shape
carat
color
clarity

How is jewelry from overstock.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone!
I would like to purchase gold earrings and a necklace from overtock.com. Their prices seem very low. Where do I purchase nice jewelry online? WF does not have a lot of variety. I used to love Fortunoff (for variety) but they are out of business..
Thanks

I have purchased a few gemstone bracelets, earrings and pendants from them and they are at least as nice as mall jewelers which is good enough for me as every day pieces of jewelry. I have not purchased any diamonds from them.

I''ve purchased several silver pieces from Overstock and they were exactly what was expected. I''ve ordered one gemstone and diamond ring and it was very comparable to mall stores. It was a great price so I don''t regret it.

I''ve also ordered from Ice.com. They are gemstone pieces and I am really pleased with them.

all over the map because they are sourced from all over the map.
In general they are mass market commercial quality that you find in many jewelery stores.

Are you looking for gold only? No gemstones or whatever? Have you tried costco? Seriously, their gold stuff is pretty okay. It weighs up pretty well, and you can see it before you buy... and if you buy online. Great return policy. And the prices are good. I purchased a couple of things from them and while the gemstone purchase I made was a result of (very) creative photoshoping, the straight gold and even the pearls I've bought from them have been good. Overstock is a all over the map. It would help if they had the weight of the pieces listed so you could tell what you are getting in terms of gold pieces, but they do have a return policy. I have seen some ross simon pieces (another place some folks shop at online for that stuff) and I'd say... probably comparable, though you can get some duds if you aren't careful. Personally, I've found something better at costco each time, or at an online 'wholesaler' through one of the PS dealers (they can get you anything, especially places with storefronts) and have returned most everything I looked at on overstock (mostly silver, but one gold piece).

Date: 1/20/2010 10:22:03 PM
Author:Butterfly123
Hello Everyone!
I would like to purchase gold earrings and a necklace from overtock.com. Their prices seem very low. Where do I purchase nice jewelry online? WF does not have a lot of variety. I used to love Fortunoff (for variety) but they are out of business..
Thanks
I really miss Fortunoff, but haven''t bought anything from overstock..

Date: 1/21/2010 7:48:12 PM
Author: Karl_K
all over the map because they are sourced from all over the map.
In general they are mass market commercial quality that you find in many jewelery stores.
I agree with Karl. Its a hit or miss, and it was definitely a miss for me. I bought a channel set huggie earrings and they were poor poor poor color cut quality and wayyy too included for me
14.gif
but some people have faired well with gemstones.

I honestly think tons of their jewelry is overpriced, particularly the 14K gold huggies I spotted. I wish they had more 18K gold jewelry. Their diamonds typically seem heavily included....I1-I2. At least for the pieces I've seen (particularly eternity rings).

Bought a pair of diamond studs from them, returned the same day.
Can you say " crxxp"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP