shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me evaluate this vintage marquise

I love a marquis with a culet. I very nearly got one that was in a vintage Tiffany ring before I got my engagement ring. The culet was longer and less round though. I think it's truly a bargain. The one I saw was in a retail shop, but was £10k!

They can be a bit moody. I find that need to be absolutely scrupulously clean to sparkle because of the relatively large table which can collect finger prints very easily. Also any tiny smudge on the underside can make them look dark. But when they are clean, they've like a universe of sparkles.

I hope you enjoy it, I think it's lovely :)

I love a marquis with a culet. I very nearly got one that was in a vintage Tiffany ring before I got my engagement ring. The culet was longer and less round though. I think it's truly a bargain. The one I saw was in a retail shop, but was £10k!

They can be a bit moody. I find that need to be absolutely scrupulously clean to sparkle because of the relatively large table which can collect finger prints very easily. Also any tiny smudge on the underside can make them look dark. But when they are clean, they've like a universe of sparkles.

I hope you enjoy it, I think it's lovely :)

Thank you! And yes it being clean is critical I have noticed. I’m really glad I didn’t return it. And wow a vintage Tiffany sounds amazing- I’m sure that also contributed to the price tag.

I’ve decided to keep. Falling more in love with it each day. :lol: Here’s a stack I particularly like.
IMG_3459.jpeg

It is a keeper! Beautiful!

I'm so glad you're keeping this! I think it's such an interesting stone with a big look for the price! I really like it on you in the current setting and wouldn't rush to reset.

I'm so glad you're keeping this! I think it's such an interesting stone with a big look for the price! I really like it on you in the current setting and wouldn't rush to reset.

I don’t think I’m going to reset it. At first, I thought I would, but it would be really expensive and also I like it east west.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP