shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a diamond for engagement ring please!

famridinov4557

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, wanted to get this groups expert opinion on some diamond options. Please see below for the two options

Diamond 1: 2.16 carats, only have the specs not the HD symmetry pics

Diamond 2: 2.20 carats, have the HD pics but the symmetry looks a bit off

Would appreciate your eyes on the best diamond for the money and rough guidance on how much I should expect to pay for each. Thank you all so much and this would mean the world to my fiance.

IMG_6301.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6303.jpeg
    IMG_6303.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6300.jpeg
    IMG_6300.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6299.png
    IMG_6299.png
    965 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6296.png
    IMG_6296.png
    946 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6298.png
    IMG_6298.png
    774.1 KB · Views: 7
Neither is well cut. And I don’t mean they are not ideal or perfect… I mean they are just plain badly cut. Sorry!

I would pass on both. They will not sparkle. Can we help you find an alternative? Which country are you based in?

Neither is well cut. And I don’t mean they are not ideal or perfect… I mean they are just plain badly cut. Sorry!

That bad? Yeeesh. How about the one below? I think the proportions came out nice but not sure given the size is smaller and it doesn’t have the HD cut pics like the first one. IMG_6304.png

That bad? Yeeesh. How about the one below? I think the proportions came out nice but not sure given the size is smaller and it doesn’t have the HD cut pics like the first one. IMG_6304.png

I would need pictures to confirm but I doubt this is much better. Do some searches here on pricescope regarding ideal proportions and examine images of well cut stones so you know what to look for.

Definitely none of the ones you linked. They are objectively bad. What's your budget?

I would need pictures to confirm but I doubt this is much better. Do some searches here on pricescope regarding ideal proportions and examine images of well cut stones so you know what to look for.

Would you mind recommending some good thread for that. Unfortunately the day is coming up super quick and I need to make a decision on a stone asap. I got pics from the vendor for that one with the crystal too, but I can't tell as the quality is hard to gauge.

Image (4).jpegImage (3).jpegImage (2).jpeg

Is the one below any better? I am trying to get more keys for the tool but it keeps signing me out. Really appreciate your help by the way. This has been the nicest forum of people I have encountered haha.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 131903.pngScreenshot 2024-10-09 131813.png

Definitely none of the ones you linked. They are objectively bad. What's your budget?

Budget is like 20k. These are options from a jeweler friend that can get me a diamond less the markup. So I've been trying to assess the best.

Budget is like 20k. These are options from a jeweler friend that can get me a diamond less the markup. So I've been trying to assess the best.

I'll be honest: getting a diamond from a "friend" jeweler is almost always a bad idea. They won't be able to get you a stone without the markup--it just isn't a possible thing for folks to do, otherwise they wouldn't have a business. Anyone who says they are a "wholesaler", etc, is just not being honest with you.

Here's an ideal cut diamond. Please notice how different it looks than the ones you posted.

Buying the above diamond (or any of the in-house diamonds from WF) would be significantly better

Dumb question but the 2.20 has the hearts and arrows below. What makes it bad? Is it the leakage?

1728498543438.png

Do you see how the black background photo has a dark ring in the center? That's leakage. So it's very precisely cut, hence the hearts and arrows, but doesn't send enough light back into your eye.

I always assumed the True Hearts were owned by JA...guess not!

Dumb question but the 2.20 has the hearts and arrows below. What makes it bad? Is it the leakage?

1728498543438.png

Yes notice the entire area under the table is darker. That means it is not reflecting back light to the eye and it will look lifeless and dark. This is not a well cut diamond per my standards or even looser "almost perfect" standards that I might still recommend.

Would you mind recommending some good thread for that. Unfortunately the day is coming up super quick and I need to make a decision on a stone asap. I got pics from the vendor for that one with the crystal too, but I can't tell as the quality is hard to gauge.

Image (4).jpegImage (3).jpegImage (2).jpeg

Is the one below any better? I am trying to get more keys for the tool but it keeps signing me out. Really appreciate your help by the way. This has been the nicest forum of people I have encountered haha.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 131903.pngScreenshot 2024-10-09 131813.png

This one is not completely horrible but it is still very leaky and you can find better.

Maybe it changed after they got bought?

They are in House but given market conditions...Signet might be trying to move some of their owed inventory off the books....

Sorry which one? The 2.2 carat?

Sorry I didn't see they were different stones. They both have the same issues with leakage so I guess my comment applies to both!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP