shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my dream Kashmir sapphire (tiny but mighty!)

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Hello Friends! It's been a hot minute since I posted on PS - and I'm back with the sapphire pinky ring of my CS girl dreams.
I've always been obsessed with Kashmir-origin sapphires. It all started with an antique store in my town before the age of the internet. Young me would go there and chat with the owner, who would tell the story of velvety, cornflower blue sapphires from the Kashmir mine, depleted a hundred years ago.

Truthfully, the current market price of these are insanely high, even those with poor quality are upcharge 10x. Working with my budget, balancing size, quality, and price I finally bit the bullet recently. It is the most expensive per-carat stone I've ever bought, but to me it's worth every penny. It is truly the most pretty blue sapphire I've ever seen in real life. (My wallet is grateful that I don't usually rock big rings and have a lot of snoot-sized stones I enjoy a lot:lol-2:)

Here it is, in its original Victorian setting. A little over a carat, AGL certed no treatment from Kashmir. A blue that never goes black and glows from afar.
In sunlight:
1720056097855.jpg
Indoor diffused light:
1720056213884.jpg
low incandescent light:
1720056245553.png

What's important to one person may not be as important to another, but my advice is to always choose quality over quantity. I'd much rather have a 1ct. top quality stone than a mediocre 3ct. or lackluster 6ct. I don't see how this stone's quality could be any better, and it has the pedigree to match. Big congrats to you!!!

:lickout:Huuuoooooh, I want it so friggin' bad!
That color is divine. Perfection. Damn you:lol:

Hello Friends! It's been a hot minute since I posted on PS - and I'm back with the sapphire pinky ring of my CS girl dreams.
I've always been obsessed with Kashmir-origin sapphires. It all started with an antique store in my town before the age of the internet. Young me would go there and chat with the owner, who would tell the story of velvety, cornflower blue sapphires from the Kashmir mine, depleted a hundred years ago.

Truthfully, the current market price of these are insanely high, even those with poor quality are upcharge 10x. Working with my budget, balancing size, quality, and price I finally bit the bullet recently. It is the most expensive per-carat stone I've ever bought, but to me it's worth every penny. It is truly the most pretty blue sapphire I've ever seen in real life. (My wallet is grateful that I don't usually rock big rings and have a lot of snoot-sized stones I enjoy a lot:lol-2:)

Here it is, in its original Victorian setting. A little over a carat, AGL certed no treatment from Kashmir. A blue that never goes black and glows from afar.
In sunlight:
1720056097855.jpg
Indoor diffused light:
1720056213884.jpg
low incandescent light:
1720056245553.png

This beauty is in its own league. Old-stock Kashmir Sapphire just seems like an entirely different animal than sapphire from other origins.

Looks like the real deal -- congratulations! Enjoy it in good health!

What's important to one person may not be as important to another, but my advice is to always choose quality over quantity. I'd much rather have a 1ct. top quality stone than a mediocre 3ct. or lackluster 6ct. I don't see how this stone's quality could be any better, and it has the pedigree to match. Big congrats to you!!!

Agree 100%! This beauty is a shining example of that. I am both starstruck and inspired!

Beautiful sapphire and love the antique setting. Congrats on finding such a stunning sapphire.

Wow, the color is fabulous! Congrats on such a beautiful ring.

Very pretty! I love the color and the setting!

Beautiful colour, congrats, it's lovely.

Woah I posted the thread and went on a camping trip with no signal. Just got back and saw so many sweet replies! Would take me a while to read them all but a quick thank you to yall!

Thank you @Autumn in New England !! And I completely agree, that's my preference as well. I love your pieces and you are such an inspiration as always:kiss2:

Oh and I also love the backstory!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right?! It feels extra special like some kind of closure after all these years.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics