shape
carat
color
clarity

has this economy change your vacation plans for 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
We haven''t canceled any vacations, but we have stopped planning some. I had hoped to go back to Europe this summer, but it''s not happening. We have two trips planned this year that have been planned since before the economy tanked. Most of our hotel reservations are already paid for and unless something really horrific happens, we''ll still be going. (I hate saying nothing bad will happen...seems in this day and age you never know!)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Originally my hubby and I were planning on going to Hawaii for a week.... Then we looked at the airfare and said "no way". Then we thought about the Caribbean, but since I just bought a new car, I thought flying isn''t the greatest idea, so we are going to the smoky mountains instead... We can drive there.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but my green card application has. I'm currently limited to travelling domestically, but I'm enjoying seeing different parts of the US.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Harriet, don''t you have a green card by now?

As for me, I don''t get the concept of a yearly vacation. I usually stay home or local anyway. If I do go somewhere, I can''t handle lazing around on the beach; I prefer hiking, sightseeing and something more active.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess...DH and I were planning on taking a trip to Vegas but have decided that it is probably not the best idea at this point. We might still take the kids to Niagara Falls though. We did this last summer and they are still talking about it!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 11:08:11 PM
Author: Chrono
Hey Harriet, don''t you have a green card by now?
No, I''ve been on F-1s and the H-1B.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 10:28:18 PM
Author: Harriet
No, but my green card application has. I''m currently limited to travelling domestically, but I''m enjoying seeing different parts of the US.
did you sneaked into Ca illegally?
27.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, unfortunately it has. I was hoping to get back east to visit in laws for Christmas, but I''m doubting that... but more importantly, we were going to take our honeymoon this year on our one year anniversary. That''s not going to happen. Oh well, maybe next year.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
No change for us but our environment is fairly sheltered from the economy. New Zealand in about 3 weeks

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 4:21:10 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/20/2009 10:28:18 PM
Author: Harriet
No, but my green card application has. I''m currently limited to travelling domestically, but I''m enjoying seeing different parts of the US.
did you sneaked into Ca illegally?
27.gif
I''m from Singapore and I''m a lawyer by training. I never do anything illegal, unlike you.
25.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 7:40:19 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/20/2009 2:54:14 PM
Author: MC
We changed our plans last year. We had intended to go to France for our 10-year anniversary, but instead went to the San Juan Islands (in Washington St.).

This year, we''re only planning to go to Las Vegas for a mini-break. I don''t want to spend a lot of money on anything right now.
Las Vegas was my most expensive vacation ever.
39.gif
DF - oh, no! Where did you spend all your money on?

When DH and I go, we usually allocate around $100-200 to gambling and play the slots. It''s great because as long as we sit there, we get free drinks (or mostly free - just give out tips). I''ve been there about five times! lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:31:56 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Nope, I''m already a road warrior for work. The company just tried to convince me to spend 6 months in Italy and 6 in Japan and I begged off. Sheesh, I haven''t even unpacked stuff I''ve boxed up from the last assignment
20.gif

My idea of a vacation is to stay in my condo by the ocean, turn off the cell phone and alarm clock, and walk the dog on the beach.
1.gif
Traveling for work would be very tiring! A friend of mine is constantly traveling around the world, and her "vacation" is laying in bed and sleeping non-stop for a few days!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We were planning to visit family on the coast this summer anyway--good timing as the dollar exchange is so poor.

cheers--Sharon

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
not really, we had already planned for vegas, which we obviously are still doing. we were also talking about a family cruise at the end of the year and a few more vacations in between. while i''m sure it''s probably not the best thing to do right now, we still LOVE to travel, and hoping that we can take our little boy to many more places.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. We don''t have too much planned, staying in England, the Lake District, for a week for our anniversary in April. That''s the only thing planned and paid for. Right now we''re planning on going to Sweeden for 1-2 weeks in the summer, and to the Peak District to camp in early Autumn. We don''t tend to spend a lot on holidays right now, we''re trying to save money for a house still, but it''s important for us as a couple and our individual mental health to get away so I don''t see changing our plans unless we really need to.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
No, we haven''t changed our plans, but we don''t generally take expensive vacations anyway. My travel for work hasn''t been cut back either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results