clarity

Help finding a similar parti sapphire

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This vendor is well known and has a few options

Darn, I was just admiring this one over on GemFix, but it sold. Perhaps you can ask Andrew if he has anything similar?

Big congrats on your upcoming engagement and welcome to the boards!!

I just quickly skimmed etsy to see what was out there... here are some stones that loosely fit your parameters. Naturally, if you decide to buy from any of these vendors, proceed with caution. I have no idea of their fitness. Good luck!

ShinyPink

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Pristine Gemstones! he says his stones are presumed heated, but I had one tested and it came back as unheated! :dance:
I've bought a parti sapphire from Caleb Quashen on IG, reasonably priced. You might try reaching out to him:
https://www.instagram.com/calebbquashen/

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s really pretty and unusual. I’d wear it. @lovedogs would it shine in a pendant or would it need to be in a ring?

I think it would be nice either way!

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
Are you open to Australian sapphires? I stumbled across a forum on FB called Spectrum Gems and Gemcutting. This is where Australian miners and cutters are posting their items for sale! Further into that rabbit hole, I found the work of Josh Lards, who is Joshuajewels on IG. Screenshot below shows some of his work (in Australian dollars, so that 4 carat $4000 stone is actually about $2600 in USD. He's super helpful and responsive, sent me some photos and video pretty quickly when I inquired

Worth a look! IMG_7838.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if these are repeats but vividsapphirestore has a few, you might even ask what else they might have.

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
Are you open to Australian sapphires? I stumbled across a forum on FB called Spectrum Gems and Gemcutting. This is where Australian miners and cutters are posting their items for sale! Further into that rabbit hole, I found the work of Josh Lards, who is Joshuajewels on IG. Screenshot below shows some of his work (in Australian dollars, so that 4 carat $4000 stone is actually about $2600 in USD. He's super helpful and responsive, sent me some photos and video pretty quickly when I inquired

Worth a look! IMG_7838.jpeg

Thank you, although beautiful these aren’t really the colour I’m hoping for & my gf has put it out there quite frequently that she wants cushion shape. I didn’t think about these extra details when posting.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They have hundreds of sapphires not on the site and they could probably find exactly what you're looking for. They have many stones under 1k, too!

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
Sorry if these are repeats but vividsapphirestore has a few, you might even ask what else they might have.

Thank you, I’ll look at the loose. I had a convo with the dainty seller a while back & they were terrible at communication so I didn’t feel comfortable proceeding. The seller I posted was super responsive & helpful. Thanks I’ll checkout the vivid links.

It’s been a LONG search and now it’s crunch time. I’m starting to think I’ll need to push back the date if I don’t find one soon. Thankfully the jeweler I’ve commissioned is willing to do a rush order when it comes in

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I’ll look at the loose. I had a convo with the dainty seller a while back & they were terrible at communication so I didn’t feel comfortable proceeding. The seller I posted was super responsive & helpful. Thanks I’ll checkout the vivid links.

It’s been a LONG search and now it’s crunch time. I’m starting to think I’ll need to push back the date if I don’t find one soon. Thankfully the jeweler I’ve commissioned is willing to do a rush order when it comes in

I would reach out to Adamant, they're great, and they have a ton of stones. The cutting and crystal is good- that's important.

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
t
I think it’s really pretty and unusual. I’d wear it. @lovedogs would it shine in a pendant or would it need to be in a ring?
Sorry I missed out one key element to my search, my gf wants cushion shape. I liked this one too

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
They have hundreds of sapphires not on the site and they could probably find exactly what you're looking for. They have many stones under 1k, too!

Thank you I take a look at the site over the weekend.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's going to be harder to find a good parti that doesn't come off as muddy on the hand in a particular shape on a budget super quickly. Not impossible, but see if she's open to anything other shape? They seem to like to cut these in radiants and other angular shapes.

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
I love Pristine Gemstones! he says his stones are presumed heated, but I had one tested and it came back as unheated! :dance:
I've bought a parti sapphire from Caleb Quashen on IG, reasonably priced. You might try reaching out to him:
https://www.instagram.com/calebbquashen/

Thanks I will look in to them. I didn’t have a preference for heated or unheated so it could work

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
It's going to be harder to find a good parti that doesn't come off as muddy on the hand in a particular shape on a budget super quickly. Not impossible, but see if she's open to anything other shape? They seem to like to cut these in radiants and other angular shapes.

Thanks I’m definitely running out of time and I’ve been searching for a few months now.

She’s set on cushion, so I’m going to run with that for the time being. If needs be I’ll push back the date to get what she wants.

Who knew this would be such a long process haha

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
than
I just quickly skimmed etsy to see what was out there... here are some stones that loosely fit your parameters. Naturally, if you decide to buy from any of these vendors, proceed with caution. I have no idea of their fitness. Good luck!

you for

thank you for these. I will take a look through over the weekend. I did forget one key element which was the shape, she wants cushion.

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
Darn, I was just admiring this one over on GemFix, but it sold. Perhaps you can ask Andrew if he has anything similar?

Big congrats on your upcoming engagement and welcome to the boards!!

Oh wow that’s nice.

Thank you. I was nervous now that I can’t find the right gem. Glad I found this place

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

itswhiskey

Rough_Rock
I found this beauty at gemdragonauctions: https://gemdragonauctions.com/collections/auction-7-28/products/parti-sapphire-nigeria

Just too bad it’s unusually shaped. (I bought from this website and Joe Henley’s Rough plenty of times so I can attest for them).

Something a little closer:

thank you. It’s a little too green for us. I definitely have some options to go through this weekend. Thanks everyone for your help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results