shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald + OEC in an Antique-Inspired Setting

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My emerald ring/band [Bing? Rand? When does a ring go into band territory and vice versa?] from DK has arrived and I am so happy!

This emerald was sent to me by JR and off it went to DK.
IMG_7950.jpeg

I decided to set the emerald E-W vs N-S for more finger coverage, and asked DK to source some OECs for the setting. Sent him some inspo photos, wanting a more antique/romantic look (and itty bitty claws), and he sent me the design:
IMG_6141.png

I asked for advice on the side stones (and almost got my PS card revoked...ahem @Dreamer_D :lol:). Once we decided to go with the 4.5mm sides (vs 3.7mm), it was just a waiting game.

Stats:
Platinum setting by DKJ
1.40 ct cushion-cut Colombian Emerald from JR Colombian
0.65 ctw old European cut diamond side stones (G/VS) [I noticed one has faint fluo and the other has medium fluo!]

Here are photos from DK:
IMG_8067.jpg IMG_8066.jpg IMG_8065.jpg IMG_8064.jpg

Here are my photos (excuse my weird hand shots, my fingers are all cut/scratched up due to a fight with packing boxes :twisted2:):
IMG_8037.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg

Outside:
IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8069.jpg

Neon glow!
IMG_7886.jpg

This ring has turned my love for emeralds (and itty bitty DK claws) into a straight-up obsession! :mrgreen:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's gorgeous from the color to the OECs and setting! Congrats!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: It’s fab-u-lous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lurve it.

lala646

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. That color!! So glad you went with the larger stones. They're a perfect fit!!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Wowza. Love it so much!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I always have a weak spot for LUSH emerald!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thud!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
My emerald ring/band [Bing? Rand? When does a ring go into band territory and vice versa?] from DK has arrived and I am so happy!

This emerald was sent to me by JR and off it went to DK.
IMG_7950.jpeg

I decided to set the emerald E-W vs N-S for more finger coverage, and asked DK to source some OECs for the setting. Sent him some inspo photos, wanting a more antique/romantic look (and itty bitty claws), and he sent me the design:
IMG_6141.png

I asked for advice on the side stones (and almost got my PS card revoked...ahem @Dreamer_D :lol:). Once we decided to go with the 4.5mm sides (vs 3.7mm), it was just a waiting game.

Stats:
Platinum setting by DKJ
1.40 ct cushion-cut Colombian Emerald from JR Colombian
0.65 ctw old European cut diamond side stones (G/VS) [I noticed one has faint fluo and the other has medium fluo!]

Here are photos from DK:
IMG_8067.jpg IMG_8066.jpg IMG_8065.jpg IMG_8064.jpg

Here are my photos (excuse my weird hand shots, my fingers are all cut/scratched up due to a fight with packing boxes :twisted2:):
IMG_8037.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg

Outside:
IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8069.jpg

Neon glow!
IMG_7886.jpg

This ring has turned my love for emeralds (and itty bitty DK claws) into a straight-up obsession! :mrgreen:

WOW

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Give. I need it. Mmhm, you know you want to.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is amazing and the green glow of the emerald! Now I get it haha why everyone is drawn to them. Enjoy your beautiful ring and please post more pics!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowsa! Gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s gorgeous!!! Love!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flipping gorgeous in EVERY way, from the colour to the diamonds to the setting & those CLAWS!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am drooling on my keyboard over here.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I mean the stones are amazing but that setting?! So swoopy and spiky, it's amazing! The design is really special. Did you have inspiration settings?

Bit nervous about your band - those diamonds look look like they might press and rub and eat the prongs of your beautiful new ring, although it's slightly difficult to tell from the top view... Do you need a spacer? :think:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@Eli22 This ring is divine and looks so wearable! I really love how delicate the proportions are.

Emeralds are so hard to photograph, and buy online… did you ask JR for something in particular? Did you select it from their online inventory? Was there a color target? I’ve been wanting an emerald ring forever but get stuck on finding the stone to start with.

How did you land on OECs for sides? Do they complement the cushion facets best? Personal preference? I’m an MRB girl (only bc they are objectively “easier” to buy in terms of cut) and would default to them unless that’s a bad idea with an emerald or a cushion.

I really respect your fearlessness. Your collection has grown with such unique pieces while I still ponder one. Thanks for any advice!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness…getting off a very long flight and being greeted with all these wonderful messages. THANK YOU everyone! I just wanted to acknowledge how honored I am with everyone’s feedback! :love:

I will make sure to reply to everyone properly as soon as I get some time - will be on an another plane/car/boat journey in a bit. Have an amazing Friday/weekend!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG GORGEOUS!! I also have a recent JR emerald purchase in a DK setting that I am obsessed with!!

I LOVE your emerald, it positively GLOWS! Gorgeous! Enjoy it!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That glow is otherworldly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results