shape
carat
color
clarity

Facet search for lab cushion?

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am seeking some advice on searching for a lab grown squareish brilliant cushion, color F, clarity vs1 etc
In a brilliant cut. Much of what I view online (how I will purchase) is very difficult to narrow down to a brilliant (modern) facet pattern (many are modified brilliant ) . Any advice on how to search my options
To find the these brilliant stones. What patterns are closest to this? So far looking through the IGI certs, I haven’t found this and sometimes there are no facet pattern pics on the certificates. Is there an easier way? Looking for about 3.5-Ct or 8.7-9.0 mm ish…thanks for any advice on searching for these!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I am seeking some advice on searching for a lab grown squareish brilliant cushion, color F, clarity vs1 etc
In a brilliant cut. Much of what I view online (how I will purchase) is very difficult to narrow down to a brilliant (modern) facet pattern (many are modified brilliant ) . Any advice on how to search my options
To find the these brilliant stones. What patterns are closest to this? So far looking through the IGI certs, I haven’t found this and sometimes there are no facet pattern pics on the certificates. Is there an easier way? Looking for about 3.5-Ct or 8.7-9.0 mm ish…thanks for any advice on searching for these!

Can you post a link to a picture/video of a cushion you like so we know what you are looking for?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for H&A cushions?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea, a picture is worth a thousand words so just saying you want to find one that fits the brilliant faceting pattern you've
been reading about doesn't really help us. Can you post a picture/link to a cushion faceting pattern you like (size/color/clarity
doesn't matter.) Just show us a faceting pattern you like/want.

I'm assuming you didn't like the one you ordered because you said it was chucky crushed ice?

If you want us to hunt for you, you have to give us more to work with.

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry for this basic description of the facet pattern. I was unable to find it on the Ritani site. So I am looking for F color , 3.5 Ct ish or closer to 9mm than 8, standard brilliant cushion cut diamond, lab grown. Vs2 or higher, excellent polish and symmetry with in the recommended table and depth for cushion cuts. It’s hard to search by facet pattern to find this chunky look (closer to the round and less like the princess). And perhaps the standard brilliant will be out of my price range? Of max 2k. My biggest struggle was finding the facet pattern I want because the sites don’t make that easy. I hope I was specific enough? And squareish not elongated. Thanks so much for any help or advice…
1717850012621.png

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cushions come in very many different facet patterns and there is no "standard" cushion cut like there is with round cut stones or actually with almost every other shape. When you say brilliant cut, that means most types of cushions since most have the brilliant cut outline. That does not mean however that they look the same.
Square h&a cushions have been mentioned, look up those and see what you think. I would think that is the facet pattern that is most similar to a round cut stone that you mentioned.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry for this basic description of the facet pattern. I was unable to find it on the Ritani site. So I am looking for F color , 3.5 Ct ish or closer to 9mm than 8, standard brilliant cushion cut diamond, lab grown. Vs2 or higher, excellent polish and symmetry with in the recommended table and depth for cushion cuts. It’s hard to search by facet pattern to find this chunky look (closer to the round and less like the princess). And perhaps the standard brilliant will be out of my price range? Of max 2k. My biggest struggle was finding the facet pattern I want because the sites don’t make that easy. I hope I was specific enough? And squareish not elongated. Thanks so much for any help or advice…
1717850012621.png

I still don't know what you are looking for. Circle the picture you like the most. Or look up h&a cushion and see if you like it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To find what you're looking for you have to use your eyes. There is no site (I have ever seen) that lets you pick your faceting pattern.

Like this?

You can set the ratio (on some sites) to be 1-1.05 to help you find stones that are more square.

Last edited:

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
To find what you're looking for you have to use your eyes. There is no site (I have ever seen) that lets you pick your faceting pattern.

Like this?

You can set the ratio (on some sites) to be 1-1.05 to help you find stones that are more square.

Thank you! That does look like what I am referring to with a facet pattern shown that is more similar to the standard brilliant pics in the image I sent (top line). Is Adiamor a popular one here on pricescope? And did you find this by putting in the specs and just looking at the images?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adiamor is popular for earth mined diamond...I'm not sure about labs though. Yes, enter your desired specs and look
at each stone to see if it has the faceting pattern you are after.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
searching for cushions with tables under 56% often yields those H&A style cushions like tyty linked.

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
searching for cushions with tables under 56% often yields those H&A style cushions like tyty linked.

Wow good tip! Although not a recommended
Yea, a picture is worth a thousand words so just saying you want to find one that fits the brilliant faceting pattern you've
been reading about doesn't really help us. Can you post a picture/link to a cushion faceting pattern you like (size/color/clarity
doesn't matter.) Just show us a faceting pattern you like/want.

I'm assuming you didn't like the one you ordered because you said it was chucky crushed ice?

If you want us to hunt for you, you have to give us more to work with.

yes the one I ordered was too chunky. The top row of the Faceting pattern picture indicates a standard brilliant cut so any of the pics in the top row I am thinking will work for the more chunky less crushed ice looks within similar parameters 3.5 ct, 9mm ish F color Vs1, vs2 excellent polish and symmetry…

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
Wow good tip! Although not a recommended

yes the one I ordered was too chunky. The top row of the Faceting pattern picture indicates a standard brilliant cut so any of the pics in the top row I am thinking will work for the more chunky less crushed ice looks within similar parameters 3.5 ct, 9mm ish F color Vs1, vs2 excellent polish and symmetry…

I’m sorry I meant the one I ordered was too much like the crushed ice

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry I meant the one I ordered was too much like the crushed ice

Can you post a real life or picture of real cushion cut that you like?
As you've figured out, cushion types vary quite a bit and facet diagrams are not perfect. It would be hard to assist you in your search without understanding what kind of cushion you want. As folks say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
IMO facet diagrams are not that helpful. Brilliant type facet designs can still be cut for smaller facet sizes. Focus more on the face up facet patterning you see in photos/videos instead. If you like bigger facet sizes and bolder flashes old mine cushions may work too.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Old mine example
b0ba1576-c799-4aa7-b37f-6f32d61289f9.jpg

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
Can you post a real life or picture of real cushion cut that you like?
As you've figured out, cushion types vary quite a bit and facet diagrams are not perfect. It would be hard to assist you in your search without understanding what kind of cushion you want. As folks say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

1717947631944.jpeg

Reactions: Ann

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock

I guess I am ultimately looking to get close to hearts and arrows within my budget (2k) . Perhaps I am being unrealistic about that? It doesn’t have to be exactly that, but that’s the idea. Any links to stones that might work would be very much appreciated!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t think your budget will get you that cut in a 3.5ct. I’ve noticed these cool fancies like old mine and H&A cushions are far more per carat then generic cuts. But maybe someone will find something.

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
I don’t think your budget will get you that cut in a 3.5ct. I’ve noticed these cool fancies like old mine and H&A cushions are far more per carat then generic cuts. But maybe someone will find something.

Fair enough! And I suspected that but if I get close to it and away from crushed ice, I will be happy! I thought the link above someone sent was getting there! And maybe that is the one!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fair enough! And I suspected that but if I get close to it and away from crushed ice, I will be happy! I thought the link above someone sent was getting there! And maybe that is the one!

'Close to it" = what will you compromise?

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
'Close to it" = what will you compromise?

I would go to a G color and not lower than vs2. Doesn’t have to be exactly hearts and arrows. But much less crushed ice than the first one I ordered.

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
I would go to a G color and not lower than vs2. Doesn’t have to be exactly hearts and arrows. But much less crushed ice than the first one I ordered.

And tyty333 posted what looks a bit like a hearts and arrow? To my very untrained eye . That’s feeling like a good prospect? Thoughts??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And tyty333 posted what looks a bit like a hearts and arrow? To my very untrained eye . That’s feeling like a good prospect? Thoughts??

The one tyty posted is great. It's exactly what you are looking for. I would buy it in a heartbeat

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
The one tyty posted is great. It's exactly what you are looking for. I would buy it in a heartbeat

Thanks for your advice! I sent a request for some more pics. But I can return it as well! I have been searching and searching and tyty found it like that!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one I posted is an 8 main. Will have good light return like a round brilliant but in a cushion shape.

WF has a 4 main that looks pretty decent (way different from an 8 main though).

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock

lostdiamondsad

Rough_Rock
I assume 8 main means closer to H&A less crushed ice? My last concern on the one from Adiamor and whether the inclusions will show. I know this is a vs2 and the definition of that, but when I look at the magnified version seems like a lot of inclusions. Believe me I don’t care if it’s invisible to naked eye… but can I trust the VS2 invisible to naked eye with IGI cert? I think to the one from WF is beautiful! But more crushed ice look. Thank you for finding these too! I’m leaning toward the Adiamor. Thoughts on the vs2 issue??
Thanks so much! This is so helpful !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results