shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally have my French cut band! (14 years later...)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
If you search my name on PS, there are about 6 or 8 (maybe more) threads I've started over the years about French cut bands - I have wanted one since 2010! I have looked at new, at custom, at antique, at vintage, and latterly, lab.

Finally, 14 years on, I have it! Alex Park posted a parcel of proper old-style chunky FCs with tiny tables and high crowns and I slid into his DMs in record time, haha. As usual he was an absolute legend to work with and the whole process was super fun. He is an absolute perfectionist who doesn't mince words - ideal for me!

It is 1.663ct, 8 stones, set very low in platinum. I don't know the actual width (will dig out the calipers) but stones are 3mm, band would be close to 4mm, size 5.25. It is the perfect size to wear alone - a little heft without being bulky. Some quick phone pics...

1000037406.jpg

1000037408.jpg
1000037424.jpg
1000037456.jpg
1000037458.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20241014_035221121.jpg
    PXL_20241014_035221121.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1000037410.jpg
    1000037410.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 8
  • 1000037451.jpg
    1000037451.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations, it is gorgeous!

Looks beautiful on you!

Oh my god it's perfect! I want one now. Hopefully I get to try it on :lol-2:.

Also p.s. it's so worth the wait! Absolutely no compromises here.

Completely worth the wait! What a beautiful & hefty bunch of diamonds!!

It’s so delicious!! Enjoy the fruits of your years-long labor of searching! She’s gorgeous on you!!

Look at those perfect tiny crowns! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Ooooh, gorgeous!!! :kiss2:

Gorgeous! I like that the diamonds are big enough that you can truly appreciate the facet patterns in them.

Congratulations!!! I’m so excited you finally have your ring! It’s beautiful! :kiss2:

Worth the wait!!! Just perfect!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Beautiful! Definitely worth the wait.

It looks gorgeous on you! :love:

That is such a lovely ring!! I'm so glad you were able to finally get it!

Yay! Lovely!!!

HI:

Well well well. That is gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

If you search my name on PS, there are about 6 or 8 (maybe more) threads I've started over the years about French cut bands - I have wanted one since 2010! I have looked at new, at custom, at antique, at vintage, and latterly, lab.

Finally, 14 years on, I have it! Alex Park posted a parcel of proper old-style chunky FCs with tiny tables and high crowns and I slid into his DMs in record time, haha. As usual he was an absolute legend to work with and the whole process was super fun. He is an absolute perfectionist who doesn't mince words - ideal for me!

It is 1.663ct, 8 stones, set very low in platinum. I don't know the actual width (will dig out the calipers) but stones are 3mm, band would be close to 4mm, size 5.25. It is the perfect size to wear alone - a little heft without being bulky. Some quick phone pics...

1000037406.jpg

1000037408.jpg
1000037424.jpg
1000037456.jpg
1000037458.jpg

Beautiful ring! Those French cuts are gorgeous!

Beautiful ring! Those French cuts are gorgeous!

Thank you - yes, they are mega chunky, imo just the way they should be :)

Gorgeous! I like that the diamonds are big enough that you can truly appreciate the facet patterns in them.

Yes - I love this too. They are discernibly very different from other square cut melee and I am so glad I waited for the right stones (well, the right stones coinciding with my having the budget to purchase them, haha).

So pretty! Are these natural or labs?

Absolutely beautiful!! Did Alex's bench also make your band? He has such a great eye!

Absolutely beautiful!! Did Alex's bench also make your band? He has such a great eye!

Yes! Alex was ace. We did initial CAD, then he had it made up in sterling silver to assess proportions. We then refined the CAD (well, he did - he did it whilst I was sleeping as I'm in a different timezone!) but always with the proviso that if he and I were not happy with the final result, we would re-do. He has an excellent eye, I agree - and is such a perfectionist!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP