shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy St. Patrick''s Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, yep I live in Ireland. Corned beef and cabbage is such an Irish thing down the country. Im doing my work experience for my course at the moment and my farmers cooked that meal for the past 5 days straight! I dont even like corned beef but am too embarassed to tell him!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to say happy paddys day to you all!! The plan for today is to go into town, watch a bit of the parade, go and find a pub with a decent tv and watch the six nations rugby and hopefully Ireland is going to win!!! So there will be quite a few drinks consumed today. Hope you all have a good one!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Happy St. Paddy''s everyone!!!!

Happy birthday to Chrono, and happy anniversary to Equ! You looked so cute in your wig...I dress up for my kids too. I didn''t go all out yesterday, just one of my Irish shirts, shamrock beads, and my glittery shamrock bobbers headband!
9.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Happy feast of St. Patrick to all! We''re going to a party at the home of a lady we are friends with, who is Irish. (from Ireland, not just descended from, like us) Tomorrow we''re going to another friend''s house and watch the movie, The Luck of the Irish with Tyrone Power. It''s a cute movie!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy St. Paddy''s Day! How many of you Irish Catholics are headed to church today?

We''re not doing anything to celebrate the day, but we''re going out to dinner because, we''ll Saturday is a good date night.

Happy Birthday Chrono! My dad''s b-day was yesterday, his mom was an Irish immigrant...we think she planned his birth but he just managed to miss the mark by a day! His middle name is Patrick and my sister is Patricia.

Equ, love, love, love the wig! If I lived near you I''d want to spend some time observing in your classroom!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 1:55:41 PM
Author: Chrono
Wow, BizouMom, we are birthday sisters!
Equestrienne, Happy 1 year Anniversary.
Yes we are birthday sisters and sisters share jewelry right!!

Happy Anniversary EQ. My God even with green hair you are prettier than Winona.

Happy St. Patrick''s Day to all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 12:32:50 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Happy St. Paddy''s Day! How many of you Irish Catholics are headed to church today?

We''re not doing anything to celebrate the day, but we''re going out to dinner because, we''ll Saturday is a good date night.

Happy Birthday Chrono! My dad''s b-day was yesterday, his mom was an Irish immigrant...we think she planned his birth but he just managed to miss the mark by a day! His middle name is Patrick and my sister is Patricia.

Equ, love, love, love the wig! If I lived near you I''d want to spend some time observing in your classroom!

I went to St Patricks Cathedral today for mass. It was full of people, a lot of them Americans visiting for paddys day, and everyone seems to have enjoyed themself. Just popped back home to get changed and will head back out again to celebrate the day. Ireland didnt win the six nations though so a lot of unhappy people in Dublin tonight!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 4:07:44 PM
Author: bee*

I went to St Patricks Cathedral today for mass. It was full of people, a lot of them Americans visiting for paddys day, and everyone seems to have enjoyed themself. Just popped back home to get changed and will head back out again to celebrate the day. Ireland didnt win the six nations though so a lot of unhappy people in Dublin tonight!
I bet that was an amazing experience, bee. My parents will be in Ireland for Easter and my dad and his sisters and BIL are really looking forward to going to Easter Sunday mass at an Abbey that''s name has escaped me at the moment. It''s outside of Shannon. My mom is excited as well, but as the non-Catholic of the group it doesn''t hold the same meaning for her.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 5:37:16 PM
Date: 3/17/2007 4:07:44 PM

I bet that was an amazing experience, bee. My parents will be in Ireland for Easter and my dad and his sisters and BIL are really looking forward to going to Easter Sunday mass at an Abbey that''s name has escaped me at the moment. It''s outside of Shannon. My mom is excited as well, but as the non-Catholic of the group it doesn''t hold the same meaning for her.

It wouldnt be Kylemore Abbey would it? http://www.kylemoreabbey.com/ Ive been there a couple of times and it is amazing to visit, The views are fantastic at it. If it is, tell them to go to the cafe beside it too-I had the most amazing slice of toffee apple cake there too. Im still thinking of that cake over 7 months later.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 5:21:59 AM
Hey, yep I live in Ireland. Corned beef and cabbage is such an Irish thing down the country. Im doing my work experience for my course at the moment and my farmers cooked that meal for the past 5 days straight! I dont even like corned beef but am too embarassed to tell him!
it really IS irish food??? I thought for sure it was some bastardized american thing LOL

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 6:44:30 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

it really IS irish food??? I thought for sure it was some bastardized american thing LOL

hehe unfortunately not! When I was a kid, my granny used to cook it all the time. My dad adores it but my mother wouldnt cook it very often, but any time Ive been outside of Dublin (anywhere in Ireland outside of Dublin, we call the country
3.gif
), its been served a lot. We''ve become much more cosmopolitan in the last decade or two, so its only when Im on farms or in the back end of no-where, that Im served it now. You also have to add a couple of spuds, as a typical Irish meal isnt complete without a load of potatos!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bee last nite we went to an irish restaurant and greg got cb and cabbage (he loves it) and it came with a bunch of strips of lean cb, some cabbage, a few red potatoes and two small carrots. it looked funny, like a diet dish!! but he said it was GREAT. i am more a fish and chips gal, hee.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 7:04:46 PM

hehe unfortunately not! When I was a kid, my granny used to cook it all the time. My dad adores it but my mother wouldnt cook it very often, but any time Ive been outside of Dublin (anywhere in Ireland outside of Dublin, we call the country
3.gif
), its been served a lot. We''ve become much more cosmopolitan in the last decade or two, so its only when Im on farms or in the back end of no-where, that Im served it now. You also have to add a couple of spuds, as a typical Irish meal isnt complete without a load of potatos!
1.gif
LOL I''m sorry - my dh would laugh his butt off if he heard the terms cosmopolitan food and ireland in the same sentence LOL He loved the country but even he (who eats food on dares) didn''t like the food LOL He says he didn''t see ANY corned beef and cabbage when he was there LOL He was north east of dublin in the tech area and then took a car around the southern half for 3 or 4 days.... he ate blood sausage twice and said it tasted like copper and dirt LOL
14.gif

I love corned beef, its cooking right now and still has several hours to go and I''m just dying here smelling it I want to eat it soooooo baaaaad lol

have you had hagis? I think that''s scottish, but.... maybe you''ve had it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love real fish and chips with malt vinegar too!!! But I think of that as more english fare....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, your parents must go to Kylemore Abbey! It''s absolutely beautiful (well, okay, so is MOST of Ireland!). We went there a few years ago and had so much fun walking around. I have a few pictures of it and if I can figure out how, I''ll try to post them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am 1/4 Irish so I always like to see the celebrations, I think they dye some rivers green like the Charles in Boston...but I am not a pub crawler at all! They do pub crawls here the week before, which seems odd to me.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bee, I''ll share your tip re: the coffee cake for sure.

zoe: I believe it''s on their list of things to do! I''ll tell them you said it''s a "must do!"

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 8:21:20 PM
Date: 3/17/2007 7:04:46 PM

3.gif
1.gif
LOL I''m sorry - my dh would laugh his butt off if he heard the terms cosmopolitan food and ireland in the same sentence LOL He loved the country but even he (who eats food on dares) didn''t like the food LOL He says he didn''t see ANY corned beef and cabbage when he was there LOL He was north east of dublin in the tech area and then took a car around the southern half for 3 or 4 days.... he ate blood sausage twice and said it tasted like copper and dirt LOL
14.gif

I love corned beef, its cooking right now and still has several hours to go and I''m just dying here smelling it I want to eat it soooooo baaaaad lol

have you had hagis? I think that''s scottish, but.... maybe you''ve had it?

Yeah Hagis is the scottish dish, I havent tried it before. I dont like blood sausage (we call it black pudding over here), its horrible! Did he enjoy an irish fry? Best hangover cure in the world!! You wouldnt find beef and cabbage over here unless you go to an irish restaurant. I was down the south of Ireland around christmas and a lot of the pubs that we stopped in were serving it for dinner.

Mara, Im more of a fish and chips girl myself too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results