shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on this potential RB Beauty...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

llcoooooljay

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am a first time poster on PS. I have been with my gf for 6 and a half years, and im ready to settle down. But theres one thing missing...I need a nice diamond to knock her socks off. I''ve been searching far and wide for a stone. and i am a little hesitant to pull the trigger. so thats where you all come along, gimme some ideas, opinions, good bad outrageous, anything please.

Shape: Round Brilliant

Carat: 1.5
Color: F
Clarity: SI 1
Cut: Excellent

Measurements: 7.35-7.44X4.46
Depth %: 60.3
Table %: 58
Girdle: M
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Crown Angle: 35
Pavillion Angle: 40.6

This Diamond is around the 10k to 11k range.

is this a good, bad, or great deal? if it''s a lemon, let a fellow PS''er know please. I plan on placing the diamond in a Tacori setting. anyone out there an appraiser? i sure would like some help on taking a deeper look at the reference diagram. Thanks all. Happy Holidays.
1.gif

looks good from the numbers.

Welcome to Pricescope,

The diamond looks very promising, have you seen it in person?

i have not seen this diamond in person. it will be shipped soon.

just curious, should i be concerned if the diamond has a "very small" culet? does that make or break a price on diamonds? thanks for the reply everyone.

Also, with the specs of the diamond, is the $10,500 pricing seem justified, overly inflated or under valued? or an overall good deal?

any websites where i can kind of compare my diamond to ones with similiar specs??

I guess im feeling paranoid because this is one of the biggest purchases i have made. you guys can PM me and i''ll show you the GIA report. Thanks again.

Jason

The price looks on par.

I thought your stone does not have a culet?

on the website it says no culet, but when i looked at the GIA cert it say very small. does that make a difference on the diamond''s performance or price? thanks again.

jp

very small culet is not visible, so it is not a problem on the light performance. Some says having a culet may make the stone safer at setting, less chance of a chip happening at the culet.

Date: 12/13/2008 3:03:20 AM
Author: llcoooooljay
on the website it says no culet, but when i looked at the GIA cert it say very small. does that make a difference on the diamond's performance or price? thanks again.

jp
No problem at all, nor will you see any difference. Read more below.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/culet.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP