shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you lose friends...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I also live in a very liberal area right now, so most of my friends voted for everything I did. I do sometimes miss some of my conservative friends from college though (I''m mostly pretty liberal) - they were really smart and we had some great debates. I think it really helps to understand why you believe what you believe if you have to defend the logic and reasoning behind your beliefs to someone smart with different views.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
no, didn''t lose friends but had a somewhat heated discussion with one. Her political views are polar opposite from mine and she kept sending me anti- my candidate emails, did you read this about him, etc.. I had told her I didn''t want to talk about politics because I knew the convo. would end badly. Finally I just told her I wasn''t going to change my mind so don''t bother sending me any more info. bashing my candidate. Then she got upset saying she wasn''t trying to change my mind, just wanted to exchange info. This is why I don''t discuss it with friends unless I know they are of the same political persuasion as myself. Too much headache!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
NOt any real friends. But I was corresponding via email with someone I had met on a forum and I swear the second I mentioned whom I was voting for, she stopped writing back. So I kind of get where you are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results