shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass OEC

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I like it! I agree with dreamer that there might be minor obstruction issues, but the petals don't all go dark at once, which is one of my requirements for an OEC.

Really appreciate your input! I'm going to move forward with setting it. Would really welcome your input and that of others who are familiar with the CAD process. Will start a new thread for that. Thank you in advance. This engagement ring remake has been a WHOLE process of discovery.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really appreciate your input! I'm going to move forward with setting it. Would really welcome your input and that of others who are familiar with the CAD process. Will start a new thread for that. Thank you in advance. This engagement ring remake has been a WHOLE process of discovery.

I also think it's a certain style of OEC that folks either like or dislike. I personally like it, but I like more "modern" old cuts (closer to transitional) vs "true" OECs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for pointing it out. I see it now. It's not something my untrained eye was noticing. I'm going to accept it and move forward with setting. I really appreciate your input.

I think it will be lovely in person and I’m glad you have found something you love. It’s very hard to find well cut true antiques, and these modern versions are also very hard to find. I like the large culet and distinct petals in the center on this one. It is also showing some dispersion which is nice. It has a pleasing personality, which matters a lot.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning…can’t wait to see how it looks when you design the setting!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, but, i love this mock antique style in general. I am picky about my mock antiques, and this one is the one I gravitate to. I personally desire this facet shape.

I had my first "OEC" cut using proportions from an actual 'true antique' OEC and it has 3 'petals' that go dark at once at a certain angle. So does the real antique earth mined. It doesnt bother me, and i look at and take constant pics of my diamond.

Some like this 'new' mock antique cut and some dont (CLEARLY I do... lol)... the great thing is we can all choose what we love, and if you dont like it dont get it. All that matters is you love it. My 3 re-cuts bring me joy and happiness every time i look at them, I marvel at them when i am walking, driving and sitting in my office. It makes me happy, and it's mine, and it cost an amount I was willing to pay, so thats a win all around in my book!

If you feel the same, you love it, it's a price you're comfortable paying, then who cares if it's not a 'true oec', obviously it's not since it's a lab and brand new, so call it whatever you want, as long as you love it, and it sounds like you do, thats what is important. I cant wait to see it set!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I love it, but, i love this mock antique style in general. I am picky about my mock antiques, and this one is the one I gravitate to. I personally desire this facet shape.

I had my first "OEC" cut using proportions from an actual 'true antique' OEC and it has 3 'petals' that go dark at once at a certain angle. So does the real antique earth mined. It doesnt bother me, and i look at and take constant pics of my diamond.

Some like this 'new' mock antique cut and some dont (CLEARLY I do... lol)... the great thing is we can all choose what we love, and if you dont like it dont get it. All that matters is you love it. My 3 re-cuts bring me joy and happiness every time i look at them, I marvel at them when i am walking, driving and sitting in my office. It makes me happy, and it's mine, and it cost an amount I was willing to pay, so thats a win all around in my book!

If you feel the same, you love it, it's a price you're comfortable paying, then who cares if it's not a 'true oec', obviously it's not since it's a lab and brand new, so call it whatever you want, as long as you love it, and it sounds like you do, thats what is important. I cant wait to see it set!

Thank you for your thoughts!! I do LOVE the Mock antique look. It's lovely and so unique. I'm sure OEC's like this are rarely spotted in the wild. And mine will be one! I'm thrilled. The updated CAD is here and I'm so excited!!+!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
The updated CAD is here!!! :dance::appl::appl: I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!! Can the experts please help me look at it. I am debating some delicate milgrain. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Is there anything that seems off in the CAD? I did ask for the metal around the two side french cuts to be made more round and less sharp. Don't think that's reflected. Is this as low as this ring can go? I wanted it to be set low. Any other design recommendations?

Do the pair of French Cuts next to the center diamond look proportionate? Should they be bigger Ha ha!!

How thick should the band be on the ring? I was hoping for something thinner. Is 2.03 considered thin or thick? I'm also debating having the band be yellow gold and the basket and top platinum. DK 105141-QUAD-3.jpg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
IMHO the band is thin compared to the center stone. You might like larger French cuts better.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
IMHO the band is thin compared to the center stone. You might like larger French cuts better.
The band on my last engagement ring was 2.5 cm and it felt thick to me. So this is good to know. Does it seem like the fench cuts on the band taper smaller? It looks that way to me and I don't think I like that. But also unsure if that would then affect the band's thickness level if they did not taper. Attaching the inspiration photo. Screenshot_20240730_090935_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240712_222456_Chrome.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results