shape
carat
color
clarity

Help:ASET/Ideal image comparisons?

There is a D flawless Type 2A on the market.... Its in NYC like #3

1725737365130.png

My dealer cannot find this one. Also, when I try to type in the certificate it cannot be located.

Any ideas?

Can you call in 2 and 3 and see them in person? I think it is splitting hairs comparing those two with just these images at this point. I don’t think you will be able to tell them apart, but choosing with your eyes once you have narrowed it down by numbers (which you have done) is the best bet.

Thanks, I did post links for both 2.01 and 2.03 in the thread above which have videos, images, data etc.

Thanks, I did post links for both 2.01 and 2.03 in the thread above which have videos, images, data etc.

She’s suggesting you view them both in person. Have your vendor get them both in so you may compare them and decide which is most pleasing to your eyes. At a certain point, it comes down to seeing them both with your own eyes.

I saw those. Videos are not the same as seeing in person.

Thanks everyone - I will see if that is possible.

What are your thoughts on table size of 58 in the 2.01 vs the 56 in the 2.03 and the 2.07?

Some people prefer the larger table size option but others say stick with the 56 for more ideal cut.

Also, I noticed the 2.03 has star of 45 instead of 50-55 but maybe that is not as impactful?

The 2.07 seems to have the better numbers on paper but I am not sure if I can get it and if there are any other images available. Will know more on Monday.

Truly appreciate everyone’s help and input, I went from knowing absolutely nothing to knowing just a wee little bit so it’s awesome to have your input.

The 6 o’clock position of the 2.01 is strange.

Yes! I believe the 2.01 is as well

So to summarize, the recommendation is to see them with my own eye if possible.

Otherwise, the community feels the 2.03 is better than 2,01 mainly because we do not understand what is going on under the table of the 2.01 in the ASET table but also because the 203 has a little better heart image and a little thicker arrows.

The 207 has a little better cut geometry. We have not seen any images yet other than videos.

There is an outstanding questions about the table size of 58 in the 2.01 versus the size of 56 in the 2.03 and 2.07, and the opinion of which is better.

Also, any concern with the 2.03 having a star of 45%

Table size works in concert with all the other characteristics of the diamond cut to produce a particular pattern and light play. So there is not an absolute rule here. That said, 58 is larger than I prefer in general. Most branded cuts are closer to 56. I personally prefer even smaller combined with a higher table, among other features. Since we all prefer 3 (56 table) over 2 (58) table anyway, it seems a moot question.

Also, any concern with the 2.03 having a star of 45%

The features all work in concert so it’s not really helpful to pull out individual proportions like this. But maybe @Karl_K can help us if he has time.

Awesome, thanks so much, pardon the pun but….you all ROCK!

It looks like I will be going with the 2.03 unless the dealer can acquire the 2.07 along with images for further evaluation!

Awesome, thanks so much, pardon the pun but….you all ROCK!

It looks like I will be going with the 2.03 unless the dealer can acquire the 2.07 along with images for further evaluation!

Be sure to share photos when it's all ready! Have you decided how you're setting it?

The features all work in concert so it’s not really helpful to pull out individual proportions like this. But maybe @Karl_K can help us if he has time.
Its fine.
Super busy weekend.

Be sure to share photos when it's all ready! Have you decided how you're setting it?

Most likely a simple white gold or platinum 4 prong solitaire with a hidden halo. Going for a simple, eloquent, classy look. not sure on the white versus platinum, maybe just stick with white gold since it’s easier to work with, both can be dipped, polished for free for a lifetime. Thoughts/suggestions?

Most likely a simple white gold or platinum 4 prong solitaire with a hidden halo. Going for a simple, eloquent, classy look. not sure on the white versus platinum, maybe just stick with white gold since it’s easier to work with, both can be dipped, polished for free for a lifetime. Thoughts/suggestions?

100% do platinum unless your jeweler says they prefer white gold. You don't need to dip it, it holds up better, it's more luxurious, and it's currently at a much better price ratio with gold than usual. Here's a thread, you can see the vote ratio: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/platinum-vs-white-gold-cant-decide.278449/

Have you chosen a jeweler and have you seen their work on similar settings? A lot of people really can't do beautiful settings. It sounds like you're in NYC, Steven Kirsch would be a good option. His pieces are hand-forged and he's amazing at pave and has historically worked with outside stones.

I'm sure you could do any of these with or without pave diamonds on the band:

1725820806699.png

Here's someone with a Preciosa closer to your stone size range so you can see it on: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-96-aca-steven-kirsch-“preciosa”-setting.280787/
1725820978151.png

1725820745028.png

Last edited:
that Diamond deserves a first class Platinum setting....

Platinum for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results