shape
carat
color
clarity

How would this stone look ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking4dimond

Rough_Rock
Well I have been looking for a princess cut dimond. Was really looking for a 1.30ct but couldnt find one that was good. I was really looking to get a VS2 or eye clean SI1 . I would like to them to be either ideal or excellent with a color around G/H. It seems to find a dimond in this size range is very hard. Why is that ?

I did see this one on Goodoldgold. Could I please get some recomendations what people think about it or help me find something better that might suite me. I have allready purchased the setting just need to find the stone !!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4786/

It also says for this dimond it is AGS "Ideal" light performance what does that mean ? Does that mean it couldnt get the ideal rating beacuse of the new guidlines that AGS

Probably most cutters are aiming for the next price jump bracket which is at 1.5c.

Looks like a good stone. What GOG means is that this stone is not graded by AGS but by GIA. If it were to be graded by AGS, it should get a AGS0 cut grade.

If you go down to I, there are a few more options.

Whoa! That's a gorgeous stone. The GEMEX and Megascope results couldn't get any higher.

But I am not expert on princess cuts. Ideal is the highest score for AGS. Excellent is the highest score for GIA. It looks like it has a GIA lab report with an AGS Sarin. But Ideal for light performance is the highest score.

There are some Cut by Infinity stones in the 1.3 range.
http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com/

Date: 12/13/2008 1:21:05 PM
Author:Looking4dimond
Well I have been looking for a princess cut dimond. Was really looking for a 1.30ct but couldnt find one that was good. I was really looking to get a VS2 or eye clean SI1 . I would like to them to be either ideal or excellent with a color around G/H. It seems to find a dimond in this size range is very hard. Why is that ?

I did see this one on Goodoldgold. Could I please get some recomendations what people think about it or help me find something better that might suite me. I have allready purchased the setting just need to find the stone !!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4786/

It also says for this dimond it is AGS 'Ideal' light performance what does that mean ? Does that mean it couldnt get the ideal rating beacuse of the new guidlines that AGS
That looks like a beautiful diamond and welcome to Pricescope!

Also the diamond has a GIA report, as yet GIA do not grade fancy shapes for cut so it won't be possible for the diamond to have an Ideal grade as GIA do not use that term. But it is an excellent diamond nevertheless. Also with the carat weights you can find cutters will aim to hit what are called magic weights such as 1.5 carats, and sometimes cut quality can be compromised to achieve this. This is because of the price jumps when a ' magic weight' is reached, it can be more profitable to cut a so so 1.5ct diamond than a superbly cut 1.3 ct for example. But this is not always the case that cut quality is sacrificed to reach a certain weight, so it is best to evaluate each diamond whatever its size on its own desirable physical and optical properties.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP