shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I start a business selling herbal tea that helps you to sleep, slim down and detox?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 12:31:39 AM
Author: simplysplendid
If you are launching it in Singapore you might want to check with the Ministry of Health on what requirements they have. I believe to launch a health product you will need to have it tested over a period of time on a certain number of people. It is not just the regulatory requirements but also I believe it is ethical for health product sellers or producers to know and study the effects of their product before offering it to the wider public. Generally there is less concern if you are trying to market a non-consumable product but when it is to be taken in by the human body, it is best to be safe than sorry.
SS, thanks. I was aware that the MOH is something that I'll need to look into. Don't worry. I have no intention of doing anything unethical!
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 2:02:25 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 3/10/2009 6:45:04 AM
Author:Phoenix
I'm thinking of starting my business selling this herbal tea (ingredients to remain a secret
2.gif
1.gif
). I know that it works in that: 1) it helps to relieve my insomnia (every time I drink one or two cups, I fall asleep almost immediately and this comes from someone with chronic insomnia); 2) it helps to detox (everyone has been commenting on how nice and clear my eyes and skin look lately); and 3) it aids the slimmimg process (though of course I wouldn't claim that it *alone* could help you get rid of unwanted kilos if you insist on not exercising and overeating).
maybe it was bird's nest.
28.gif
DF, you're hilarious!
9.gif
It did actually occur to me that it may be the birds' nest which I am sure is no doubt a contributory factor but this is only my third week on the birds' nest. The weight loss had occured way before this. Also, DH has not been consumed any birds' nest at all.

Really, this tea is absolutely amazing! I had a cold the other day and it practically disappeared overnight. In fact, I was just thinking this morning about how I was working really hard during Nov and Dec on this horrible hectic project. I was really exhausted and stressed out. People around me were falling sick like crazy and yet I did not get sick at all. I usually catch other people's germs very easily and am quite susceptible to colds and 'flu's. I couldn't figure out why until this morning!
9.gif
Now, it all makes a lot of sense to me. I think what it does is it boosts yr immune system and flushes out the toxins as well as the fatty substance in yr body. I can't wait to get my friend to start analysing it for me. Now, how do i get people to try it and documenting it in a controlled and scientific way is something I've yet to figure out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix
is this the type of herbal tea that needs to boiled for like 4-5 hrs,you know like chinese medicated herbal tea ?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that I could really use some of that tea - sounds like a great product
emteeth.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Is this tea something you would not recommend for thin people or those who don''t want to lose weight? I guess that means children better not indulge because they should be growing not loosing weight. Pregnant ladies, too. You''ll have to figure out how you protect the consumer from harm, label warnings, etc.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, just a thought:
I don't know how scientific you will need to be with your "trials"
but you will want to include a placebo in your experiment.
This is a big challenge with Alternative medicines because its a little more difficult to give someone "fake" tea than it is to give them a sugar pill.

Maybe find a completely inert herbal tea and give it the same flavor as your blend?

Anyway, just thought of that.. have fun!

(please let me know if that didn't make sense!!)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 12:31:39 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Phoenix
is this the type of herbal tea that needs to boiled for like 4-5 hrs,you know like chinese medicated herbal tea ?
Oh no, I am too impatient for that, LOL. No, this is the type that you just steep for a few minutes, you knnow just like any regular Chinese or English tea. Eventually, I want to package it in tea bags to make it more convenient. It''d also need to be freeze-dried so as to increase its shelf-life.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 1:53:06 PM
Author: vespergirl
I just wanted to say that I could really use some of that tea - sounds like a great product
emteeth.gif
Thank you, Vespergirl.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, I think you have a test pool already forming here on PS! LOL FI and I are long-standing believers in Eastern medicine and homeopathic treatments, so he''s really interested in this thread and your tea. Best of luck to you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 2:08:25 PM
Author: swingirl
Is this tea something you would not recommend for thin people or those who don''t want to lose weight? I guess that means children better not indulge because they should be growing not loosing weight. Pregnant ladies, too. You''ll have to figure out how you protect the consumer from harm, label warnings, etc.
This is something I''ve yet to figure out. I think what it does primarily is that it flushes out toxins and fatty substance from your body. I''ve yet to work with my buddy to get him to help me work out stuff like this, scientific studyings and all. At this moment in time, I am not going to give the tea to to children or pregnant ladies, not yet anyway. This group of consumers is yet to be tested and of course yes, adverse effects (if any) should be clearly labelled and warned. However, these herbs are amongst those that most people, including children and pregnant ladies, would have consumed at some point in their life in their ordinary diet, so I doubt if they would experience any harm. But I will keep an open mind and be thorough.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 4:53:30 PM
Author: paeony
Phoenix, just a thought:
I don''t know how scientific you will need to be with your ''trials''
but you will want to include a placebo in your experiment.
This is a big challenge with Alternative medicines because its a little more difficult to give someone ''fake'' tea than it is to give them a sugar pill.

Maybe find a completely inert herbal tea and give it the same flavor as your blend?

Anyway, just thought of that.. have fun!

(please let me know if that didn''t make sense!!)
Paeony, wow, you have so many GREAT ideas!! Thank you.
9.gif

This is a very valid point. Off I go to find some inert herbal tea.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 11:25:06 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Phoenix, I think you have a test pool already forming here on PS! LOL FI and I are long-standing believers in Eastern medicine and homeopathic treatments, so he''s really interested in this thread and your tea. Best of luck to you!
Thank you so much, HH. I really appreciate it.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results