shape
carat
color
clarity

F SI2 vs H SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anarchy

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

After weeks of self-study and surfing around in pricescope, going through vendor to vendor. I have size down my choice to 2. A very tough and challenging decision.

I have set my priority to be such
1) Cut AGS Ideal
2) Cost not more than $3300 (the lower the better) inc of setting and shipping
3) Size 0.69 - 0.79
4) Color F-H
5) Clarity - SI1 - SI2

I have checked with friends and people around that it will be always a good investment to buy at least a F VS2.
However the price of a F VS2 is too pricey for me to buy therefore I need to reduce my requirement.

I have also decided to mount it on a 6-prone tiffany knife edge setting. As my wife-to-be is skin sensitive to platinum, I can only choose 18K white gold.
25.gif

I myself prefer the second stone.

=========================
First Stone

Cut: H&A AGS Ideal
Cost: $2731
Carat: 0.75
Color: H
Clarity: SI1

HCA: 1
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very Good

Depth %: 61.4
Table %: 56.2
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.7

Fluorescence: None
Culet: None

75-aset.gif

Second Stone

Cut: H&A AGS Ideal
Cost: $2853
Carat: 0.748
Color: F
Clarity: SI2

HCA: 1
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very Good

Depth %: 61.3
Table %: 55
Crown Angle: 34.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Star : 52

Lower Girdle %: 78
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Measurements: 5.84-5.87X3.59
Light Performance: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

748-aset.jpg

Welcome!

Both beauties, but go with the one you like best! Check that the diamond you choose is eyeclean to your standards by asking the vendor.

anymore opinion? not easy to choose from the 2

I prefer whiter diamonds, and I don''t mind lower clarity, so if it were me I would choose the F.

But that might not be your preference. And the difference in color will probably not be visible when set.

Date: 12/11/2008 10:19:52 AM
Author: anarchy
anymore opinion? not easy to choose from the 2
Which is eye clean?? If the SI2 is eye clean I would go for an F, but both look great!
28.gif

both is eye clean

actually my targetted carat size is .78 with F and SI2 for $3000. Do you think I should hold and carry on searching?

I''m going to propose at the last week of Jan 09....

Date: 12/11/2008 10:58:00 AM
Author: anarchy
both is eye clean

actually my targetted carat size is .78 with F and SI2 for $3000. Do you think I should hold and carry on searching?

I''m going to propose at the last week of Jan 09....
You said you preferred the second diamond, you have checked both are eyeclean, so consider that one. As to prices it is hard to say what they will do so I would purchase as and when or if you have found a diamond you like.

this seems to be a very good competition against the F Si2 and it matches my requirement.

i have spoke to JA, Josh that this is an eyeclean piece.

Hello Anarchy,

Im new to the forums on pricescope so I dont know what kind of response this will get but here it is.......

I just recently got a stone from Shane Co. for $2300

VS1
H
GIA certified
cut very good

I looked hard but bang for the buck this was it for me.
I also looked at the jewelry exchange gift center,,,,, but they were all similarly priced compared with Shane Co. not all but most stones.

You may want to check them out they also give lifetime warranty on it... very friendly place
26.gif

hmm it seem that you sacrifice the cut for cost...

The cut for me must be ideal H&A follow by cost, color and clarity

The hunt continue...

Date: 12/12/2008 3:22:47 AM
Author: goldenbear

VS1
H
GIA certified
cut very good
The OP is looking at ideal cut stones. Cut is the biggest factor in a well cut stone and prices may reflect that. (Almost all of us here will pay more to get a better cut stone because they show more sparkle and life.
2.gif
)

to be honest Im not sure on the cut of the stone but it shines very well in natural light so dunno.
I looked at it from the side an it was neither too flat nor too narrow.
compared several diamonds with similar specs all next to eachother and it outshined all of them

remember its all in the eye of the beholder......

I have an H/SI1 so I am partial to that combo!

Date: 12/12/2008 3:22:47 AM
Hello Anarchy,

Im new to the forums on pricescope so I dont know what kind of response this will get but here it is.......

VS1
H
GIA certified
cut very good

I looked hard but bang for the buck this was it for me.
I also looked at the jewelry exchange gift center,,,,, but they were all similarly priced compared with Shane Co. not all but most stones.

You may want to check them out they also give lifetime warranty on it... very friendly place
26.gif
hmmm....sounds too cheap.

My point exactly......
sounds cheap because compared to 3000 it is cheaper....but like I said im not sure what the cut was specifically. What I do know is that I compared them to other similar diamonds in spec and it outshined them all with great performance....

what do you mean by harder to find a mind clean stone than a eye clean stone???? for me i found both...

Based on your two choices anarchy I would say.............. The cut you have chosen is excelent so Im sure the performance on both is beyond great!!!!

Congradulations.......

Don't be put-off by SIs, you can find some amazing values, IF YOU'RE PATIENT. Remember that All SIs are not equal though. I'm an H / SI2 owner and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Date: 12/13/2008 2:35:15 AM
My point exactly......
sounds cheap because compared to 3000 it is cheaper....but like I said im not sure what the cut was specifically. What I do know is that I compared them to other similar diamonds in spec and it outshined them all with great performance....

what do you mean by harder to find a mind clean stone than a eye clean stone???? for me i found both...
what i meant is....knowing that the inclusions are there,but will it bother your mind if the stone is eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP