg
This was the final draft that went to Yvonne. I was so happy when she chose mine. =)2 I won a design contest... once before.

They asked for a side profile description, but drawing it was much easier.

4B78E9ED-CBAA-41A7-9916-FA1E273D1939.jpeg

I was worried that the scaling would make this very difficult, since it fit an 8x6 mm oval. They somehow made things work with a little tweak.
We decided to go with this color combination. At first, I thought about using tsavorite melee, but many friends voted “no.” :lol-2:

3E3590AC-B212-4651-91C3-4B0CFAB0B10F.jpeg

Then the ring was ready! She named it Josephine.

E540CEDC-EF38-4F1C-A5FF-BBE9220A9D08.jpeg

A2376F9D-ECCB-4939-957F-691009A99F70.jpeg

Stay tuned for @CHRISTY-DANIELLE ! Her ring is gorgeous!

Love it! Yvonne's stuff is always terrific.

Thank you so much! Here is the second iteration that I got with an unheated sapphire, Jedi spinel and diamonds:

IMG_2617.jpegIMG_2628.jpeg

Holy shit! What a fantastic combo!! Adding those vibrant Jedi spinel was an inspired touch. Bravo!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP