shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Shopping - Tiffany & Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Forgive me for not having manicured hands. hahaha. This is on my pinky

20080524_07.JPG

with natural light

20080524_10.JPG

this one is a little blurry

20080524_12.JPG

last one

20080524_06.JPG

It''s absolutely stunning!! She''ll be so thrilled. Do you have any idea when you''re going to propose?

Date: 5/24/2008 6:36:00 PM
Author: bee*
It''s absolutely stunning!! She''ll be so thrilled. Do you have any idea when you''re going to propose?
Not until later in the year, if I am able to keep it a secret that long! I think August might be the time though.

What a gorgeous ring! I really love it! I hope you don''t make her wait until August to have that beautiful ring!
2.gif

Date: 5/24/2008 7:12:15 PM
Author: ringshopper2008
Date: 5/24/2008 6:36:00 PM

Not until later in the year, if I am able to keep it a secret that long! I think August might be the time though.

That''s so exciting! August will be hear before you know it!

It''s beautiful! Congratualtions, and good luck with popping the question! How can she not be blown away?

Awesome photos! Yay Im happy you finally have it!! Congratulations. It looks gorgeous. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first photo of it on your pinky finger. Very good photo!
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you for sharing with us! And I am so happy you ended up with the perfect ring for her. She will be so happy when you propose!!!
30.gif

That cut advisor thing from the main pricescope page only gave my diamond a "fair" rating. Said it has a thick girdle. Oh well. Or is that only for round stones?

Factor - Grade
Light Return - Good
Fire - Fair
Scintillation - Fair
Spread or diameter for weight - Fair
Total Visual Performance 6.6 - Fair

Shape - Square Cushion
Cut - Brilliant
Color Grade - H
Flourescence - Medium Blue
Precision of Cut - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Clarity - VS1
Total Depth % - 67.5%
Table Size % - 64%
Crown Height % - 16.3%
Crown Angle - 37.9
Pavilion Depth % - 47.8%
Pavilion Angle - 42
Girdle Thickness - Medium to Thick
Girdle Finish - Faceted
Culet - None

That''s only for Round Brilliants.

It''s absolutely stunning!!! Love it, she''ll be thrilled.
30.gif
30.gif

Wow!!! Really gorgeous! Can''t wait to see more pics later on!!! Congrats!
36.gif

Date: 5/28/2008 7:52:36 PM
That''s only for Round Brilliants.
Ditto! The cut advisor won''t work for your stone. It is totally gorgeous! No worries about cut on that stone!

Yeah, that wouldn''t be accurate on this stone. Well anyhow, I think it''s perfect!
30.gif

Stunning ring!! Why are you planning to wait until August?

Date: 5/30/2008 5:53:23 PM
Author: Addy
We are getting our 1st apartment together, and I want to do it the night we move in together.

It''s beautiful!

OHMYGOODNESS! I just stumbled upon this thread today. How exciting for you! What a sublime stone and setting and what a wonderful journey you had picking out your FF''s Novo. I agree, there really is no substitute for that setting! It''s magical how you can see the pavilion without a basket getting in the way. Magnificent!
36.gif

Gorgeous ring! I love the novo. Congrats and good luck with the proposal!
30.gif

It''s Gorgeous!! Best Wishes for your proposal, I''m sure she will be THRILLED!

Date: 5/30/2008 7:13:13 PM

We are getting our 1st apartment together, and I want to do it the night we move in together.

Awww. That is so sweet. I bet she will literally fall off her chair!

Beautiful ring!!!! I don''t think words can decribe how thrilled she will be.

Date: 6/13/2008 10:04:28 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/30/2008 7:13:13 PM

Awww. That is so sweet. I bet she will literally fall off her chair!
Well, i think that this idea may have been spoiled. Last night she kept prodding, and kept asking "have you bought a ring? will you buy a ring? when are you going to? when''s it going to happen? before next year? did you buy a ring?" etc etc etc which i think is annoying, considering that i told her i want it to be a surprise... I didn''t answer any of the questions for that reason.
Anyway, then she started naming days when she ''wouldnt want it to happen'' - which i also found annoying.
So she started listing the weekends when she has a lot going on, and then threw out "oh and dont do it the night we''re moving, i''ll be sweaty from moving all day, and tired, that''s the last thing i''ll want to have happen that night".
38.gif

The whole conversation just disappointed me, 1st of course because she guessed at and shot down my idea (without me ever saying a word about it), and 2nd because it''s almost like she wants to just plan the whole thing out herself. Maybe she should propose to herself and leave me out of it.
10.gif

I might still do it that night, but who knows now.

Unreal. I''ll bet she''s been snooping in your stuff and saw an email, receipt, credit card statement or something.

I must really be getting old because I don''t understand this thing now where these girls orchestrate their own "proposals". I''ve been married 22 years and as I recall, it was supposed to be unexpected and a suprise.

That would tick me off. I would consider a little gaslight treatment before handing the ring over.

Date: 6/22/2008 6:44:13 PM
Author: tradergirl
Unreal. I''ll bet she''s been snooping in your stuff and saw an email, receipt, credit card statement or something.

I must really be getting old because I don''t understand this thing now where these girls orchestrate their own ''proposals''. I''ve been married 22 years and as I recall, it was supposed to be unexpected and a suprise.

That would tick me off. I would consider a little gaslight treatment before handing the ring over.
I don''t think she could have found anything, as I have it well hidden.
Agreed about the "plan my own proposal" thing. Listing out the days when you are "too busy" / wouldn''t want it to happen is somewhat ridiculous. It''s not like receiving a proposal takes effort or something. She should be thrilled to receive a proposal whenever I decide to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP