shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you stalk bling you can't afford/buy?

Yes, I love window shopping. I think it is fun to explore what is out there. I LOVE looking at Ruby rings. Will I ever be able to afford a pigeon blood Ruby ring? Nope but I enjoy the search. That is why I love this forum, besides all of you beautiful people. I enjoy seeing all of your gorgeous baubles.

This is a phrase I've not heard before, but boy, is it spot on. You are very wise.

i cant take credit for it im afraid
i heard in here on PS first
but it is so true
when we brought our house and moved town i had to board back in the town i worked in as i waited for a transfer (Othat never came)
my friend had a beautiful big two storried house
we had an old fixer upper ex state house
but we had moved from windy wet Wellington to sunny calm Wanganui, from a one bedroom over priced rented flat into a 4 bedroom house on a flat section with a double garage, the morgage still being less than rent
it took be a few months once i was home full time to fall back in love with our house
i think the same can be said for bling
one has to at least try to love what they have

I can see that in our lives we like to dream, and sometimes dream big. It's been years, but I remember reading on a forum where a very nice lady wanted a pricey Tahitian pearl necklace. Years ago it was over 10K. She needed a couch because her couch was in bad shape and she got advice to buy the necklace. She could not afford both. I felt so bad for her because I thought she would regret the purchase of the necklace. For her, IMHO the item was not attainable without "suffering" for it. If you can attain what you want and not suffer I see no down side in buying what you long for. It may not be the best financial move but if the bills are paid, there is an emergency fund, then IMHO go buy it.

I often browse for fun without any intention of buying. I actually find it calming. Probably makes me extra weird but I set myself little challenges like, "the prettiest asscher you csn find for under 3k" or, "the smallest table round that still looks like an ideal RB". It's just a hobby to window shop, and something I genuinely enjoy doing when I'd otherwise just be randomly scrolling FB/IG.

This is me. I love window shopping--and sometimes it turns to buying. But mostly it is fun--and a stress release. I really love to look at what the world is buying and selling--I find it fascinating. I don't have to own it to appreciate the process.

No, I just stalk animals I want in our family but cannot :lol:

#truth #animals #adoptdontshop #savealife #rescue #bestoffamily

yes and with thousands if not million of jewllery lovers like me critiquing your every choice
in my defence clothes, shoes and bags arnt my thing
i do feel a bit sorry for those who are not married to the heir, like Sophie and durring her time also Sarah, they do not have the same access to the jewels nor do their husbands have the same kind of wealth as those in the direct line of succession, poor Fergie was given such a hard time constantly compaired to Diana, and im thinking just like regular men, royal men really have no real idea of what nice appropreate outfits cost, Fergie was a navy wife
but as we say comparrsison is the robber of joy and i dont think Sophie has the love for jewllery that say Queen Maxima has
And then you have the English tabloids pricing out everything you wear down to your lippy and nail polish -actually another good reason not to wear named brands (looking at you Queen Camila even if all that VC&A were gifts from your own family)
Or you have to be like the Queen of Spian and really pare back your look and leave all the good stuff in the vault so as not to stir up trouble in harder finacial times by just wearing earrings
it must be a mind field
i must say i would rather they all wore the priceless treasures in their respectful vaults than go out and buy new high street or worse overpriced costume jewlerry that to me seems a waste of money when you have the good stuff back at home (Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands and the Princess of Wales all do this)
i just want to see more brooches !
i miss the late Queens' brooches and seeing which one she wore to church

Good grief, cannot imagine having royal jewels and not wearing them.

Incidentally I have been screenshotting a lot of things lately.:lol: Some of the items that I post in the “odd stones” thread, I would purchase if I had unlimited funds.

No, I just stalk animals I want in our family but cannot :lol:

#truth #animals #adoptdontshop #savealife #rescue #bestoffamily

i would like an alligator

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP