shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a stone from BN, but my local jewelry store is...

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to have to go ahead and agree. She is trying to get you to buy their diamond and return your current one. I hate it when people put doubt in heads :( This process is hard enough. GIA G? That is what I purchased, and believe me, I am super color sensitive. :) She wants to sell you hers...so its a good thing you have Pricescope :)

When I was looking at loose diamonds, I went to several stores just to look around. It was amazing the stuff that they were trying to tell me...... I know enough to understand a lot of it was inaccurate. They definitely were steering me away from purchasing online and shared many horror stories about online purchases. I think the bottom line is most jewelry stores (brick-and-mortar) may not be able to compete with online prices due to the overhead. So they try to put a little "fear" in us :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1447710640|3950466 said:
I'm in total agreement with those who said the store is using horrible tactics to scare you JMI626

I will add that as a person whose income used to be derived from selling diamonds to jewelry stores, I feel bad for them.
There's really no excuse for the poor treatment- but there are reasons.
Unfortunately, all too many of my former clients react in a similar manner when a consumer mentions an internet diamond purchase. They see their business evaporating in front of them.

The reasons these things matter is that the way things are going, local jewelers are an endangered species.......sad for consumers and the trade in general.
Steps off soap box and back into 2015 :angel:

One could say one of the reasons they are evaporating is skeevy business practices like these.

I agree II hate to see local stores go out of business because they cannot compete, but the way to stay relevant is to provide foremost quality service, not s#$@ like this.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've worked with Wink on a number of projects. His. Customer service is exceptional. Email him and ask him for..quote for your ring.

jmi626

Rough_Rock
:wavey: :wavey:

Hello all! Thank you so much for all the comments, I read them over and over today at work :naughty: :naughty:

I feel a bit bad that they did help me get this far in the process and now to ditch them, but at the same time, when I think about how I was treated this past weekend, it just took out all the positive excitement away and have put a dark gloomy cloud over my head..

I do want to support the local businesses as much as I can, I'm hoping when I'm old and wealthy and don't have to bargain hunt, I'll rely on the b&M stores more heavily.. but now being young and poor and bargain hunting for most of my daily stuff, I'll try to get the best deal possible..

anyways, I wish I were more tactful, but I've learned my lesson.

As of now, since there is some doubt about the diamond we picked, I'm going to search until the 30 day return expires. If I can't find another one I like as much as this one I'll keep this, if I find something better I'll go through the return process..

I'll do another posting when time comes!!

Thanks again to everybody here. Thank you for all your support - i would be totally lost without u'll help. :love: :love: :love:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1447721068|3950533 said:
Rockdiamond|1447710640|3950466 said:
I'm in total agreement with those who said the store is using horrible tactics to scare you JMI626

I will add that as a person whose income used to be derived from selling diamonds to jewelry stores, I feel bad for them.
There's really no excuse for the poor treatment- but there are reasons.
Unfortunately, all too many of my former clients react in a similar manner when a consumer mentions an internet diamond purchase. They see their business evaporating in front of them.

The reasons these things matter is that the way things are going, local jewelers are an endangered species.......sad for consumers and the trade in general.
Steps off soap box and back into 2015 :angel:

One could say one of the reasons they are evaporating is skeevy business practices like these.

I agree II hate to see local stores go out of business because they cannot compete, but the way to stay relevant is to provide foremost quality service, not s#$@ like this.

Totally agree Niel. I try to look at the motivation behind what's going on in the business.
I'd like to think the skeevy ones were skeevy before. 47th street retail has been rife with such sellers long as I can remember.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the honest folks just had their heads up their butts.
When someone tells a B&M jeweler they are shopping online a common response is to put down the internet as a place for buying diamonds.
This approach is doomed to failure.
And it insults the consumer.
At that point, a smart store would pull out a computer and ask the shopper to show them what they are looking at online.
I think that many shoppers when given an honest choice would allow the B&M store to charge a little more than the internet competition in return for the service they receive.

jmi626- sounds like you're making a great chioce...

If you do decide to go B&M, I'd advise posting a thread here asking for suggestions in your local area. There's still some very sharp, courteous, successful B&M operations. Less than before, but they are not extinct.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
:) I have totally been in your shoes. So stressful. If u feel doubt now, you always may. Many awesome Pricescopers advised me of this when I was seeking my loose diamond. It took me 3 diamonds to find the one I wanted (also with a 30 day return on each). I felt like I was being soooo picky on a diamond that would have been beautiful to anybody- I'm sure!!

Ultimatly, needs to knock u on ur a$$ from day one. No doubt. Any questioning, no good. Follow ur gut. It is right.

My vendor was amazingly patient and if you are not set with the current vendor, I would definitely recommend IDJ. They were able to give each diamond a once over, in-hand, before it was sent to me. Also, very important, patient! 30 day return as well. :) Best of luck! Excited for you to share your final diamond with us!

Your diamond is out there!! Will be worth it on the end!!! It's a crazy learning process and one heck of a rocky road! That's for sure!!! GL!!!

jmi626

Rough_Rock
jmi626|1447644388|3950125 said:
After getting help here from several people, I got the stone and was trying to get the setting custom made from a local store..

I've previously been to the store and told them I'll be buying the stone on-line but am looking for a setting locally.The seller told me that they will still show us a couple comparable stones and give us a good price and asked us to bring in the store...

They knew what color/size our stone was...

As soon as we took out the stone from the box she said, oh... (she was sitting across the desk) I can see the color, have you gotten a H or an I ? (btw, we already told her we're getting a G)..I told them It is a G, and they said several times, it looks like an H or I, and does not look like a G.... :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: I wasn't sure if she was being sincere or just trying to convince us that we had a bad stone... :think: :think: because when put next to the F they were showing, unless I'm an inch away and stare it is still for 3 min I had a hard time telling the color difference...

Anyways, she showed us a F stone, which table was 59%, depth 59.5, crown 32.5, pav 40.8.. the HCA came to 1.2~1.3..from my little knowledge, I did not like the table, depth nor the crown angle.. ...so the HCA score didn't really mean anything.. but she was trying to argue that its as good a stone as we got and even better cuz the color is a grade higher...

when face up, i thought mine was whiter, and had better brillance... and theirs were a bit smaller..

We're planning to have it set in gold and they kept telling us that once it is set, the yellow color from the g will show even more.. as where the F color which they are selling will have no color even when set with yellow gold...

I felt like they were just trying to convince us to buy their diamond and return ours..

If I decide to return the BN stone, I need to make a decision soon, but I wanted some of your input.. :wall: :wall:

P.S: when I first received the diamond, I was a bit shocked cuz, it wasn't as sparkly as I thought it would be.. I think I'm used to how they look in the store.. I was a bit dissapointed...

Also, when it was direictly in the sun, it looked black... :(... is there something wrong???

Aset image and a picture I took in the kitchen is attached...

bn_pic1.png

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
That's a pretty stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results