shape
carat
color
clarity

I dislike necklaces...anyone else feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I googled Thali and all I got was plates and plates of food?

Date: 1/14/2010 1:32:18 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I googled Thali and all I got was plates and plates of food?
Just tried too. Mmmm. . .seeing all yummy plates of goodies has made me hungry!
18.gif

The only metal things I like wearing are rings.
Necklaces and bracelets bother me and I use my cell
phone instead of a watch.
I do wear an aventurine magatama all the time but it is on a cord.
I can''t stand turtle necks or scarves either.

I
30.gif
necklaces and have a drawer full of them (nothing high end or valuable just inexpensive trendy styles). It''s the only jewelry that I wear and won''t leave home without it. Ironically, I HATE turtlenecks.

I love necklackes BUT I hate to have anything touch my neck. It bothers me...shirts, necklaces, scarves. I fight with the dentist and hygienist about that bib they make you wear.
11.gif
It makes me sad as I find the aesthetic pleasing but can''t enjoy wearing them, well except that bib from the dentist part
3.gif

A friend of ours who is very sweet bought all the girls necklaces for Christmas. It''s very understated and elegant, but it touches my neck and it makes me
32.gif
14.gif
15.gif

I always thought I was a weirdo too.

+1 for "love necklaces, can''t wear bracelets."

Collars, chokers, chains, I love ''em all. I have everything from a two-inch-wide leather D-ring collar (don''t ask) to superfine 18" chains and rarely leave home without some kind of necklace on. But I cannot abide bracelets or watches and haven''t owned either since graduating law school (where I only owned a watch because I thought it was part of mandatory business dress; as soon as I learned better, into the drawer it went. I haven''t seen it in years and don''t have the foggiest notion where it is now).

A pic of my thali (the Tamil word for mangalsutra as Kama described)
1.gif

22k. The chain is 22".

THALI99099 - Copy.jpg

closeup - best my dad could get, apparently
37.gif

closeup99099.jpg

I don''t dislike necklaces but I rarely wear any I buy! I guess I rarely find necklaces I like. The only necklace I really wear are my strand of pearls for work.

i wouldnt say i dislike necklaces, but i really never buy or wear any! lately i''ve been contemplating buying one to round out my "daily wear" ensemble though. i''m stuck between the cartier love (w/ the interlocking rings) or a simple bezel solitaire pendant. an accquaintance pointed out a sterling silver tiffany interlocking rings necklace that is significantly cheaper though, in which case i could get that and the bezel too, hehe.

so even though i dont usually wear them, i feel i''m in need of one to complete my "set".

I like necklaces, but I think that mangalsutras are difficult to wear with western clothing. My mother insisted I have one for my wedding so we just bought mine in India last week. The black and gold combo won''t really go with any of my clothing so I''m afraid I won''t wear it much. I actually got only one charm since that is the new fashion. I can string the charm (which I actually like) on a plain 22kt gold chain, thus making it more wearable. This idea has appeased my mother.
2.gif

I have never seen a thali like your''s - it''s lovely!
1.gif

I think necklaces are pretty, but I don''t wear them. I personally can''t stand having anything even remotely close to touching my neck!! I don''t wear turtlenecks, either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results