shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you tip the jeweler?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My fiance bought my engagement ring from a jeweler in Chicago. We then ordered our wedding rings through him. Since we come from out of town the jeweler has been kind to be flexible with his schedule. On Monday we are meeting him for the last time to pick up our rings. My fiance wants to know if we should do a little something/give a tip to the jeweler. We were planning on meeting him at a martini bar since the actual store he works for closes before we can get there and is locked down after hours. We were going to buy his drink but should we do more?

Our jeweler bent over backwards to fix my set when we had to have it resized, resetted and the center stone setted. We didn''t tip him at all. I''ve never heard of such a thing (which doesn''t mean it doesn''t happen).

Instead, we sent him a nice letter of our appreciation and assurance that we would be back in the future!! (And we will!) He called us with sincere gratitude and appreciation in return...

I''d be interested to hear what others would do...

Date: 6/16/2005 12:22:59 PM
Author: Feydakin
A new car would be nice
2.gif
9.gif

I think buying him a drink & paying him for services rendered are enough. You are his client. I doubt whether jewelers expect a tip. It speaks well of him that you thought of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP