shape
carat
color
clarity

cut advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeauGeste

Rough_Rock
I am new to diamonds but have learned a lot here. The one thing I''m least sure about is cut. For instance at bluenile.com they have Signature Ideal, Ideal, Very Good etc. In stores, I''ve seen things called Perfectly Ideal. Are these the same? Is there a standard term for the perfect cut? In whatever way people are ''measuring'' cut, should I go with the top one since it is the most important feature of the diamond?

thanks

there''s no standard. You just have to learn what each store considers ideal.

Date: 12/13/2008 7:21:27 PM
Author: JulieN
there''s no standard. You just have to learn what each store considers ideal.
or, more realistically, knowing that what Julie says is true...that different vendors and even agencies call ideal something different...develop your own understanding of what you want (easy to make the more conservative definition of AGS, for example, yours), and apply it to the data given for any diamond, anywhere.

But, Pricescope favored vendors can help you cipher the info, too. Read the tutorial here to help you get started.

Welcome to Pricescope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP