shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could only have five pearl pieces, what would they be and why?

5 pieces - all earrings.

1. 14.3mm WSS AAA grade drops with BGD and BN diamonds

2. Roughly 2ct of BGD and True Hearts bezel set diamonds in 18kt with 11mm GSS baroque drops

3. 11mm natural white WSS pearl studs

4. Blue baroque akoya drops with halo’d OEC diamond studs.

5. Andrew Moline champagne 11mm studs

I’m not including my gorgeous 7.5mm white akoyas or my moi et toi Victorian ring in rose gold with new akoyas from Takahashi…but I would if I could!

Wow @mrs-b these are all holy grail pieces!

Out of interest, why do you prefer pearl earrings over other jewellery types?

Hi @Pomelo!

I prefer pearls as earrings because they're bulky, and I prefer jewelry pieces that sit closer to my body. When they're dangling from my ear lobes, it makes no difference if they're bulky or not, as they don't get in the way of anything. I *would* love a pendant, but have just never gotten around to getting one. One day for sure! I used to have a very old pearl solitaire ring set in rose gold, but, again, they sit so high from the finger, I was always afraid I was going to knock the pearl out of the setting. I've also owned a double strand akoya baroque pearl bracelet, but in the end, I decided I was a bangle girl, rather than bracelets, altho I DO have a single pearl set in a chain bacelet, and I like that a lot. I also have two other pairs of akoya studs and multiple ofther pairs of drops I can switch out with the blues, and it makes a nice variety. But the blues have the highest luster, and I wear those the most.

And now just a few photos in case anyone is interested in my 5 must-have pieces. I'm not including one of the 11mm AAA WSS natural white studs because, well, you all know what that looks like.

Blue akoyas with halo'd OECs:

.97 and .98ct diamonds with 11.5mm GSS pearls:

Including this photo, which was pre haloing the diamonds, because it shows a better idea of the pearl color:

14.4mm AAA WSS pearls with colorless diamonds and set in platinum:

This photo was taken from Andrew Moline's web site, but these are the champagne colored pearls I bought:

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 3.11.26 PM.png

Question I have is that, could only 5 pearl jewellery be enough?

Personally, I say no, as there are many different types of pearls as well as colours.

For every jewellery type as in earrings, necklaces and pendants, rings and bracelets, I would like two different colours as a minimum: white and dark.

DK :))

Hi @Pomelo!

I prefer pearls as earrings because they're bulky, and I prefer jewelry pieces that sit closer to my body. When they're dangling from my ear lobes, it makes no difference if they're bulky or not, as they don't get in the way of anything. I *would* love a pendant, but have just never gotten around to getting one. One day for sure! I used to have a very old pearl solitaire ring set in rose gold, but, again, they sit so high from the finger, I was always afraid I was going to knock the pearl out of the setting. I've also owned a double strand akoya baroque pearl bracelet, but in the end, I decided I was a bangle girl, rather than bracelets, altho I DO have a single pearl set in a chain bacelet, and I like that a lot. I also have two other pairs of akoya studs and multiple ofther pairs of drops I can switch out with the blues, and it makes a nice variety. But the blues have the highest luster, and I wear those the most.

And now just a few photos in case anyone is interested in my 5 must-have pieces. I'm not including one of the 11mm AAA WSS natural white studs because, well, you all know what that looks like.

Blue akoyas with halo'd OECs:

20220123_154517.jpg

.97 and .98ct diamonds with 11.5mm GSS pearls:

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.03.01 AM.png

Including this photo, which was pre haloing the diamonds, because it shows a better idea of the pearl color:

20211024_142622.jpg

14.4mm AAA WSS pearls with colorless diamonds and set in platinum:

20211024_135612.jpg

This photo was taken from Andrew Moline's web site, but these are the champagne colored pearls I bought:

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 3.11.26 PM.png

Yes that makes a lot of sense! You've elegantly put why I find pearl rings (and to a certain extent, bracelets) so difficult actually - they protrude too much to be comfortable!

Drooling over the colours and lustre on your blue akoya... :kiss2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP