shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard from Elana / FF since June 30 ?

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
And the blog continues to be updated...... :nono: My friend doesn't even want to look at the pearl that was purchased from Elana, too many bad vibes. I almost think this link should be posted on the FF facebook page as a public service. I just read her story on the FF page about why she had not responded to anyone. I have to say even that one I question, she got a CT scan and the shortly after the doctor scheduled a colonoscopy for the VERY NEXT DAY? Considering the extensive/elaborate prep that goes into getting one of those makes that story a little fishy. :sick:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I strongly encourage those who have been wronged to report Future Fashionista to the Better Business Bureau. I was planning to do so had I not ultimately received what I ordered and paid for.

I can supply her current business mailing address (as of a few weeks ago) if anyone needs it.

Anne

le chat

Rough_Rock
Anne: Can you send me her mailling business address, please? I just want to email her to cancel my order since 4 weeks I dont hear anything from her. Thank you!

You mentioned Better Business Bureau, where is this? Sorry I do not live in US so I know nothing about that. Can you give the address so I write something in case she charges my payment.

Good news is she has not charged my credit card yet and they told me that they cant block the payment before charging.

Diamondhalo

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Just a quick update: I finally got a refund! Yay! However the bank organised it all so still no reply or explanation from Elana... this is such a shame, FF has been around for ages and as many have said throughout this thread(woohoo that rhymes!), her products and her humour have always been top notch in the past...

I guess life takes bumpy roads sometimes, whatever is going on with her and the business I hope she's okay..I mean I won't deal with her again, but I still wish her well.

There's another thread right now in the rocky forum about how we go about providing feedback about forum's favourite sons like LM etc.. I wonder if anyone else feels like it was a bit easier to complain(perhaps complain is too harsh a word, more discuss openly) FF once it became clear how many people it was affecting - vs if you have an issue with a PS vendor but everyone else seems to love them?

Mainly I just like buying sparkly things (who's with me!?) :naughty: so I try not to read those discussions, but I choose what I buy and whom I buy from based on others experiences and so far I've had a hit and miss success rate.

Diamondhalo

Rough_Rock
anne_h said:
I strongly encourage those who have been wronged to report Future Fashionista to the Better Business Bureau. I was planning to do so had I not ultimately received what I ordered and paid for.

I can supply her current business mailing address (as of a few weeks ago) if anyone needs it.

Anne

Hi Anne, I've just filled in the BBB online forms - although I was rather reluctant to do this, what if there really was a medical problem or what if the customs story or some part of it at least is true?
I filled in the option for a closed dispute, no outcome needed, it'll just be on their records. I'm annoyed the website is still working - you can go right through the checkout without a clue.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know, DiamondHalo. I think you absolutely did the right thing to file a complaint.

I just searched bbb.org and found Future Fashionista. That business currently has no BBB rating, and no customer complaints showing on file.

I assume your complaint will need to be processed by the BBB before it will appear in the listing (?) Do you know if this is true?

Again, thank you for taking action.

Anne

Diamondhalo

Rough_Rock
Yes, my complaint has to be manually assessed - they'll notify me by email of their (BBB's) decision. Should be within the week.

You know, I'm really glad we all went through this together - it made me feel a lot more calm knowing it wasn't just my order gone haywire... :)

tag singer

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I've been following the Elana saga for a couple of months. Like my fellow (formerly) enthusiastic FF customers, I am disappointed, nettled, and perplexed by Elana's unconscionable business behavior. If a person is well enough to entice consumers by updating their blog and Facebook pages (or arranging for someone else to do it) they are well enough to answer customer phone calls and emails. Period. No excuses.

The fact that Elana continues to charge credit cards for high-ticket items without sending the merchandise - forcing multiple unsuspecting customers to do chargebacks - is highly problematic, and, sadly, goes beyond simply filing a complaint with the BBB.

After speaking with a member of Atlanta consumer-guru Clark Howard's team, I contacted the Wisconsin Secretary of State 's Department of Consumer Protection. The Consumer Protection representative was very concerned about the turn of events, and asked everyone who has had an issue with FF - even if your chargeback was successful - to file a complaint with their office (link to online complaint form below):

http://datcp.state.wi.us/cp/consumerinfo/cp/complaint-form/CPComplaintForm.jsp

1-608-224-4976

Their office will assign an investigator to the complaint(s), and give Elana an opportunity to state her case. If she fails to respond, they have the authority to revoke her business license. If she continues her current practice of charging credit cards without shipping the merchandise, the matter may be turned over to the District Attorney's office.

The Consumer Protection representative also recommended filing a complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, the bureau that oversees credit card transactions. At the very least, FF's charging privileges may be suspended until Elana gets her business act together.

http://www.wdfi.org/contact_us/complaint.asp

1-608-264-7969

It gives me no pleasure to submit this post - FF has been a pleasure to do business with in the past. At the same time, we have a duty to protect our unsuspecting fellow pearl enthusiasts from questionable business practices. Our international friends (like lechat) may not enjoy the same level of chargeback protection that we do in the US.

I sincerely hope Elana can get things turned around. Perhaps a letter from the Secretary of State will provide the impetus. :twirl:

Susan

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tag singer said:
Hi All,

I've been following the Elana saga for a couple of months. Like my fellow (formerly) enthusiastic FF customers, I am disappointed, nettled, and perplexed by Elana's unconscionable business behavior. If a person is well enough to entice consumers by updating their blog and Facebook pages (or arranging for someone else to do it) they are well enough to answer customer phone calls and emails. Period. No excuses.

The fact that Elana continues to charge credit cards for high-ticket items without sending the merchandise - forcing multiple unsuspecting customers to do chargebacks - is highly problematic, and, sadly, goes beyond simply filing a complaint with the BBB.

After speaking with a member of Atlanta consumer-guru Clark Howard's team, I contacted the Wisconsin Secretary of State 's Department of Consumer Protection. The Consumer Protection representative was very concerned about the turn of events, and asked everyone who has had an issue with FF - even if your chargeback was successful - to file a complaint with their office (link to online complaint form below):

1-608-224-4976

Their office will assign an investigator to the complaint(s), and give Elana an opportunity to state her case. If she fails to respond, they have the authority to revoke her business license. If she continues her current practice of charging credit cards without shipping the merchandise, the matter may be turned over to the District Attorney's office.

The Consumer Protection representative also recommended filing a complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, the bureau that oversees credit card transactions. At the very least, FF's charging privileges may be suspended until Elana gets her business act together.

1-608-264-7969

It gives me no pleasure to submit this post - FF has been a pleasure to do business with in the past. At the same time, we have a duty to protect our unsuspecting fellow pearl enthusiasts from questionable business practices. Our international friends (like lechat) may not enjoy the same level of chargeback protection that we do in the US.

I sincerely hope Elana can get things turned around. Perhaps a letter from the Secretary of State will provide the impetus. :twirl:

Susan

Thanks for being so "pro-active" Susan. I would venture to say that I am one of those who gets rather overwhelmed by all the steps one has to take in order to get their money back. It can be rather daunting ...so hopefully this will make it much easier for those who have had and are still having issues with Elana and her business.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tag singer said:
Hi All,

1-608-224-4976

1-608-264-7969

Susan

Thanks for being so "pro-active" Susan. I would venture to say that I am one of those who gets rather overwhelmed by all the steps one has to take in order to get their money back. It can be rather daunting ...so hopefully this will make it much easier for those who have had and are still having issues with Elana and her business.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the initiative on this.

Do you feel I should file a complaint - I eventually *did* receive my merchandise, but only after a lot of stalking on my part, and finally threatening to dispute FF's charge on my Visa. I am the buyer to whom Elana "explained" the ridiculous "shipping delay" by the fact she was waiting for "her local Post Master" to "find the missing parcel". It was then "discovered misplaced inside a US Customs safe" and then "US Customs shipped it to me directly at their cost". <insert major eyeroll>

Should I file? BTW, I am in Canada.

Anne

le chat

Rough_Rock
Hi Susan,

Thank you very much for your post. I did fill in all the forms which you posted above. I hope It may help the consumers center to do something.

I sent dispute form to my bank and am waiting for their response.

Anne: In my opinion, you should fill the form as well, it hepls the center more evidence to take the action and also hepl other customers like us not to be cheated anymore.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm really sorry everyone has been having this trouble :(( :blackeye: As for the blog, there are people who do "social networking PR' for a living. I wonder if their paycheck is bouncing . . .

In the future, you might consider using American Express to charge your internet purchases. They will reverse the charge to your account IMMEDIATELY, on your verbal say-so. Then it is the merchant's responsibility to PROVE that they deserve the money. If the merchant does not respond within 30 (or was it 90?) days, the money is yours and the inquiry is closed.

I learned this back in the 80's when I rented a car from an iffy car rental company. After we returned the car, they claimed $900 worth of damage on our AmEx. There was no damage :rolleyes: We called AmEx and they reversed the charge immediately and gave the car rental company notification that they had to prove the damage. The car co never responded and we were not charged. I think they just rented the car to the next sucker who didn't take their overpriced in-house rental insurance so they could claim "damage".

Recently we bought a couch on the internet, the card was charged but on delivery day the furniture co called to say the couch was unavailable. I called AmEx and told them there was no couch, they reversed the charge and blocked further charges from the company. The couch co eventually refunded the money after 5 days, they had our money for about 20 days, but with AmEx we didn't have to stress about it.

We've stuck with AmEx, because with them the customer is always right. Not a plug for AmEx, just trying to be helpful to everyone. If I had to go back to my bank for these things, they would have no idea what to do.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:
I'm really sorry everyone has been having this trouble :(( :blackeye: As for the blog, there are people who do "social networking PR' for a living. I wonder if their paycheck is bouncing . . .

In the future, you might consider using American Express to charge your internet purchases. They will reverse the charge to your account IMMEDIATELY, on your verbal say-so. Then it is the merchant's responsibility to PROVE that they deserve the money. If the merchant does not respond within 30 (or was it 90?) days, the money is yours and the inquiry is closed.

We've stuck with AmEx, because with them the customer is always right. Not a plug for AmEx, just trying to be helpful to everyone. If I had to go back to my bank for these things, they would have no idea what to do.

That is good to know. I was reading all these posts and wonder why it was so hard for Pricescopers to get their money back, with all the hassles. I currently have Amex, Visa and Mastercard. I mainly use my AmEx because it has cash back feature. In the past, I rarely had credit card disputes and if I do, they weren't with Visa and MC. Therefore, I did not know it takes longer to dispute compare to AmEx.

I have great experience with AmEx. I even file disputes online, sometimes before I get my statement, because I check my activities online at least once a week. With online dispute, I get an email notifying me that they are investigating; and I do not have to pay the disputed amount when my balance is due. They even called my cell phone (and emailed me) when we travelled earlier this year to inform us that my husband's card was possibly compromised and overnighted a new card to our timeshare property. I think the waiter got our info and bought $400 worth of grocery, etc. at Long's Drugs (CVS Pharmacy) the day after our meal. In the past 7 years, I have disputed about 4 times and all of them were painless, with only about 5 minutes of keyboard strokes.

BTW, my AmEx is the one I got from Costco with no annual fees.

I was very annoyed when I see her blogs were continuously updated with pictures. Ditto to the previous poster. Even if she is in the hospital and had someone else do the blogging, then there should be someone else who answers the phone and emails. Or at least have an announcement on the main page that inquiries may take longer to respond. Well, in her case, she never responded. I am pretty sure there are checks bouncing. As a matter of fact, some of her suppliers probably cut her off and is filing too. I noticed there are no new items...or is it just me?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HHPMom-

Were there charges pressed against the waiter? It is credit card fraud, is he in jail now?

I hope so, people like that are ruining the rest of the world for us . . . :angryfire:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:
HHPMom-

Were there charges pressed against the waiter? It is credit card fraud, is he in jail now?

I hope so, people like that are ruining the rest of the world for us . . . :angryfire:

Hi,

EDITED 11:20 AM CST:

One of my MasterCard company declined my card one year because it was an out-of-town charge. The fraud dept left a message at my home phone line. Then they told me any out-of-town charges are looked at. The rep. also said we need to notify them before we go out of town (this was several years ago). I don't agree with that because it's a flag for them to figure out I'll be gone. I haven't used that card for a few years now. Maybe they have a better tracking program now.

At first I thought the fraud was used at my destination and was almost sure it's the waiter. We arrived at our destination the first night and went to dinner at the restaurant using hubby's card. Fraud transaction was made (at CVS) and caught 2 days later. I think they have some kind of program to track our spending patterns to know we don't purchase such amount at a drugstore. I don't think it's the out-of-town destination that flagged the transaction because we've been to that destination previous and my AmEx purchases there were never declined. We thought it had to be the waiter. CVS owns Long's Drugs and Long's was everywhere at our destination.

You got me curious and I just hanged up talking to AmEx. The charge was used in New York, not online purchase, not where I vacationed either. So I was wrong in thinking it was the waiter.

In the end, it's the businesses that suffer from this fraud. Consumers don't pay for the charge. The person committed fraud has received merchandise. AmEx won't pay CVS, who is out that amount.

Diamondhalo

Rough_Rock
tag singer said:
Hi All,

1-608-224-4976

1-608-264-7969

Susan

Hi everyone,

BBB responded to my information: they just forwarded everything to FF and are awaiting a response (good luck with that ;-) )

The Department of Consumer Protection sent an auto thank you email after I finished that online form...but so far no reply other than that.

..and the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, while they responded swiftly simply stated E. Rubin, Future Fashionista (and other variations on the name), are "not business registrants of our Division of Corporations: https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearch/Search.aspx?.. "

...and if I suspected a level of fraud: "we suggest that you notify Yahoo! via e-mail: [email protected]; as well as the Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx; VISA: http://corporate.visa.com/index.shtml; MasterCard Worldwide: http://www.mastercard.com/index.html; and DOTSTER, Inc: https://secure.dotster.com/help/csupport.php?siteid=4798..

So that's my update, any more recommendations? Is there something else we can try?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
You can try leaving a review on Yelp or iVouch.

Those sites are becoming increasingly popular. A lot of people use those to review internet vendors, and I think that will be the wave of the future. Ebay made it popular to leave a review and people see the value of that. Epinions is so hard to navigate it's almost useless. iVouch is very popular with the jewelry trade, an NYC jeweler asked me to leave an iVouch review for them.

http://www.ivouch.com/

http://www.yelp.com

I don't recommend yelp- it is rigged.

I think there is a google review right?

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
FF's ebay account has been used for recent purchases, as well as her ebay store is still active. Has anyone tried contacting her thru ebay to see if anyone responds?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates?

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
Le Chat has posted elsewhere that she has received a temporary credit from her CC co, pending final investigation. So, hopefully, all will be found in her favor and she will be done with this matter.

There have since been numerous complaints posted online as to inferior merchandise and very low appraisals on past merchandise sold.

There have been a couple of online posters say they have since spoken with Elana, but no explanation offered.

Her ebay store had a recent BEST OFFER sale... which was 30% less than list price, so someone may be minding the ebay store.... if anyone is trying to contact her, try there perhaps...?

I don't know... all very odd.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Elle,
Do you know Elana's ebay store name? My sister in Chicago has been trying to reach her about a repair. She asked me if I knew it/
I saw that you had posted about it recently. Thanks in adavance!

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
kimber418|1289064703|2756901 said:
Elle,
Do you know Elana's ebay store name? My sister in Chicago has been trying to reach her about a repair. She asked me if I knew it/
I saw that you had posted about it recently. Thanks in adavance!

rubinjewelers

And my apologies if I am not allowed to post this info.

I wish your sister luck w/ this!

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
Just an FYI = Elana has a new blog "The Rubin Ranch", she's raising chickens in Wisconsin.
The last post was OCT 30 about a chicken sale she is having Nov. 21.
I only bring this up, as (a) it may be another way to try to contact her and (b) for appearances sake, it appears that she is alive and well.. which has been questioned.

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
It's so weird what's happening with FF. I mean, she is clearly up to stuff - i.e. not dead or trapped under a large rock somewhere. I have actually had my eye on a large single pearl on her website for months now but am just too scared to place an order. It sucks - I really liked her as a person when I dealt with her (she shares my snarky sense of humour) and this is so frustrating not knowing what's going on. I really hope she can sort this out - for herself and for her customers.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
THanks Ellie! It was posted before and I could not find it. I hope my sister gets it resolved. She lives in Chicago,

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
It seems there was civil action filed against Elana this past summer.

I shall assume that no further details should be posted here...?

This could cause further difficulties in contact or refunds.

And I think should serve as consumer caution not to place any further orders at this time.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Elsewhere in another forum, there is at least one lady who claims to be Elana's friend and saw her recently. However, her post was very vague implying Elana is not 100% herself. The posts gave me the impression that Elana has a breakdown, at least to me. Funny thing is if she is not fully functional to handle her business, then a family member or someone close should offer a hand, or put a temporary halt on the business. It seems odd that one can process credit card charges from customers, but one cannot fulfill customers' orders. If Elana is sick, who is doing the financial transactions?

I googled and found Elana's husband, a psychiatrist originally from Skokie, Illinois, practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Her website mentioned he's a physician also. His high school's class of 1973 reunion has Ron and Elana's pictures.

Senator Russ Feingold was endorsed by business leaders in October 10, 2010 article. The list of endorsers includes Elana Rubin. I am not sure which business she is representing, jewelry or farming.

Ellie EHF

Rough_Rock
HHPmom|1289102504|2757271 said:
Elsewhere in another forum, there is at least one lady who claims to be Elana's friend and saw her recently. However, her post was very vague implying Elana is not 100% herself. The posts gave me the impression that Elana has a breakdown, at least to me. Funny thing is if she is not fully functional to handle her business, then a family member or someone close should offer a hand, or put a temporary halt on the business. It seems odd that one can process credit card charges from customers, but one cannot fulfill customers' orders. If Elana is sick, who is doing the financial transactions?

I googled and found Elana's husband, a psychiatrist originally from Skokie, Illinois, practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Her website mentioned he's a physician also. His high school's class of 1973 reunion has Ron and Elana's pictures.

Senator Russ Feingold was endorsed by business leaders in October 10, 2010 article. The list of endorsers includes Elana Rubin. I am not sure which business she is representing, jewelry or farming.

Oddly... there have been several people who say they have recently... within last week or two...personally spoken with her. And no explanations offered. TBH, if she's had a breakdown, feasibly, would have have recently started and be posting on her chicken blog? She was VERY active herself on that forum until July, then MIA and now banned. My own opinion is that she may have just burned out. Maybe she has just decided that raising children and chickens is simply a less stressful way to live...? I cannot argue that, but I have some concern as to they way it has all transpired.

My concern is her current website and the ebay store. And there is now a legal judgment against her biz. IMO, the stores need to be shut down until such time as current matters can be addressed and rectified. My opinion.

Someone did file a complaint w/ the BBB, as recommended on this site.. and the complaint was closed as "no response". And that has been consistent all around.. no response.

I don't know her personally. I do know persons who are having issues. And again, no resolution, no response.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results