shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone else have trouble picking a song for the First Dance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello everyone,
I am soo relieved to find out that I am not the only person having issues with this. All of your responses totally cracked me up.

Elrohwen Queen: After this morning I am in a weird mood and when I read that you were looking into Queen songs I automatically thought of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Doodle: Otis Redding is totally awesome. I actually forgot about him so you have inspired me to look him up on Itunes.

Elmorton: I can''t believe you have been listening to music for 3 months. That is dedication.
3.gif
I have only been looking for about a week (with my procrastinating nature) and it has been driving me crazy. I just off the phone with my FI and he says, "Pick whatever you want". I know him well enough to where if I were to pick a song he didn''t like, he would make a face and it would annoy me even more. I firmly told him no, you have to help me pick a song.

sunnyd: Don''t worry you will find a song. I am blanking and can''t even think of a song appropriate for a "rocker". If I come up with anything I will definitely throw the idea your way.

tlh: That is an awesome story. I don''t think I would want to pay extra either for a band to learn a song.

meresal: I feel ya sister. Luckily I get to pick most of the music for the reception. There are only a few songs my FI is requesting have to be played.

Kelli and leeNY: Yeah for procastinators. We should start a support group or something.

Blair138: I love your strangling icon idea. Too funny.

Date: 4/3/2009 10:50:20 PM
Author: honey22
Date: 4/3/2009 9:33:03 PM

Author: missjaxon

My FI and I will be getting married after almost 11 years together and we have decided on the song ''At last'' originally performed by Etta James, but we prefer the Beyonce version. I just love the lines ''and here we are in heaven, for you are mine.....at last'' it has gotten a lot of attention lately as it has been applied to President Obama, but I feel it relates to us perfectly as well.
9.gif

Here are the lyrics for anyone who may not be familiar, even though it is quite popular
2.gif

At last, my love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Oh, yeah, at last

The skies above are blue

My heart was wrapped up in clovers

The night I looked at you

I found a dream that I could speak to

A dream that I can call my own

I found a thrill to rest my cheek to

A thrill that I have never known

Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile

Oh, and then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

For you are mine

At last

36.gif
36.gif
Missjaxon! This is our first dance too!
36.gif
FI and I will have been together for 13 years when we are married (no ladies, that''s not a type
2.gif
) and I am obsessed with this song. And that line is my favorite too!! Every time I hear that song (I play it all the time on my Ipod in the car) and I can just imagine us dancing together.

I have chosen to go with the original Eta James version, as much as I love Joss Stone''s version, it doesn''t have the perfect violin part that the original does, it makes all the difference to me as I used to play the violin
1.gif

haha that is so great!! I listen to it all the time too and have the mental pictures of us dancing and having a special moment too! haha I can really get choked up thinking about it. It fits so perfectly I just LOVE IT! haha

I won!! We decided on "Unforgettable" as our first dance song. Soo excited. YEAH!!!
36.gif

I love unforgetable - such a beautiful song!

Ok, this may not be what you''re thinking of AT ALL, but here''s one idea. My FI also loves some metal, although he is very open to other music. He played a CD for me, and it was the first time I ever actually enjoyed Metallica''s music. A group called Apocalyptica plays Metallica music on string instruments. Its actually tolerable. Check them out on youtube, you might actually be able to use a song he likes in a more listener friendly style.

That being said, our first dance song is "For my Wedding" by Don Henley

Okay, whoops, I clearly came late to the party! Congratulations on "Unforgettable"! Its a wonderful song!

D and I are going out ten years a month after our wedding so I know what you mean about having lots of memories with different songs but not having one in particular. We decided to go with Moon River as it''s a song that we both love plus it''s not too long either so we won''t be up there for ages.

We had a tough time b/c we never had a "song" or anything like that, but about 6 mos before the wedding, we took an engagement trip (to celebrate!) and I made a playlist of several that I thought would be good and the one we kept coming back to was the one we chose. It was Seal''s "Wedding Day" that we sung with wife Heidi Klum (they sung it together at a recent VS fashion show). Sounds kind of cliche, I know, but it''s a really great song and different and we got lots of compliments, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP