shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a halo setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve been engaged for awhile but we are finally getting married in April/09. I''ve had my ring in a "temporary setting"... and i''ve decided that i want my diamond set in a halo setting. I love the look of some of the Harry Winston halo setting and custom work done by Leon Mege that I''ve seen on these boards - I like that they look so delicate and there is almost less of the metal showing. Can anyone recommend some simliar settings that I''d perhaps be able to find online somewhere?

Lord of Gem Rings has some premade from his store on ebay....

also you might want to get a quote from Whiteflash or GOG...they both do great work.

I was actually looking at the WF pronged halo - but I noticed it says they will not ship it without a centre stone? Is there no way around this? Or would I have to send them my stone first?

Also I really like the top view of: http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-2033_design.asp?module=setting
But I don''t like the side view or how it is so exposed on the bottom.

Do any PSers have either of these rings?

Check the Pearlman''s site, too. There are several designers that have halo rings. Good Old Gold carries Ritani and Vatche, and those have some halos as well.

what about this (new?) design from whiteflash: linky

very delicate pave... i think it would be gorgeous!
30.gif

oh, i meant to say too that 2danes has the james allen halo you linked... here is her thread

Oh actually I was just looking at that new one from WF. I made another post about it asking what everyone''s opinion of that one vs the pronged halo on WF. Any pros/cons having it melee vs pave halo? I like how less of the metals show! I''m leaning more towards that one at the moment.

However, I was just looking around at the gallery and saw some pictures from WF. I''m in LOVE with this one: http://com.pricescope.com/photos/whiteflash/picture3399.aspx

Any idea who''s custom that is? I love that it''s a halo around a round brilliant - but the halo is in the shape of a cushion cut. I would love to see more pics of this and side view etc.

Thanks for everyone''s help! I hope I find the perfect one soon! <3

I know you have not mentioned Tacori is this post, but mine is a bit like you are describing. Maybe Tacori would have something that you might like.

I have attached mine - it has a RB in a squarish halo.

BI

round with halo.JPG

Hi sapphyre,

I''ve lurked on PS for months, but I joined to answer your post! :) I have a halo that looks almost exactly like the WF link you just posted ~ the halo is very delicate & subtle. Mine holds a cushion, so the halo is squarish.

The maker is a company named Saturn jewels; it can probably be found lots of places, but Mr. Lightningbug bought mine from our local jeweler in San Francisco. The side detail is very antique looking and is different from the HW; I''ll try to attach a front view in this post, and a side view in the next post.

Fun stuff! :)

ering_face.jpg

Saturn side view...

ering_side_2.jpg

Just to answer your earlier questio about WF - you can ship your stone to them and they will set it.
4.gif

Date: 12/8/2008 1:26:03 AM
Author: BlackIsland
I know you have not mentioned Tacori is this post, but mine is a bit like you are describing. Maybe Tacori would have something that you might like.

BI
Where is this setting from (if you don''t mind me asking)> I have a 1.76 carat round I want to set in a halo. This is very unique..I love the sidestones. Thanks

lightningbug I am thinking about getting the same setting - can you please post more pics?

Thanks!!

Sure! :) I''ll attach 3 more. Sorry these are a bit grainy.

ering_side_4.jpg

Another...

ering_side_3.jpg

Saturn on hand...

ering_hand.jpg

Date: 12/8/2008 12:27:41 PM
Author: lightningbug
Your ring is stunning!!! :)

Date: 12/8/2008 1:26:03 AM
Author: BlackIsland

BI
BI, Everytime I see your ring, it makes me wish I chose the 2620 with sidestones. It is a beauty! :)

Date: 12/8/2008 1:12:56 PM
Author: mom2twogirls
Date: 12/8/2008 12:27:41 PM

Author: lightningbug

Your ring is stunning!!! :)

Thanks, mom2twogirls! I''ve only had it for a month, and I love it but I''m still feeling a little bashful. It''s not outlandish by PS standards, but I''m not used to people surreptitiously staring at my hand out of the corner of their eyes IRL, lol! Seeing the gorgeous pieces owned by the ladies here on PS (like BlackIsland''s, yowza!) has made me feel a little more "normal" haha.

Is that amazingly beautiful halo in your avatar yours??! It looks like something sapphyre would love!

wow, lightningbug, your ring is stunning! can I ask the specs on your sparkly?

and, if you have it, I'd love to see a close-up of the detailing on the basket. it's sooooo lovely!
30.gif

eta: sapphyre, sorry for the slight thread-jack!

I''m usually not a fan of halos, but I saw this one today in anotehr ''show me halos'' thread and I LOVED it.

Credit to lesco, beautiful ring! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/after-a-long-absence-i-return-to-ps-with.96308/

Date: 12/8/2008 4:13:40 PM
Author: chickpea
wow, lightningbug, your ring is stunning! can I ask the specs on your sparkly?

and, if you have it, I'd love to see a close-up of the detailing on the basket. it's sooooo lovely!
30.gif

eta: sapphyre, sorry for the slight thread-jack!

Hi chickpea, thank you! Here are the specs (I didn't put in the Table and Girdle b/c I don't know how much that matters for cushions).

Cushion brilliant
7.00 x 6.56 x 4.54 mm
Carat Weight: 1.55 carat
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I'll attach a few more pictures for you and sapphyre. Sorry to dominate the thread!
20.gif

Oh, and my finger is size 4.25.

ering_top.jpg

another...

ering_finger_profile_2.jpg

another finger shot

ering_finger_up_profile.jpg

in my version this shows the relative proportions of the center and the halo, but i''m not sure this smaller size captures it:

ering_rainbow.jpg

last one!

ering_saturn_smaller.jpg

thanks for the photos and specs, lightningbug! i adore cushions, and halos, and super-thin pave bands... so in other words, *everything* about your ring! congrats, it really is stunning!
36.gif

Oh my goodness - Lightningbug and BlackIsland... your rings are gorgeous!

Thanks for all the beautiful pics - definitely will be inspiration!

I''ve contacted WF about that custom cushion halo design - I''m just torn because I really don''t want to send my ring cross border and deal with customs again getting it back.

Meanwhile... more links and pictures please!!!! :D

Thanks to all for all the links and suggestions also!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP