shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with dating a piece, do the diamonds match the setting age?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds are chunky monkeys and hard to photograph. No markings, tests as 14K. Do you think this is the original setting or a newer piece with old diamonds? Why is the bangle WG and the tongue YG? So many questions …

IMG_2693.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 40
They look like old mine cuts. It’s very possible that they were set in a newer bracelet. Did the vendor say anything to you about it?

My gut says this a newer piece made with antique diamonds. The safety is definitely modern, though in fairness it could’ve been added after the bracelet was made.

I think it might be rhodium plated because it looks like someone scratched it away to reveal yellow gold underneath. That might also explain why the tongue of the clasp is yellow gold.

Attachments

• IMG_2848.jpeg
    IMG_2848.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 12
This looks like a newer piece made with antique diamonds. The safety is definitely modern.

I think it might be rhodium plated because it looks like someone scratched it away to reveal yellow gold underneath. That might also explain why the tongue of the clasp is yellow gold.

Thanks, that’s very helpful.
@Mreader I got it at an auction so no info. I assumed it was a newer piece, but the clasp being a different color confused me. Think @JPie is correct that it was likely rhodium plated.

Enjoy! It’s a beauty. I’m a fan of antique diamonds in newer settings since you don’t have to baby it the way you would an antique.

They do look like like old miners which would place them at the end of the 1800s in terms of cut. The setting looks like the 1950s to me, but I’m making that guess based on vibes lol

They do look like like old miners which would place them at the end of the 1800s in terms of cut. The setting looks like the 1950s to me, but I’m making that guess based on vibes lol

Funny you say that ‘cause I am feeling a 50’s vibe, too.

No clue, but great buy and so pretty. Post some pics on your hand when you get it.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP