shape
carat
color
clarity

Help deciding on an engagement ring

Mmhm, mmhm, I thought so, a wash and a scrub and it's showtime!
I agree with her, don't break up that ring, it's really quite lovely.:love:

Now, it's up to you if this is 'your' ring or not, all things considered, no matter how beautiful. If it is, time to find a band. If it isn't, that's okay too, there are other rings out there.

Get what makes you the happiest.

Excellent, thank you lulu_ma, Mreader and ItsMainlyYou! I will have a think about it and a bit of a sniff around, it is a nice ring but as we have seen on this thread it's never been my 'AHA this is it' ring. That being said, I think my priorities are about to shift with the baby so if I don't find anything soon I will just accept that I am lucky enough to have a pretty ring and a lovely man who gave it to me.

A quick question about bands - I've always wanted an eternity band with diamonds all the way around. I've heard people say they can be a bit inconvenient, prone to diamonds falling out and they can't be resized. Do any of you have experience with these and would you recommend or no? For bands generally is there a diamond size range you would recommend? I like a bit of sparkle but would hate for my wedding band to interfere with daily life activities.

Thank you again for all your assistance, you helped me navigate quite a difficult situation and I really don't know what I would have done without it :))

Cleaning made a world of difference and the light play is much better. I suspect the inside of the baskets could still use a professional cleaning and that might amp up the volume even more. Could you find diamonds that were more sparkly? I think so, with enough time and energy and money devoted to the project. But I don’t know if that’s the best way of thinking about it at this point. There are other considerations! The ring is very charming and looks to be an intact antique. The suite is nicely matched in color and faceting. Your partner chose it for you. I think choosing to accept it for what it is and love its charm and uniqueness is a good way forward! A lovely matching band proportioned right would make a lovely set. And later you can get the “dream ring”, if you even want it in a few years. So much is about to change for you!

I say enjoy and wear your piece of history, and add your memories to its story.

@HappyChappy definitely try on some eternity rings before you pull the trigger.

IF you decide to go with a full eternity, then I would recommend a size bar at bar minimum. I had one made that I did not wear for years after I had kids. My jeweler was able to shave down the inside platinum and make it a size larger for me.

Many people have great luck with eternities and love them.

I am not one of them. I was always a get it and forget it, especially when my kids were smaller. I wear my rings daily and only take them off when doing yardwork, etc.(if I'm honest, I've forgotten to do this at times when I'm just wearing bands)

As many PSrs do, I replaced my original ring with the 'anniversary' set I wear now that I showed you above.
That band is a nine stone. It's great, has full top coverage and I don't have to worry about slamming stones on the counter, tables, doorjambs, desk edges, walls, catching it on clothing, chairs, the dishwasher, my own face...

I'm clumsy, see.:lol:

* The only other thing I would suggest from personal experience. It may not apply to you, but I wished I'd known it before.
I found I have to size my rings up 3/4 to a full size larger than my ring size.
I have finger swell, and because my fingers are short there's and ever changing bulge for me when wearing a stack. Having them a little bigger means I never have to worry about it.

My finger size changed a lot in the last 15 years. Life is full of surprises. If you get an eternity be prepared to replace it at some point. If that’s not ok with you then a half eternity may be the way to go.

My finger size changed a lot in the last 15 years. Life is full of surprises. If you get an eternity be prepared to replace it at some point. If that’s not ok with you then a half eternity may be the way to go.

I’m in the same boat, and I tried on an eternity, but found I really like a five stone. It doesn’t go between your fingers and it can be sized, and has a bigger look.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP