shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I am just laughing because the whole chicken sacrafice for magic......is now a tasty meal you can do at home...

Mandarine-

Your posts have got me laughing out loud here in the office! If this chicken works for you, I''ll try it! I hate touching raw meat, though, and would have NO idea where to start. Plus, I probably don''t even have a pan that would hold a chicken because I never cook. But, well, thanks for testing it out! Hope the magic of the chicken, the wishbone, and the Halloween glow work their magic!

Mandarine you are too cute! I hope it works!
28.gif

What a great thread! I sure hope it works Mandarine!

This chicken is really annoying me. It sounded so good so I decided to try and make it. Well, it''s taking a whole lot longer than it says to get up to an acceptable temperature and I''m hungry! It''s 8:30 here. Maybe there''s something wrong with my oven or meat thermometer...

I hear ya....mine took like two hours!....but I knew this was bound to happen so I started making it way early.

I kept turning it every so often so I think every time I did that I lost all the heat from the oven!.

It was worth the wait though
2.gif

I''m being a bit of a copy cat since your rosemary and garlic addition sounded really tastey
18.gif
. I added some butter also. I mixed up some butter, rosemary and garlic and spread it under the skin. I saw them do something like that on take home chef one time and I''ve wanted to try it since.

I''ve got to say, I was pretty grossed out with the whole giblets thing. This is the first whole chicken I''ve ever made, but I watched my mom do it when I was younger and I swear they came in a little baggie or something. FI laughed at me when I told him that. Yuck to giblets.

haha the giblets ARE disgusting!!!!!!!!!!
38.gif
I only went through it because of the magic of the engagement chicken (because I need some higher powers)!!!...hehe...just kidding
2.gif
!...

I've made cornish hens before and the giblets did come in a little baggy. I thought maybe this time I didn't get a baggy because I bought organic chicken instead of conventional...who knows....but the cleaning of it was not pleasant at all!!!

Butter sounds yummy too!. Near the end of the cooking time I brushed a little butter on the top so it would brown nicely
18.gif

Oh and I did add a little bit of chicken broth at the beginning because it looked like the bottom was burning a little bit!.

Ok, so I changed the entire recipe...hahaha....I'm not a very good witch
4.gif
. So the magic chicken might not work, but like I said before...I did get the bigger side of the wishbone
2.gif

M~

It''s a good thing I''m already engaged because my chicken didn''t even have a wishbone! And I really didn''t like it at all. At least FI liked it, but when I asked him if it would''ve made him propose if we weren''t already engaged he wasn''t sure. I think this recipe was just too complicated for me. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results