shape
carat
color
clarity

do you wear makeup daily?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wear foundation, blush, and mascara to class. If I''m at work, out on the weekend, or meeting up with friends I''ll wear a bit more. But, I don''t look good with heavy eye make up or anything.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 7:18:29 AM
Author: bee*
Nope I only wear make-up if I''m going on a night out. I''m a college student and it wastes valuable sleeping time having to get up and put it on.

complete ditto.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wear makeup when I work my nursing job, but not when I go to our personal business office. I will wear makeup when I go "out" out, but not usually to the grocery store or similar type errands.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Only if we''re going out for supper or something. I work from home and the only person who sees me is the cat so you know *shrugs*

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing but some tinted moisturizer to add some warmth. I prefer to show my natural skin - I don''t see why women should hide under a layer of makeup or accutuate this or that. We should all love our skin, flaws and all. My hubby thinks makeup is unnatural. If interviewing, I only use a concealer and a dab of lip gloss.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I do. Usually. I have a five min (probably a little less actually) routine and it just makes me feel better all around.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I only wear make-up when I leave the house. I like letting my skin breathe as much as possible!

Most days all I wear is tinted moisturizer and powdered foundation. I use a light bronzer as blush if I''m having a pale skin day. If I''m going somewhere special I''ll add mascara and lipstick. I have naturally dark eyelids so I have a really hard time finding eyeshadow that works for me.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I feel SOOOO much better with make-up on. I''m pretty blah without it. That''s not to say I wear a ton of it, but I almost always have some one whenever I''m out of the house. For teaching dance it''s just tinted moisturizer, blush, and mascara. I have very little color in my face and without it the kids always ask me if I''m not feelng well. For going out, I LOVE make-up. I don''t cake it on, but I have a good time dolling myself up. I love smoky eyes and slightly shimmery highlighting powder, as well as thick mascara and glossy lips.

Sunday is family day, the only time my face is REALLY naked:)

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I rarely wear makeup. Fancy occasions only.

Some of my students told me that they were watching a slide show from the hippy days in history class and that this one woman looked exactly like me. I figure it''s the no makeup and brush my hair and go look. If I parted my hair down the middle I''d be spot on.

DH made this big deal about me wearing makeup once in college, about how he didn''t think it added anything. He seems to have a real revulsion for too much makeup. I was like, chill dude, I wear makeup maybe four times a year. I wouldn''t stop wearing it just because DH doesn''t like it, but I just don''t think about it most days. I''m an INTJ; it''s not usually on the top of my priority list. My diamonds are my adornment!

Salix

Rough_Rock
I probably haven''t let anyone see me completely bare faced since I was 13!

I regularly use concealer, brow powder, blush and mascara before leaving the house. Those 5 min in front of the mirror make me so much more confident facing the day.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Usually the most I wear is mascara, but I usually forget to do that. If I remember and put some time into myself though I''ll put on Neutrogena translucent oil-control powder and mascara, maybe some eyeshadow. I try to wear the Neutrogena though because then my skin doesn''t look as oily. I feel silly when I try to wear foundation though.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I do wear makeup everyday but I have three different "styles" I wear. If I'm just lounging around the house then I will put some lip gloss, blush and mascara on (I always want to look good for my FI). If I'm going out shopping and/or to have lunch with my FI or girlfriends I will wear everything but very much toned down. Now if I'm going to a charity or "red carpet" type event (or perhaps a night out with my friends) then I'll go all out.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear light foundation every day. I have uneven skin tone so I feel a lot better and more confident when it''s evened out.

Nothing else otherwise, unless I''m going out. Then I love to play around with eye makeup. I love it.

I NEVER wear lipstick. It looks awful on me.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I wear at least foundation, eyeliner, and usually a light eye shadow every day unless I know for sure that I''m not leaving the house, or am only leaving to go to the gym. I can get away with just foundation if I need to.

The one big exception was the summer I worked as a lifeguard. I was so tan that I actually felt like I didn''t need foundation and felt fine leaving the house without any! I''d love to be able to look like that again!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am lucky to have near perfect skin so all I wear is lipstick or gloss.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear makeup every day, but only because I am unprincipled and lazy. I do feel much better with eyeliner, mascara, and a little cream blush which I wear maybe twice a week. I''ve been using Retin-A for almost over a year (I don''t have acne; it''s purely for aesthetic reasons), so I wear sunscreen, but not foundation.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
golly! if i had better skin, i''d slap some sunscreen on and go.
but, i don''t. so my routine goes something like this... tinted moisturizer with spf, mac foundation [lightly during the day, heavy if going somewhere special], bronzer [darn pale skin], blush, mascara + lip gloss.
sometimes i''ll do shadow. i definitely do if i''m going out somewhere special.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:28:24 PM
Author: cellentani
I don''t wear makeup every day, but only because I am unprincipled and lazy. I do feel much better with eyeliner, mascara, and a little cream blush which I wear maybe twice a week. I''ve been using Retin-A for almost over a year (I don''t have acne; it''s purely for aesthetic reasons), so I wear sunscreen, but not foundation.

would you mind elaborating more on the retain-a deal? you''ve peaked my interest
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I wear mascara and lipstick to work every day. Just mascara and lipgloss when I''m going into town to run errands, shoppiing etc.

When I''m going out in the evenings I wear mascara, lipstick, and facepowder - and sometimes some eyeshadow and eyeliner.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for sharing ladies. :) i''ve been working at the same place since i graduated from college, so i''ve felt like i never really slipped into wearing makeup for my job. as a result, most people still think i''m IN college
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:29:49 PM
Author: ficklefaye
thanks for sharing ladies. :) i''ve been working at the same place since i graduated from college, so i''ve felt like i never really slipped into wearing makeup for my job. as a result, most people still think i''m IN college
7.gif
It only means that you look young - trust me, that''s a good thing when you are as old as me.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t wear makeup for years but started wearing it again over a year ago. I usually wear foundation and blush and mascara. Sometimes I wear eye shadow. Occasionally on the weekend I won''t wear any makeup.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m lazy so I don''t wear make-up at all. I don''t even know how to put on foundation so I don''t even try
33.gif
Plus, I have stubby Asian eyelashes so mascaras are wasted on my lashes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:38:14 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 3/22/2009 8:28:24 PM
Author: cellentani
I don't wear makeup every day, but only because I am unprincipled and lazy. I do feel much better with eyeliner, mascara, and a little cream blush which I wear maybe twice a week. I've been using Retin-A for almost over a year (I don't have acne; it's purely for aesthetic reasons), so I wear sunscreen, but not foundation.

would you mind elaborating more on the retain-a deal? you've peaked my interest
9.gif
Jcrow, I use Retain A because I have acne. My insurance company didn't want to pay for it because they thought I was using it for fine lines (cosmetic reasons) not acne; my doctor confirmed it was for acne though. I do notice that it softens fine likes on my face. I think Retin A and Renova are the only proven cream/gel that helps soften wrinkles or reverse the signs of aging. I am guessing that is what cellentaini is alluding to maybe?
2.gif

I use to wear make up in my early 20's and then realized in my late 20's I could get away with not wearing too much make up. Now that I am in my early 30's I am lazy; I just wear lipstick and eyeliner. I have dark eyelashes so I don't need mascara unless I am going out to a party then I will wear foundation and mascara.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wear makeup whenever I leave the house or am exposing anyone but FI or my immediate family to my face. I used to wear less, but since I''ve been struggling with acne recently, I wear foundation daily. I also wear concealer, eyeliner, and bronzer or blush. When I''m going out in the evening, I''ll add eyeshadow and mascara.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own about 7 pounds of the stuff, and I wear it maybe once a month.
7.gif
I wish I could wear it more, but it looks weird with sweats...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:36:47 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Date: 3/22/2009 7:18:29 AM

Author: bee*

Nope I only wear make-up if I''m going on a night out. I''m a college student and it wastes valuable sleeping time having to get up and put it on.

complete ditto.

Thritto! If I''m going to be speaking at an event, going to a work or a meeting, doing a presentation, etc..time to call in some foundation, eye shadow, powder, maybe some blush, and some lip gloss/lipstick. Photos? Even heavier foundation and some eyeliner. But if I''m only going to class..it''s some concealer and/or powder if needed and some lip gloss/lipstick or just chapstick. If it takes more than like 5 minutes..I don''t have time for it on most days.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dont wear a lot of makeup to begin with... but I MUST WEAR MASCARA... I even wear it when I am running races! My DH laughs at me- asking why I would put it on just so it could run down my face... but ah-ha... that is where waterproof comes in handy. Yes I am a dork - but I feel like I look like a little kid w/o make-up on!
emembarrassed.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I never wear makeup. I have FI convinced that I''m a natural beauty but the truth is I''m just too lazy.

I did try to be more of an adult and apply some makeup on but as soon as I did, everyone noticed. I had comments like "are you wearing eyeliner?" in the middle of a meeting so I just stopped lol

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Hell no. I hate make-up
14.gif

The only thing I do every morning is curl my eyelashes and gloss my lips...it makes me feel pretty LOL.

When I have to gussy up, I''ll wear some mascara and eyeshadow and maybe some foundation powder w/ blush. I love how I look with makeup, just not applying it. I''m seriously dangerous with any type of makeup pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results