shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my dream Kashmir sapphire (tiny but mighty!)

:lickout:Huuuoooooh, I want it so friggin' bad!
That color is divine. Perfection. Damn you:lol:

Heard the wailing of my wallet's damned soul? :lol-2:
Thank you!! From my old Sapphire Journey thread, here's a pic of it with the lovely-named green sapphire Alisa
1720401692264.jpg
and I just realized though one is antique and the other is new, they share a lot in terms of style: rose cut diamonds, the oh-so-many mini claws... Maybe its meant to be!

Attachments

• 1720401805843.jpg
    1720401805843.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 14
Wow! It's hard to stop staring and taking pictures, isn't it? Stones with color like that outrank size in my book any day! Congratulations on your find!

WOW! Gorgeous!

This one is positively gorgeous and shot straight up the chart of PS’ prettiest sapphires. It’s no wonder people are noticing it.

And you know, I’ve always been of the view that a carat is a perfectly respectable size for a sapphire.

Heard the wailing of my wallet's damned soul? :lol-2:
Thank you!! From my old Sapphire Journey thread, here's a pic of it with the lovely-named green sapphire Alisa
1720401692264.jpg
and I just realized though one is antique and the other is new, they share a lot in terms of style: rose cut diamonds, the oh-so-many mini claws... Maybe its meant to be!

:lol:I heard it on the wind. It was, it was.
You know I hate you, right? In all the best ways <3

You are grail now:love:

Wonderful! Love the color, the setting, the origin! May it bring you much happiness.

Thank you thank you! I always admire your Kashmir babies, and followed your threads on them closely:) The blues!!

Beautiful sapphire and love the antique setting. Congrats on finding such a stunning sapphire.

Truth to be told I originally planned to reset it in a diamond cluster before seeing it in person, but fell in love with the antique setting after I tried it on my pinky. I never have the heart to dismantle a piece of antique jewel anyway...:lol-2:

Woohoo! Love your new Kashmir sapphire, I’m so happy for you!
Thanks for sharing these stunning photos and backstory.

The color is AMAZING and PERFECT, enjoy!!

Woohoo! Love your new Kashmir sapphire, I’m so happy for you!
Thanks for sharing these stunning photos and backstory.

The color is AMAZING and PERFECT, enjoy!!

Thank you so much!! I'm super happy that I ended up with this shade of velvety blue that I've been chasing for a long time. I have other blue sapphire pieces but this is special!

This beauty is in its own league. Old-stock Kashmir Sapphire just seems like an entirely different animal than sapphire from other origins.
Looks like the real deal -- congratulations! Enjoy it in good health!

@Dr_Diesel @LilAlex Thank you! I searched high and low for an affordable(-by-kashmir-standard) old-stock Kashmir and encountered plenty with dubious claims for origin or quality that do not live up to the legendary name. So happy to hear confirmation from others that this is the real deal:)

Thud!

This one is positively gorgeous and shot straight up the chart of PS’ prettiest sapphires. It’s no wonder people are noticing it.

And you know, I’ve always been of the view that a carat is a perfectly respectable size for a sapphire.

Thank you @Avondale !! I never thought I'd own something even close to PS' prettiest sapphires. That's such an honor!
And ruby, emerald, spinel.., too! Proud owner of one and sub-one carat stones:)

Fantastic!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I named her Cordelia, daughter of the sea.
1720712831352.jpg
The name popped into my mind today, love me some Shakespeare reference. Here's Cordelia pictured in the morning light with Alisa the fairy stone and Minerva the deco owl. Their name rhymes, thus the ensemble:)

Last edited:
it is so amazing!!!

Hello Friends! It's been a hot minute since I posted on PS - and I'm back with the sapphire pinky ring of my CS girl dreams.
I've always been obsessed with Kashmir-origin sapphires. It all started with an antique store in my town before the age of the internet. Young me would go there and chat with the owner, who would tell the story of velvety, cornflower blue sapphires from the Kashmir mine, depleted a hundred years ago.

Truthfully, the current market price of these are insanely high, even those with poor quality are upcharge 10x. Working with my budget, balancing size, quality, and price I finally bit the bullet recently. It is the most expensive per-carat stone I've ever bought, but to me it's worth every penny. It is truly the most pretty blue sapphire I've ever seen in real life. (My wallet is grateful that I don't usually rock big rings and have a lot of snoot-sized stones I enjoy a lot:lol-2:)

Here it is, in its original Victorian setting. A little over a carat, AGL certed no treatment from Kashmir. A blue that never goes black and glows from afar.
In sunlight:
1720056097855.jpg
Indoor diffused light:
1720056213884.jpg
low incandescent light:
1720056245553.png

It surely does glow! Size doesn't matter, it is how you work it that does!! I love the Victorian setting and the buttery yellow gold. Looks like a gorgeous ring fit for royalty!!

It surely does glow! Size doesn't matter, it is how you work it that does!! I love the Victorian setting and the buttery yellow gold. Looks like a gorgeous ring fit for royalty!!

aww thats so sweet. Thank you!!

Wow

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics