shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a halo setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 12/8/2008 9:46:39 AM
Author: beau13

Date: 12/8/2008 1:26:03 AM
Author: BlackIsland
I know you have not mentioned Tacori is this post, but mine is a bit like you are describing. Maybe Tacori would have something that you might like.

I have attached mine - it has a RB in a squarish halo.

BI
Where is this setting from (if you don't mind me asking)> I have a 1.76 carat round I want to set in a halo. This is very unique..I love the sidestones. Thanks
Hi, this is a Tacori ring, and the setting was purchased in a Vancouver, BC, Canada jewellery store. The RB is 1.38. I am not sure if it would fit a 1.76, but you could see what else they have to offer that might fit.

BI

Date: 12/8/2008 10:22:44 PM
Author: chickpea
thanks for the photos and specs, lightningbug! i adore cushions, and halos, and super-thin pave bands... so in other words, *everything* about your ring! congrats, it really is stunning!
36.gif

Thanks so much, chickpea! I love those things, too...but I also *adore* the brilliantly posh, classy, streamlined elegance of your sparkly RB X-prong. Definitely different looks, and both fabulous! If only we had multiple e-rings to match our multiple moods, lol! (But that might require multiple fiances or husbands, and I won''t even go there.)
2.gif

Date: 12/8/2008 11:22:20 PM
Author: sapphyre
Oh my goodness - Lightningbug and BlackIsland... your rings are gorgeous!

Thanks for all the beautiful pics - definitely will be inspiration!

I''ve contacted WF about that custom cushion halo design - I''m just torn because I really don''t want to send my ring cross border and deal with customs again getting it back.

Thanks, sapphyre! Have fun with WF, and keep us posted!

Lighningbug - LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting! Can you please post a profile pic showing how high it sits on your finger? I can''t get enough of that beautiful setting.

Date: 12/10/2008 10:48:27 AM
Author: cushionawesomeness
Lighningbug - LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting! Can you please post a profile pic showing how high it sits on your finger? I can''t get enough of that beautiful setting.

hi CA ~ thank you!! :) sure, i''ll post a picture when i get home from work and have more time to play. :) i will say that it sits very low on my finger, esp. compared to other Saturn settings (and to a T & Co classic RB solitaire of similar size).

****small hijack****

Lightningbug, is that your wb in your avatar? If so, any chance you could share a pic of the two rings together? I love them both!

Date: 12/8/2008 7:55:58 PM
Author: audball
I''m usually not a fan of halos, but I saw this one today in anotehr ''show me halos'' thread and I LOVED it.

Credit to lesco, beautiful ring! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/after-a-long-absence-i-return-to-ps-with.96308/
Aww thank you audball.

Wow, I saw so many halos I liked when I was shopping around especially the tacoris posted, I saw both IRL and they are to die for. Lightingbug has quite a beauty as well!!!

Have you looked at the SMTR section for ideas?

Date: 12/10/2008 7:37:00 PM
Author: MMT
Have you looked at the SMTR section for ideas?

Yup, I''ve been looking a lot of rings on here - best source for ideas and inspirations... and help! :) So many beautiful rings on here! I haven''t seen too many with a RB center with a cushion halo.

Update: I''ve contacted WF about that cushion custom halo and hopefully will get something very similar - while i love love love the top down view of it... not completely in love with the profile.

Date: 12/10/2008 2:15:38 PM
Author: UpgradeMe
****small hijack****

Lightningbug, is that your wb in your avatar? If so, any chance you could share a pic of the two rings together? I love them both!

Hi UpgradeMe...thanks so much! :) No, Mr. Lbug and I just got engaged, and we haven''t chosen my wedding band yet! The Beverly K floral ring in my avatar is a much-beloved RH ring, also from Mr. Lbug. I sometimes do wear it as my E ring if I''m going to a conference or don''t want too much ''flashlight attention'', but honestly for my tastes they don''t look great together (and yeees...of course I tried, LOL!). They''re both very feminine, delicate rings, but they''re also ornate, so together they join forces to become a ''diamonds up to my knuckle'' look that freaks me out a little bit. ;)

Date: 12/10/2008 1:11:12 PM
Author: lightningbug
Date: 12/10/2008 10:48:27 AM

Author: cushionawesomeness

hi CA ~ thank you!! :) sure, i''ll post a picture when i get home from work and have more time to play. :) i will say that it sits very low on my finger, esp. compared to other Saturn settings (and to a T & Co classic RB solitaire of similar size).

Hi again, CA! I feel a teensy guilty about posting too many pics of my own ring in sapphyre''s thread (sorry sapphyre!), but so long as it''s in the spirit of helping her get ideas for HER custom WF halo, hopefully she won''t mind too much. :)

These aren''t great photos at all (how do you guys DO it? sigh), but hopefully you''ll get an idea of the ring''s profile on my hand. Pls ignore the unmade bed and sleeping cat, LOL!

Ering_profileonhand_1_compressed.jpg

profile 2

Ering_profileonhand_2_compressed.jpg

wow, when i compressed these in MS Office picture manager all the detail got lost, huh?
7.gif

Ering_profileonhand_3_compressed.jpg

grrr, trying this with a different compression program.

Ering_profileonhand_5_compressed2.jpg

sigh. last one. sorry these didn''t really work so well!

Ering_profileonhand_6_compressed.jpg

Thanks for the reply Lightningbug! I''m in the process of doing an upgrade/reset of my original rings and we have very similar tastes. I figured it wasn''t a set but just had to ask. I''ve always wondered what they''d look like together. I have narrowed my wish list to 2 different styles and one involves a BevK style band like yours. I love them!

Date: 12/11/2008 9:47:03 AM
Author: UpgradeMe
Thanks for the reply Lightningbug! I'm in the process of doing an upgrade/reset of my original rings and we have very similar tastes. I figured it wasn't a set but just had to ask. I've always wondered what they'd look like together. I have narrowed my wish list to 2 different styles and one involves a BevK style band like yours. I love them!

**serious hijack apology**

You're welcome, UpgradeMe! I read some of your posts and I think you're right that we DO have similar tastes. :) Even your original e-ring--its size, its wrap, the way that you mix colors--is similar to what I did years and years ago (I'm in my mid thirties now and had an earlier marriage 15 years ago...the guy didn't last, but the set did, and it was a lot like yours). A difference is that you have long, gorgeous fingers that can handle more bling than mine can! In my case, my eye is attracted to the very detailed, ornate, lacy, Edwardian styles that also attract you, but I find that on a daily basis a slightly simpler look (within that theme) is just better for my hand. Either of my rings worn alone kind of pushes that envelope, so I just couldn't combine them. Another thing is that they would definitely rub against one another and both rings would be hurt eventually.

A couple thoughts about the Beverly K band if you're still thinking about it (sorry again for the hijack, folks!): First, know that IRL it has quite a bit less 'oomph' than it does in pictures. Don't get me wrong: it's beautiful and I get compliments all the time, but it doesn't really sparkle and dance the way that I thought it would. Under spotlights, YES, but in daylight...it's more subdued, and definitely more about the design than the diamonds. Also, I love platinum but my jeweler--who is amazing--INSISTED that Mr. LBug buy it in white gold if it was to be worn frequently. Apparently the platinum just can't hold the stones in place the way that white gold can, and there's a much greater risk of them falling out.

So...my $.02. I'm excited to follow your story and see what you end up with! (FYI, if you're ever anywhere near San Francisco there is a small vintage jewelry store here called Dianne's Estate Jewelry. I've never bought there so I can't personally vouch for them, but they carry lots of rings in 'our' style, the prices and quality are very good, and people here in SF love them....)

**EDIT** Ok, I just checked Dianne's online catalog and I take back what I said about the prices being good. Wowza...the prices I just saw were definitely on the higher side! In person they have a broader range. Sorry 'bout that, folks.

Thanks girl! You know, I was actually just in SF a couple months ago. Ugh! Maybe that''ll be a reason to go back. ;)

Thanks for the info on the BK band. I found one similar on the Fay Cullen site and wondered about resetting my solitaire in it. Just don''t know what it would look like. And still waiting/hoping for responses to the thread I started yesterday in Rocky Talk. But it''s nice to know that it doesn''t sparkle like you''d expect. Makes me lean towards my other option maybe!

Sorry I posted on the wrong thread, but while I'm here I have to say lbug, your ring is simply stunning.

OMG, LB....love your ring!!!!!!!!!!

thank you both! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP